happy 25th anniversary afd

Guest Broskirose

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I feel like they didn't wanna post the one with Slash's face on it. Especially since they ban people from wearing anything with Slash on it at their concerts now.

Thought that was a myth ?

No, it's true. Happened at all five shows I went to this past US round:

11/17/2011 - East Rutherford, NJ

11/26/2011 - Camden, NJ

2/12/2012 - NYC, New York

2/15/2012 - NYC, New York

2/27/2012 - Philadelphia, PA

Plus, check this out:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/64110

Eh, let's make another thread for that. This is all about AFD! :)

Agreed. The best debut rock album in history (maybe In the Court of the Crimson King -- King Crimson -- should also be remembered as one of the best debut albums...).

Yeah I feel like they didn't wanna post the one with Slash's face on it. Especially since they ban people from wearing anything with Slash on it at their concerts now.

Thought that was a myth ?

No, it's true. Happened at all five shows I went to this past US round:

11/17/2011 - East Rutherford, NJ

11/26/2011 - Camden, NJ

2/12/2012 - NYC, New York

2/15/2012 - NYC, New York

2/27/2012 - Philadelphia, PA

Plus, check this out:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/64110

Maybe Axl freezes when he see's Slash :D

Back on topic: AFD :thumbsup:

It is still one of the all time greatest rock albums of all time and it will continue to be so for generations to come!

Happy 25th anniversary AFD! You are still alive today because the world is still a Jungle!

Shame we CAN'T get some REAL 25th anniversary perks; like early demos, proper remasters, etc. because Axl simply can't be bothered or be mature enough to communicate with ex members for business purposes.

Enjoy your belt buckles Canada.

Shame we CAN'T get some REAL 25th anniversary perks; like early demos, proper remasters, etc. because Axl simply can't be bothered or be mature enough to communicate with ex members for business purposes.

Except that's not true since anytime a GNR song is in a movie, commercial, video game, etc, they all have to agree to it.

Shouldn't this go in original/hof gnr? I guess broski is really desperate for the support of the fans of ChiDem.

It's not about the band members as much as it is celebrating the real 25th anniversary of when it came out, and what the album means to us.

Shouldn't this go in original/hof gnr? I guess broski is really desperate for the support of the fans of ChiDem.

It's not about the band members as much as it is celebrating the real 25th anniversary of when it came out, and what the album means to us.

And here I thought it was just yet another launching pad for complaining. :bitchfight:

On topic: I'll never forget when Paradise City debuted on MTV, it was a global event. I used to call dial mtv and vote for GnR all the time.

Except that's not true since anytime a GNR song is in a movie, commercial, video game, etc, they all have to agree to it.

And I'm sure Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven are the hold ups here right? :rolleyes:

And I'm sure Slash, Izzy, Duff, and Steven are the hold ups here right? :rolleyes:

yes.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Warning: cringe worthy post.

Without doubt AFD changed how I viewed music forever. I still remember how excited it made me about music - it was like nothing I had ever heard before. I found it hard to sit still when i listened to it. It was bad, dirty, exciting, different and funky. The first time I heard it the biggest dilema for me was deciding whether to move on to the next awesome song or rewind the amazing one I just heard! I remember being fixated with Mr. Brownstone in particular. When I listen to a song I love I can listen to it 10 times in a row. Each time I pick a different aspect and concerntrate on that. For example I'll focus on the bass one time, the lead guitar next, then drums etc. Anyway, I was really taken in by the drums and guitar in that song. I also thought there were two singers in the band thanks to the range of a certain A. Rose. (I mean that as a compliment to Axl's voice).

Then there was SCOM. I know SCOM is a big hit and I sound like an airhead saying this but, it really is the most perfect song. I can't think of one thing I would change about it.

I feel very attached to AFD. It did so much for me and made me realise you can make awesome music with raw talent and the basic instruments. Well done to Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven.

Happy Birthday AFD. Thank you to everyone who had a part in making it.

Axl must have mixed feelings about AFD as Slash had such a big part on it...

I'm sure in Axl's mind he'd like to re-record AFD's Slash's & Steve's parts with DJ's & Brain/Frank's inputs and launch a new glorified remastered truly perfect AFD! :rolleyes:

For the 25th of AFD they should have put together a DVD / Blu-ray containing material from the many hours of footage Slash claims they have locked in a vault, with you know who as the key holder.

Dream on... The least you year about "cancer" the better... :confused:

Edited by trqster

For the 25th of AFD they should have put together a DVD / Blu-ray containing material from the many hours of footage Slash claims they have locked in a vault, with you know who as the key holder.

Dream on... The least you year about "cancer" the better... :confused:

That was abit uncalled for, h---wit ..guess your not a true fan of Guns N'Roses :devilshades:

Edited by vaida

When it came out, compact discs were just starting to take over vinyl, and it was prob. one of the few that people bought the album, tape, and compact disc of. It might have been the last vinyl they ever bought, and cars all over America had it playing in their cars the summer of 1988, 1989, and 1990. And the fact that the world embraced this group of LA misfits and identified with the music globally, and still do, is staggering.

Guns N' Roses shared a link.

2 hours ago

Well well well, you just can't tell! Looks like the prudes at Facebook didn't like our 25 year Anniversary Appetite For Destruction original artwork post. Particularly sucks for the nearly 100,000 likes and 5,000 comments from over 15,000 shares. We love you guys and all your support. Feel free to do it again here with the twitter version

p.s. It's about time for a Backplane

Looks like someone reported the artwork as offensive lol