Should Ron quit GNR and focus on his solo stuff?

Towelie

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

At this point Ron needs to think about what is best for him mentally and physically. Only he can answer this question.

If he quits it would be the end of Guns N' Roses. It would have been over if Buckethead was never replaced.

If he quits, obviously he would be replaced by someone else?

It's hard to tell if he's been complaining a bit only because of the pain, or if there's another reason to it as well.

http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5796

Am holding a poll over on the Bumblefoot forum about this.

Ron should do whatever he wants to do. Honestly I think he is just burned out and is dealing a/ pain. I've got neck issues from a spinal fusion and traveling really aggravates my neck. Onnce he's relaxed and got some therepy his attitude will change I'm sure.

In the end if he does quit it won't matter. GnR will still be what it is with or without BBF

If he quits it would be the end of Guns N' Roses. It would have been over if Buckethead was never replaced.

+1

I don't think that it will be the same, who will play Buckethead and Bumblefoot parts ? I know there are many awesome players but take into consideration that Axl and this band has bad rep. And there aren't many guitar players with those skills who would commit full time to this band. And yes John 5 is great guitar player but horrible fit.

Maybe someone like Richie Kotzen he is a beast on guitar and has that bluesy feel, but it could be over without Bumble.

Anyway I would love to hear Bucket/Finck/Brian CD with additions made by Fortus/Bumble than "new" material with A$bha all over it.

And I don't buy that it's about being burn out, some band tour for years and sure they must be tired but aren't in such a condition. I think it is mix of everything tours, pain, not working on new material, leaving fans waiting for hours before show etc. Bumble is a great guy and I'm sure there are things he hates about this band, and above everything else he may be in a condition that it would be better for him to stay at home and try to enjoy life once again.

Edited by eye2eye

Creating new music is pretty much over. I think Ron has known that for awhile. He has come to terms with it. Most people seem to think he should be fine with that because he is getting paid a lot of money for it. If you ever read about Ron's history in music he doesn't give a flying fuck about fame and fortune. He wants to make music for people to enjoy. He is pretty much brought on to finish up Buckethead track for Chinese Democracy and play his parts for the tour. Since Axl insists on playing mostly pre 1994 music, Ron is forced to play the more "challenging" Slash parts. A guitar virtuoso like Bumblefoot playing Slash parts is like a French Chef cooking up Ramen noodles.

If he is not gaining much beneficial from doing CD tours and there's little sign of progression on the horizon then yes but hopefully the band are heading to a new era (recording and rest, not mansion reclusing) now this world tour is done!

Guest Len B'stard

I don't think it matters at this stage who is in Guns anymore besides Axl until we see a hint of something new being released. :shrugs:

It's funny how the exact same sentence was relevant to GnR ten years ago too..

I don't think it matters at this stage who is in Guns anymore besides Axl until we see a hint of something new being released. :shrugs:

It's funny how the exact same sentence was relevant to GnR ten years ago too..

Dunno like, to me that was the case when Bucket left but until then I still thought they might have some piss and vinegar left in em. :)

It's hard to tell if he's been complaining a bit only because of the pain, or if there's another reason to it as well.

He makes it pretty clear in his tweets what he's unhappy about:

1) "Crew working dangerously nonstop due to added show, not okay with that"

2) "Wow. Diverted without info (or gear or clothes or sleep) to play a wedding in France."

3) When asked what's next for GNR - "Playing Bar Mitzvahs I guess."

Does anyone NOT think he's got a problem with the band's management? The pain probably makes him less tolerant of issues and more vocal, but the issues would still exist even if he were completely pain-free.