Sebastian Bach talks Axl and Duff and GNR

Tabitha27

Everyone is so fucking sensitive around here.

Agreed. I've only just seen this and I don't know why some people are making such a fuss around here. I don't think Bach said anything particularly derogatory about either of them... He's just stated that Duff and Axl aren't the best of friends behind scenes and that there is tension still there.

This piece of information is interesting considering the amount of people on the forums (myself included) that might have previously believed that Axl and Duff are "cool with each other".

Yeah, but that piece of information came from the same person who described "Sorry" as "doom metal". So, consider the source :rofl-lol:

Ali

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you have intimate knowledge of this because you are on a first name basis with all parties involved,give me a fucking break.

Age and percieved maturity have nada to do with personality types,some people are more direct than others,less tact and more blunt honesty.

Jump down off that pedastal you have placed yourself on and cut the condescending crap you are spewing,you don't impress me in the least.

Fact is Axl has never shamelessly exploited his friendsbip wwith Bas to gain attention,or garner some leftover limelight shreds,cant say the same about Bas.

He needs to keep his hole shut about what goes on between Axl and Duff,ne is only in the middle because he chooses to be,domt think he will have to worry about that predicament anymore.

Do you really need intimate knowledge to know that guys like Axl and Baz are not models of maturity? Guess biting a security guard's leg or getting into a pushing match with Tommy Hilfiger because he moved his date's drink are acts of maturity in your book. And just for the record, I have drank and partied with Axl and Sebastian. I've never heard so many stories in my life about celebrities than when Axl gets going. He jokes about some people, disparages others, and says ridiculous things in front of whoever is listening. He's a great story teller.

Axl doesn't exploit his friendship with Bach because he's never asked about it. The one time Axl was asked about Baz he mentioned how he'd prefer if Baz didn't speak so much. It's not wrong for Axl to say this, but he is commenting on matters that could be expressed privately, just as Baz was doing. Both guys are opinionated, with one more private than the other. When it comes to Axl's take on Baz, people do not care, hence why it's not on the top of the agenda for news reporters. That's not the same case with Baz. When he gets asked, he feels compelled to speak his mind. You could choose not to pay attention if it bothers you so much. Perhaps there's times Baz should use a little more discretion, but I don't get all the high-and-mighty attitude as though it's his only or primary means for attention. This is the same ridiculous argument used against Slash whenever he's asked about Axl.

Glad I don't impress you, wasn't aiming to, but then again, why would I? You're one of the few around here who flood this forum with biased nonsense, ridiculous hyperbole, and predictable opinions. As soon as I see "Sailaway" and that cat picture in this thread, it doesn't take a wild guess as to what the associating post is going to be about.

I'm sure Baz appreciates your advice. Where would he be if it weren't for guys like you dishing out life lessons, setting him straight?

Cheers,

Andrew

Sure,I totally and unquestionably believe everyone's grandiose claims on here,sorry but your word is shit,pure and simple.

You mention the pushing match with Hilfiger,who hasn't had a disagreement or altercation on a bar? Big deal,Hilfiger is lucky he didnt get obliterated.Luckily his security carried him away- and both parties are on friendly terms now.

Some people are more impulsive than others,especially when inebriated,I can relate to this and am not so guiltless amd holier than thou that I can condemn the biting incident. Im no stranger to conflict w/authority,doubt that will change.

Back to the topic,Bas will never have the musical chops that Axl does,He has a good vocal range but his albums are sorely lacking in content.That is why they dont sell well.

Point is he showed bad judgement in making the original statement that started this topic,he comes off like a gossip and I honestly wish he could learn to keep his mouth shut,but I dont see that happening unfortunately.

Good rule of thumb for you,is don't type anything online you wouldnt say in person. I dont feel a meed to namedrop or elevate my supposed status to express my opinion or make useless jabs at your avatar to attempt to make myself or my arguements viable. ;)

I wasn't going to respond because really, there's not much point, but whatever, I'm in restless mood and I have a few minutes to kill...

You first accuse me of not having any first hand knowledge of these individuals that might give me a little more insight on the topic and then when I present my personal experience with these guys you accuse me of lying and then name dropping. Appears to me you'll take whatever the most convenient excuse at the moment to make your point. "You don't know. Now you're making stuff up. You're name dropping." You ask me for insight, I provide, then contend that I'm making it up. Then accuse you me of name dropping to make my point. See any issues with your line of reasoning?

Second, I point out that both Axl and Bach are juvenile in their own ways. For you, Axl's demonstration of immaturity is understandable because you can relate to his antics. Fine, that's all well and good. But the point is that you're making excuses and apologizing for one form of immature behavior while chastising another (gossiping). Some would contend that being drunk, belligerent, volatile, and hostile to others is the worse crime than having a big mouth or name dropping, but the fact of the matter is that neither are archetypes of maturity.

Morever, it's not like Axl isn't completely innocent when it comes to name dropping and/or gossiping about people who he is or was close with. Guess you weren't at the 2002 MSG show when Axl mocked Izzy for being unable to play, so much so that Axl was forced to tell the sound guys to keep Izzy's amp volume low. Or last year, when speaking in front of two guys with a camera on, Axl was making fun of Slash for pissing himself. And like I said, based on my interaction with the guy, he's filled with stories about his dealings with other celebrities that I'm not sure they'd appreciate him talking about.

Third, I didn't attack your avatar in an effort to "make my argument viable." I attacked your repetitive, predictable, and hence boring posts. My point was that I only need to see your avatar to know what you're going to say since you have never demonstrated any deviation within your opinion. You claim that I do not impress you and like I said, that doesn't bother me in the slightest considering your unwillingness to think about anything that may reside outside of your preconceived constructs.

Keep sticking to the script. It's really working for you.

Edited by downzy

Everyone is so fucking sensitive around here.

Agreed. I've only just seen this and I don't know why some people are making such a fuss around here. I don't think Bach said anything particularly derogatory about either of them... He's just stated that Duff and Axl aren't the best of friends behind scenes and that there is tension still there.

This piece of information is interesting considering the amount of people on the forums (myself included) that might have previously believed that Axl and Duff are "cool with each other".

Yeah, but that piece of information came from the same person who described "Sorry" as "doom metal". So, consider the source :rofl-lol:

Ali

Well... regardless of Bach's lack credibility as a source, it is information non the less. It could be argued that describing "Sorry" as "doom metal" is a subjective matter (or that Bach is just dosn't know what he's talking about w.r.t music). Besides, why exactly would he lie about this? He's friends with both of them and has been especially supportive of Axl in the past so why would he just "make it up"? It's seems entirely believable that Axl and Duff still have some tension between them. :shrugs:

Edited by KiraMPD

You know Bach should tell Duff and Axl that he won't talk about either one of them to the other. This way Bach doesn't get in trouble for talking about any of them.

I don't think either Duff or Axl should put Bach on the spot by talking about anyone he's friends with. It's unfair to him and them.

They are all adults so not putting Bach in the middle of their problems is what being a friend is.

I've been friends with family who didn't talk to other family members, and I would say I'm not discussing anyone and if anyone has anything to say, be an adult and tell them yourself.

I was also wondering if Axl is still talking to Duff after the HOF only because he mentioned that he didn't want to deal with any drama and his wife told him to do it for the fans.

I love how both Duff and Slash's wives both told them to go and do it for the fans! lol I guess if Duff meets up with Axl again, he can say his wife told him to say that!

Lately, Duff has played some shows with Slash, so to me that pretty much says he's taking Slash's side and Izzy is with Axl. If there's a fight, I wonder who's side Steven will be on? lol

You know Bach should tell Duff and Axl that he won't talk about either one of them to the other. This way Bach doesn't get in trouble for talking about any of them.

I don't think either Duff or Axl should put Bach on the spot by talking about anyone he's friends with. It's unfair to him and them.

They are all adults so not putting Bach in the middle of their problems is what being a friend is.

I've been friends with family who didn't talk to other family members, and I would say I'm not discussing anyone and if anyone has anything to say, be an adult and tell them yourself.

I was also wondering if Axl is still talking to Duff after the HOF only because he mentioned that he didn't want to deal with any drama and his wife told him to do it for the fans.

I love how both Duff and Slash's wives both told them to go and do it for the fans! lol I guess if Duff meets up with Axl again, he can say his wife told him to say that!

Lately, Duff has played some shows with Slash, so to me that pretty much says he's taking Slash's side and Izzy is with Axl. If there's a fight, I wonder who's side Steven will be on? lol

I hate to burst your bubble about Izzy but he is in contact with Slash to do some shows with him. I don't think it will matter though. Put the Axl/Slash issue aside and the rest is just business agreements.

And you have intimate knowledge of this because you are on a first name basis with all parties involved,give me a fucking break.

Age and percieved maturity have nada to do with personality types,some people are more direct than others,less tact and more blunt honesty.

Jump down off that pedastal you have placed yourself on and cut the condescending crap you are spewing,you don't impress me in the least.

Fact is Axl has never shamelessly exploited his friendsbip wwith Bas to gain attention,or garner some leftover limelight shreds,cant say the same about Bas.

He needs to keep his hole shut about what goes on between Axl and Duff,ne is only in the middle because he chooses to be,domt think he will have to worry about that predicament anymore.

Do you really need intimate knowledge to know that guys like Axl and Baz are not models of maturity? Guess biting a security guard's leg or getting into a pushing match with Tommy Hilfiger because he moved his date's drink are acts of maturity in your book. And just for the record, I have drank and partied with Axl and Sebastian. I've never heard so many stories in my life about celebrities than when Axl gets going. He jokes about some people, disparages others, and says ridiculous things in front of whoever is listening. He's a great story teller.

Axl doesn't exploit his friendship with Bach because he's never asked about it. The one time Axl was asked about Baz he mentioned how he'd prefer if Baz didn't speak so much. It's not wrong for Axl to say this, but he is commenting on matters that could be expressed privately, just as Baz was doing. Both guys are opinionated, with one more private than the other. When it comes to Axl's take on Baz, people do not care, hence why it's not on the top of the agenda for news reporters. That's not the same case with Baz. When he gets asked, he feels compelled to speak his mind. You could choose not to pay attention if it bothers you so much. Perhaps there's times Baz should use a little more discretion, but I don't get all the high-and-mighty attitude as though it's his only or primary means for attention. This is the same ridiculous argument used against Slash whenever he's asked about Axl.

Glad I don't impress you, wasn't aiming to, but then again, why would I? You're one of the few around here who flood this forum with biased nonsense, ridiculous hyperbole, and predictable opinions. As soon as I see "Sailaway" and that cat picture in this thread, it doesn't take a wild guess as to what the associating post is going to be about.

I'm sure Baz appreciates your advice. Where would he be if it weren't for guys like you dishing out life lessons, setting him straight?

Cheers,

Andrew

Sure,I totally and unquestionably believe everyone's grandiose claims on here,sorry but your word is shit,pure and simple.

You mention the pushing match with Hilfiger,who hasn't had a disagreement or altercation on a bar? Big deal,Hilfiger is lucky he didnt get obliterated.Luckily his security carried him away- and both parties are on friendly terms now.

Some people are more impulsive than others,especially when inebriated,I can relate to this and am not so guiltless amd holier than thou that I can condemn the biting incident. Im no stranger to conflict w/authority,doubt that will change.

Back to the topic,Bas will never have the musical chops that Axl does,He has a good vocal range but his albums are sorely lacking in content.That is why they dont sell well.

Point is he showed bad judgement in making the original statement that started this topic,he comes off like a gossip and I honestly wish he could learn to keep his mouth shut,but I dont see that happening unfortunately.

Good rule of thumb for you,is don't type anything online you wouldnt say in person. I dont feel a meed to namedrop or elevate my supposed status to express my opinion or make useless jabs at your avatar to attempt to make myself or my arguements viable. ;)

I wasn't going to respond because really, there's not much point, but whatever, I'm in restless mood and I have a few minutes to kill...

You first accuse me of not having any first hand knowledge of these individuals that might give me a little more insight on the topic and then when I present my personal experience with these guys you accuse me of lying and then name dropping. Appears to me you'll take whatever the most convenient excuse at the moment to make your point. "You don't know. Now you're making stuff up. You're name dropping." You ask me for insight, I provide, then contend that I'm making it up. Then accuse you me of name dropping to make my point. See any issues with your line of reasoning?

Second, I point out that both Axl and Bach are juvenile in their own ways. For you, Axl's demonstration of immaturity is understandable because you can relate to his antics. Fine, that's all well and good. But the point is that you're making excuses and apologizing for one form of immature behavior while chastising another (gossiping). Some would contend that being drunk, belligerent, volatile, and hostile to others is the worse crime than having a big mouth or name dropping, but the fact of the matter is that neither are archetypes of maturity.

Morever, it's not like Axl isn't completely innocent when it comes to name dropping and/or gossiping about people who he is or was close with. Guess you weren't at the 2002 MSG show when Axl mocked Izzy for being unable to play, so much so that Axl was forced to tell the sound guys to keep Izzy's amp volume low. Or last year, when speaking in front of two guys with a camera on, Axl was making fun of Slash for pissing himself. And like I said, based on my interaction with the guy, he's filled with stories about his dealings with other celebrities that I'm not sure they'd appreciate him talking about.

Third, I didn't attack your avatar in an effort to "make my argument viable." I attacked your repetitive, predictable, and hence boring posts. My point was that I only need to see your avatar to know what you're going to say since you have never demonstrated any deviation within your opinion. You claim that I do not impress you and like I said, that doesn't bother me in the slightest considering your unwillingness to think about anything that may reside outside of your preconceived constructs.

Proof of first hand knowledge or GTFO

Do you really need intimate knowledge to know that guys like Axl and Baz are not models of maturity? Guess biting a security guard's leg or getting into a pushing match with Tommy Hilfiger because he jimoved his date's drink are acts of maturity in your book. And just for the record, I have drank and partied with Axl and Sebastian. I've never heard so many stories in my life about celebrities than when Axl gets going. He jokes about some people, disparages others, and says ridiculous things in front of whoever is listening. He's a great story teller.

Cheers,

Andrew

No scripting here skippy,I simply observe so many people making false claims of being BFF's with the band after a simple meet n' greet (like a former admin here) that it

serves to make me a bit cynical and jaded about ppls claims.

I think it is cute that you have a little list going on concerning things you deem wrong,and inappropriate behavior-guess you have never reacted impulsively to a situation.

As far as the "Slash piss" story,Slash mentioned pissing on himself in his book,stating that leather was more forgiving than jeans :lol:

You persist in going off topic,my point is that Bas promotes himself by mentioning GNR,and has stirred up shit when it wasnt necessary,thus adding to the drama.

Gunner since 88 ;)

I hate to burst your bubble about Izzy but he is in contact with Slash to do some shows with him. I don't think it will matter though. Put the Axl/Slash issue aside and the rest is just business agreements.

Source of Izzy's contact with Slash about doing shows....???

Cheers,

Andrew

Ha,I wont hold my breath waiting for proof. :thumbsup:

A random picture does not constitute proof,and if he were for real he would'nt be running his mouth.

Never mention what one family member says.about another,that is a recippe for dissaster,and for christs sake dont mention it to a third party.

Frank Sidoris, guitarist Slash's band.

Link? video?

Link? video?

On the guys twitter, he sent a message to Izzy army saying something like 'tell Izzy to come jam with the Conspirators' that might be what he's talking about.

No hostility Sleeper,but was this an article,or private convo- if the latter I wouldnt want you to break a trust,call me curious.

Cheers,

Andrew

A random picture does not constitute proof,and if he were for real he would'nt be running his mouth.

Actually just wrote a post stating how I don't really need to prove myself, especially to you two knuckleheads, but since I'd rather have you eat your words. I'm going to post a screenshot of my correspondence with Jarmo and Fernando about hanging out with them and the band following GNR's show in Toronto, 2010. Just got to figure out how to post a pic...

EDIT: Think I figured it out:

7640546584_17e8381d79_b.jpg

Top message is from a fellow GNR fan who was reading my facebook status updates about being at the party. Middle message is from Jarmo responding to my question of what did he get up to following the party, and the bottom is from Fernando, confirming my attendance (the part about staying on the 11th floor is along story, and when he mentions cutting the night short, it was already 8:30 in the morning and we were already back at GNR's hotel).

Anyway, hope you take my word that yes, I actually was partying with the band and management. It was not a meet-and-greet. So no more attitude from either of you about questioning my integrity. If you still don't believe, go ask Jarmo.

Edited by downzy

Cheers,

Andrew

Actually just wrote a post stating how I don't really need to prove myself, especially to you two knuckleheads, but since I'd rather have you eat your words. I'm going to post a screenshot of my correspondence with Jarmo and Fernando about hanging out with them and the band following GNR's show in Toronto, 2010. Just got to figure out how to post a pic...

EDIT: Think I figured it out:

7640546584_17e8381d79_b.jpg

Top message is from a fellow GNR fan who was reading my facebook status updates about being at the party. Middle message is from Jarmo responding to my question of what did he get up to following the party, and the bottom is from Fernando, confirming my attendance (the part about staying on the 11th floor is along story, and when he mentions cutting the night short, it was already 8:30 in the morning and we were already back at GNR's hotel).

Anyway, hope you take my word that yes, I actually was partying with the band and management. It was not a meet-and-greet. So no more attitude from either of you about questioning my integrity. If you still don't believe, go ask Jarmo.

So,you attended an afterparty.Whee,that certainly makes you an expert insider :lol:

A lot of people attended afterparties,over the years and dont claim to have intimate knowledge or feel the need to prop their posts up by referencing it.

You seem intent on elaborating on your experience instead of addressing the topic at hand,which is Bas didnt get put in the middle,he put himself in the middle by blabbering to a third party about the issue.THAT is the topic.

it's because his solo material sucks.

Opinion.

Beiber gets tons of airplay and he sucks (opinion)

Bieber is one of the most popular artists in the world right now, so that's why he's getting airplay.

Bach's 15 minutes were with Skid Row so of course that's the music people will be playing years later. He may not want to hear it but the people tuning into stations like 'Hair Nation' are doing so to hear the oldies they love, not new stuff, that's just kinda how it goes these days with the state of the industry. :shrugs:

So,you attended an afterparty.Whee,that certainly makes you an expert insider :lol:

A lot of people attended afterparties,over the years and dont claim to have intimate knowledge or feel the need to prop their posts up by referencing it.

Seriously dude, you're fucking unbelievable.

You're the one who changed the topic as to how I had information relating to Axl speaking of his relationship and experience with other well known people:

Having proven how I personally know that Axl does the same thing that you're criticizing Baz for doing, you want to bring it back to the topic at hand. Utter ridiculousness. You challenge me how I would know such things. Then you question whether I actually partied with Axl and the band. Then you bring it back that I'm just using the experience to "prop up" my posts. Having reviewed our interaction, do you understand why your reputation around here is shit? What you call propping up, I call providing evidence for my point of view. I know that's probably a foreign idea to someone who deals exclusively in utter bullshit whenever they try to make a point but try to keep up Skippy.

Yeah, a lot of people have attended GNR after parties; part of the reason why I didn't create a thread about it or bragged about my experience when it happened (the other reason I thought it would be disrespectful to the band). But have you? Have many people on this forum done so? So seriously, what the fuck do you know from personal experience? That's right: nothing. I know what I know because I was there to experience it. I don't claim to know either Baz or Axl well personally, but from my personal experience with both, I can tell you that both of gracious individuals who like to run their mouths about people they know. Baz does it when he gets asked by the media, Axl never gets interviewed by the media but does so around people he hardly knows (though I do recall both Axl and Baz telling a rather unflattering story of David Lee Roth in his 2006 impromptu interview with Eddie Trunk). And let's not forget his dig against Izzy in front of 20k fans at MSG in 2002.

You seem intent on elaborating on your experience instead of addressing the topic at hand,which is Bas didnt get put in the middle,he put himself in the middle by blabbering to a third party about the issue.THAT is the topic.

I addressed the topic at hand. You're the one who challenged how I could make these claims. And what you just claimed to be the topic at hand isn't even the topic. The accusation was that Baz constantly uses GNR and Axl to shamelessly promote himself. My point was that while Baz does get asked about his connections to GNR from time to time, the only interviews that show up here are the ones where he mentions Axl or GNR making it seem like that's all he talks about. I follow the guy on Facebook - the guy is promo machine. He does more interviews and tv spots than any of us could imagine. I'd say only a small fraction of all his promo stuff does Axl or GNR ever pop up. And when it does, it shows up here.

You've got to put things into context.

That is, if you're able to.

it's because his solo material sucks.

Opinion.

Beiber gets tons of airplay and he sucks (opinion)

Unfortunately Beiber sells. Jungle and Sandman are classics and most mainstream listeners would prefer to hear those songs over say That Was Just Your Life and Better...

Be honest...you're also sick of hearing jungle and sandman on the radio.

Live setting is a different animal, I expect both bands to play these classics.

I don't listen to radio. I have Chinese Democracy, Megadeth's 13, Bush's new album etc in my CD player of my car lol.