If Axl got a widely known and respected guitarist, do you think people would still complain?

Vincent Vega

Well said sailaway! :rofl-lol: Whaaaat? I havent done or said somethign wrong? WOAH!!! Thats the first.

People would complain/compare whomever the guitarist would have been. For example May would be too Queen, y know? :rolleyes: (We dont like him. Kick him out, bring Slash.)

Page would have been too Zepellin. :rolleyes: Who wants to have Page now, ppffff.... he dont want him, kick him out, bring Slash. :rolleyes:

Even Slash himself wouldnt be good for Slash anymore. (We dont want this Slash!!!) We want the Slash from the afd era, or the illusion era, or whichever era has to be re-lived again.

Tjhere is no cure, listen to me. :D

WELL SAID!

(3STRANG3D, such short postings today? Are you sure you are quite well?)

Let's say BBF quit and Axl somehow got someone like Zakk Wylde or someone like John 5 or Jimmy Page or Brian May or Joe Perry or Mick Taylor, or some other very well known and well respected guitarist to replace him, do you think a certain segment of the fanbase would STILL complain about and bash said guitarist?

People complain because so many guitarist have come and gone. The bad has no identity half the guys now playing contributed very little to nothin on CD. At this point it's too late to change it. Maybe 10 years ago

No,some complain just to complain,they put on a hell of a show.Caught one lately?

My point was/ is the band has no identity and it's too late to change that due to the fact that so many members have come and gone and there is only 1 album of the NuGuns era. Adding a another "new" guitarist isn't going to change what people complain about.

Yes I've seen this band 4 times since 2010 they are great musicians and preformers. I was simply answering the OP's question w/ my opinion. TheIr ability doesn't change the history or lack there of NuGuns- it's been a train wreck and I don't know how anyone can say otherwise. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan and don't wish these guys well I've spent thousands of dollars traveling to see them play even took my 9 YO son to a show. Facts are facts

Let's say BBF quit and Axl somehow got someone like Zakk Wylde or someone like John 5 or Jimmy Page or Brian May or Joe Perry or Mick Taylor, or some other very well known and well respected guitarist to replace him, do you think a certain segment of the fanbase would STILL complain about and bash said guitarist?

People complain because so many guitarist have come and gone. The bad has no identity half the guys now playing contributed very little to nothin on CD. At this point it's too late to change it. Maybe 10 years ago

No,some complain just to complain,they put on a hell of a show.Caught one lately?

My point was/ is the band has no identity and it's too late to change that due to the fact that so many members have come and gone and there is only 1 album of the NuGuns era. Adding a another "new" guitarist isn't going to change what people complain about.

Yes I've seen this band 4 times since 2010 they are great musicians and preformers. I was simply answering the OP's question w/ my opinion. TheIr ability doesn't change the history or lack there of NuGuns- it's been a train wreck and I don't know how anyone can say otherwise. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan and don't wish these guys well I've spent thousands of dollars traveling to see them play even took my 9 YO son to a show. Facts are facts

Sometimes you do the best you ,can given the issues and circumstances that are unexpected,nobody gets up intending to fuck shit up.You cope the best way you can,and hope for the best.Makes it difficult with so many e-experts and detractors looking for anything and everything to complain about.

Not to mention a hostile press,and snarky smirkiness coming from the alumni.

People hold GNR to high fucking standards and have elevated the former lineup to a religion,with all the overzealous rampant insanity that tends to accompany such a cult following.

A new guitarist isnt the answer,people need to accept that GNR has evolved and appreciate what it is today.I've been a Gunner since 1988,seen both low and high times but no other band comes close to GNR in intensity,unpredictability and pure musical genius in my book.

Identity isnt an issue unless you are playing "clue".Many bands have had lineup changes/replacements.

You either roll with the waves,or find another band that meets your needs,Ive already made my decision.

Edited by sailaway

Sometimes you do the best you ,can given the issues and circumstances that are unexpected,nobody gets up intending to fuck shit up.You cope the best way you can,and hope for the best.Makes it difficult with so many e-experts and detractors looking for anything and everything to complain about.

People hold GNR to high fucking standards and have elevated the former lineup to a religion,with all the overzealous rampant insanity that tends to accompany such a cult following.

A new guitarist isnt the answer,people need to accept that GNR has evolved and appreciate what it is today.I've been a Gunner since 1988,seen both low and high times but no other band comes close to GNR in intensity,unpredictability and pure musical genius in my book.

Identity isnt an issue unless you are playing "clue".Many bands have had lineup changes/replacements.

You either roll with the waves,or find another band that meets your needs,Ive already made my decision.

I dont disagree with what you're saying... We both agree a "new" guitarist isnt going to stop people from complaining.

I believe Axl has given his all to move the band forward and has dealt with a lot of crap along the way whatever that crap might be is not up to me to justify or not. At this point nothing will stop complaining, a full reunion wouldnt do it, hell there are people on this forum that would only be happy if Bucket came back or Fink for Goodness sakes. People use to complain like crazy about Fink's playing now some act like he's the 2nd coming of Jimmy Hendrix. I think in the end if more fans simply respected the past and embraced the future things would be a lot better. Maybe if Axl embraced the past more, although playing with Duff and Izzy has been cool. I dont have the answer, I just hope my favorite band keeps playing live and puts out new music sooner rather than later.

I dont disagree with what you're saying... We both agree a "new" guitarist isnt going to stop people from complaining.

I believe Axl has given his all to move the band forward and has dealt with a lot of crap along the way whatever that crap might be is not up to me to justify or not. At this point nothing will stop complaining, a full reunion wouldnt do it, hell there are people on this forum that would only be happy if Bucket came back or Fink for Goodness sakes. People use to complain like crazy about Fink's playing now some act like he's the 2nd coming of Jimmy Hendrix. I think in the end if more fans simply respected the past and embraced the future things would be a lot better. Maybe if Axl embraced the past more, although playing with Duff and Izzy has been cool. I dont have the answer, I just hope my favorite band keeps playing live and puts out new music sooner rather than later.

Spectacular,insightful comment!

respect the past,embrace the future is a mantra I can live with.

Thank you for that :)

If they somehow got jimmy page, nuno betencourt or zakk wylde and had them touring other people's songs for years and not allowing them to record and release music then sure, I would complain. Just like those guitarists probably would because they have integrity. Which Is also why they would never join.

Edited by spunko12345

If they somehow got jimmy page, nuno betencourt or zakk wylde and had them touring other people's songs for years and not allowing them to record and release music then sure, I would complain. Just like those guitarists probably would because they have integrity. Which Is also why they would never join.

So,is that your choice of primo guitarists?

Spectacular,insightful comment!

respect the past,embrace the future is a mantra I can live with.

Thank you for that :)

Maybe SOME people didn't like Finck? I, on the other hand, loved his playing, and he was clearly a crucial part in writing songs, not to mention formidable stage presence. For example Better which the whole mygnr community seems to hold as second coming of christ was his work. Now we have DJ, who isn't exactly known for making anything that great and doesn't really have "a style" in playing, and now you say embrace the future? As I've said here before, I'd like to be proven wrong, but we waited for a fucking long time to hear songs titled General, Thyme, Ides of March etc. which clearly aren't written by the current group. I'd wholeheartedly welcome guys who wrote that stuff back.

I concider myself a big fan of Gn'R and especially Axl Rose, but I think if the plan is to tour more of the same stuff again, I'll have to embrace the past...

I don't care if they do. As long as the music sounded good to me, I'd be fine with whoever joined up.