Anyone go to their 10 Year HS Reunion (or any)

ThomasMeadow

I got a invite to my 10 Year HS Reunion on facebook. Just wondered if anyone ever went to those things on here?

Honestly don't think I could go if I wanted to because its the day after Thanksgiving that's way to far for me to plan shit.

I honestly don't think I could stand most of the people I went to school with today. I didn't like them back then, and I've seen a lot of them in bars since then and they still annoy the fuck out of me.

I was looking on the names on the list and its crazy how many people still live in my hometown, or around it. Like no one did anything with their lives. I honestly think I would out due everyone there but like 10 people. I would love to go though and deck the shit out of 2 fucks. But I grew up, you know.

When I was a kid I wondered why my mother absolutely refused to go to her reunions. I completely get it now. I stayed in touch with the people from high school that I wanted to, and have not a damn thing to say to the rest. It would be a boring, awkward experience and a terrible waste of time.

They're always good to go to if you're successful, so you can gloat about your riches and women. Hell, even if you're not successful, just rent a fancy tux, pay a hot prostitute to pretend to be your wife for the night and act smug all night, sharing your stories of how you struck it rich with stocks. Very sitcom-esque and will ensure hilarity to ensue.

Edited by Superfuzz

When I was a kid I wondered why my mother absolutely refused to go to her reunions. I completely get it now. I stayed in touch with the people from high school that I wanted to, and have not a damn thing to say to the rest. It would be a boring, awkward experience and a terrible waste of time.

Thats what i'm thinking.

My parents loved going to that shit, and I always thought with time I would want to do that. But I don't.

My class was like 300 plus people and I only give a shit about 4. One i still talk to all the time, the other his twin, and 2 others I hung out with in HS and after.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I wont go whenever mine is coming. I didn't really like my class, they used to annoy me. I had two friends in that class and we wouldn't have been friends if it wasn't for that we happened to be in the same class and sort of had to go with whatever people was there.

One thing I hate about my hometown now a days is that there are now Bases near it. So the idea of someone in the armed forces blows their mind. People don't understand its a job.

Wait. Now there are bases near your hometown? Doesn't that mean they get exposed to what enlisted personnel are really like?

Edited by AbominableHoman

One thing I hate about my hometown now a days is that there are now Bases near it. So the idea of someone in the armed forces blows their mind. People don't understand its a job.

Wait. Now there are bases near your hometown? Doesn't that mean they get exposed to what enlisted personnel are really like?

typo. meant "no".

Guest Len B'stard

I went to a couple of different high schools so which ones reunion do i go to? Actually im permanently barred from the premises of the first one so thats that question answered. Fuck em anyway, what do i wanna go see that bunch of cunts for, fuck em, never goes well, me and school type gatherings. Remember going to the leavers party abd word got out that we were gonna have a kick off there and the headteacher comes up to me and goes "if anything happens to any one of my boys you wont get your exam results" my

Boys? Hang on, i go to this school too, dont i count? Squint-eyed bitch

By the end of school I got along with/liked pretty much everyone, and there's some people it's just not been possible to keep up with so if one got organised I would probably go. Having said that I've never heard of someone organising something like this in Scotland so it's unlikely to happen...

I have a feeling these sorts of things will die out because of social networking. The main draw, I think, was to go see who got fat, who became successful, whose life fell apart, who got divorced, who is fucking who, etc., and everyone already knows the answers. I would go, though, but not before a 15th or so. a 5 year (which I'm already past... Jesus how the time goes by...) or even a 10 year are just too early. People are still in school or just beginning their careers. Many or most probably don't have families of their own yet. I'd like to see how they "wound up," not where they think they are going to wind up. Mostly I would go to mine to shock the hell out of people lol. It would be worth it to see the reactions in a few years, but I don't facebook so that's how it would still work.

Edited by DirtyDeeds