Anyone go to their 10 Year HS Reunion (or any)

ThomasMeadow

Guest Len B'stard

By the end of school I got along with/liked pretty much everyone, and there's some people it's just not been possible to keep up with so if one got organised I would probably go. Having said that I've never heard of someone organising something like this in Scotland so it's unlikely to happen...

Yeah they didn't really happen round these ends til fairly recently, it's the yankification of the world innit, suddenly you're having Proms in like Milton Keynes. It sort of defeats the whole image of it as this great and wonderful coming of age thing where it's like, after parties and this huge production when like, y'know, out in the street by 11 in some ghastly shithole round these ways, if you ain't copped off before the nights out then it probably ain't worth the shit shave and shower.

I have a feeling these sorts of things will die out because of social networking. The main draw, I think, was to go see who got fat, who became successful, whose life fell apart, who got divorced, who is fucking who, etc., and everyone already knows the answers. I would go, though, but not before a 15th or so. a 5 year (which I'm already past... Jesus how the time goes by...) or even a 10 year are just too early. People are still in school or just beginning their careers. Many or most probably don't have families of their own yet. I'd like to see how they "wound up," not where they think they are going to wind up. Mostly I would go to mine to shock the hell out of people lol. It would be worth it to see the reactions in a few years, but I don't facebook so that's how it would still work.

Pretty much the reason why didn't go to mine. There were a handful of people who said they were going, way more that said they weren't, and to go fly just for a 3 hour get together made no sense.

By the end of school I got along with/liked pretty much everyone, and there's some people it's just not been possible to keep up with so if one got organised I would probably go. Having said that I've never heard of someone organising something like this in Scotland so it's unlikely to happen...

Yeah they didn't really happen round these ends til fairly recently, it's the yankification of the world innit, suddenly you're having Proms in like Milton Keynes. It sort of defeats the whole image of it as this great and wonderful coming of age thing where it's like, after parties and this huge production when like, y'know, out in the street by 11 in some ghastly shithole round these ways, if you ain't copped off before the nights out then it probably ain't worth the shit shave and shower.

Anything to have a party. I'm sure her royal whatsherface's family with the hot sister makes a lot of money off of it, because her family's in the party favor biz.

I went to my 10 year and had an all right time but I hung with my buddy that I hang with all of the time. I went to my 15 for about 20 minutes and decided that the local bar was far more exciting. No plans to go to my 20th in October. I usually go to my wife's and have a great time with her classmates. Her class knows how to party, mine not so much.

Tbh, I'm far more interested in the prospect of a reunion of my University class, for a group of about 70, we were all really close and would quite often organise large successful class parties/nights out. (Comes from going away in fieldtrips to Wales and Spain together). It's been just over a month since our graduation and I miss a lot of those fuckers already.

University of Glasgow, Geography Class of 2012 forever, yo!