The drugs

dalsh327

I was wondering how you felt when you'd see guys you went to school with, whether they were in GNR, other bands, or friends/relatives of yours, start getting heavier and heavier into drugs? Were the hard drugs around in high school or did it come later, and the more money the band made, the more it became present?

Did it ever scare you being around it sometimes, or was it kind of kept away from you? I would've been worried about cops showing up and getting arrested just on guilt by association.

There must have been moments you saw your friends and weren't sure you'd ever see them again. It has to be emotionally draining wanting to help, and knowing they don't want the help. Did you ever try to help them?

"My Michelle" was about someone you knew, and here was the band basically airing her dirty laundry, plus it's not like Axl grew up with her. It's a great song, but it's about a real person, too. How did you feel about that song?

I was wondering how you felt when you'd see guys you went to school with, whether they were in GNR, other bands, or friends/relatives of yours, start getting heavier and heavier into drugs? Were the hard drugs around in high school or did it come later, and the more money the band made, the more it became present?

Did it ever scare you being around it sometimes, or was it kind of kept away from you? I would've been worried about cops showing up and getting arrested just on guilt by association.

There must have been moments you saw your friends and weren't sure you'd ever see them again. It has to be emotionally draining wanting to help, and knowing they don't want the help. Did you ever try to help them?

"My Michelle" was about someone you knew, and here was the band basically airing her dirty laundry, plus it's not like Axl grew up with her. It's a great song, but it's about a real person, too. How did you feel about that song?

I was around drugs at the age of 12 to 15 (Pot and Coke) it was no big deal. Slash was already drinking heavy at the age 17. At that time it was the only thing he was doing. It was in the end of 1985 or the start of 1986 that whatever Izzy and Desi were doing rub off on some of the other guys. Thats when things started to get a bit crazy. I knew about Izzy but the hid it from me when the other started doing it. Steven by the way was freebasing in 1984 so he was an easy target for junk. This had nothing to do with how much money they had. when your on junk you will find a way to get the money. I was not worried that I would get arrested, I was worried about them getting arrested or dying.

Michelle was my friend but the song was spot on and she knew it and didn't mind it. In-fact she loved it. Also Axl was close to hew at that time.

I was trying to stop them from doing the hard stuff by not buying them food when they asked me for it. My thoughts were if I buy you food, then when you get some money you will go buy dope. Anyway it didn't work they still got the food and the dope.

everybody has to learn their own lessons i guess. life of an addict is a rough road. this stuff probably had the most impact on the breakup because you don't really make rational decisions when you're on drugs and you say and do things you wouldn't normally.