Upcoming Tour?

Un42nutzly

Just came in the door...Another tour? Yay!! :D This band is on fire!

You're always so optimistic? I can imagine you, some thirty years from now, in a good vibe, making positive statements about the 40th anniversary concert of Chinese Democracy Milky Way Tour (they were playing around our galaxy, in other planets, to support their recently launched album on Earth): "Hey, at least they're not in the dark ages anymore. The band has a stable lineup-- about 35 years together!--, Axl is singing great [NB: he's singing like a 10yo girl in 2042], and they seem to have fun and a good time together ;)". In 2042, Ashba tells how excited he is about writting songs with Axl, and Axl says there are 7 thousand new songs ready to see the light of day, but the greedy business men are preventing the releasing of CD II. In 2043, the band starts promoting CD (the same) touring in the Andromeda Galaxy.

Heh, I was exaggerating a bit for fun :). A new tour without new music would be slightly disappointing, but still good compared to the plausible alternative which is still to disband and cease to exist.

Agreed. I was kidding, BTW.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you ask them to release new music (which there is apparently plenty of in the vault) you are often told that the "misguided sense of entitlement does not govern Axl's decision" but cmon already. who benefit from this lack of new music? why would a band deliberately delay the release of new albums...

"Because it might be shit" is the first explanation that springs to mind...

it seems with every tour they are getting closer to becoming the ultimate GNR cover band :tongue2:

having said that... i have never seen them live and would do anything to watch them. just hope axl does sumthing about his voice.

if you ask them to release new music (which there is apparently plenty of in the vault) you are often told that the "misguided sense of entitlement does not govern Axl's decision" but cmon already. who benefit from this lack of new music? why would a band deliberately delay the release of new albums...

"Because it might be shit" is the first explanation that springs to mind...

Haha!

Who is running this band?

95% of fans are craving cd leftovers or an album by the current band. Band members are eager to record. They have been touring one album and old band material the past 13 years.

How in the world does anybody think the band should start touring instead of recording?

And why is it exciting for a band to tour if it isn't in a city where you can see it, and if the band is playing the same songs they have been playing for a decade?

groghan, only a blind follower would think gnr future is looking bright. even band members spoke how they are tired of touring and how integrity is something you don't get by playing other people's material...

another tour would be a borefest, and the fanatics will complain about every negative post, when deep inside, they know their idol is clearly doing it for the money.

we need new music. we need interesting things to talk about. axl should be grateful to have the fanbase he has, because people on the forums are the ones who know what he's able to do as a musician, the casual fans who attend concerts are there to hear SCOM and PC, and still, axl praises them instead of us.

this team brazil shit needs to stop charging fans for fanclubs and start making things happen!

95% of fans are craving cd leftovers or an album by the current band. Band members are eager to record. They have been touring one album and old band material the past 13 years.

How in the world does anybody think the band should start touring instead of recording?

And why is it exciting for a band to tour if it isn't in a city where you can see it, and if the band is playing the same songs they have been playing for a decade?

According to Richard Fortus, they recorded before Rio last year and after the UCAP tour this year.

Ali

According to Richard Fortus, they recorded before Rio last year and after the UCAP tour this year.

Ali

Source?

way 2 go team brazil

Ali

So the next tour will support a new album?

Ali

well, I guess I'll believe that when I see a new record

Ali

So the next tour will support a new album?

so NO

may be the first time i pass up a tour. i cant go on seeing the same show. every show i've seen has been amazing but enough is enough. there is no excitement around this band any more. no danger no controversy no drama no change...im scared that by the time axl gets into the studio to work on new material his voice will have completely deteriorated that he will need effects over everything. rock n roll is a young mans game and time is of the essense.

I understand the need for new music. I have that need. But if I escape the world for 3 hrs and see the best rock n roll show, why not? :shrugs: If I could listen to Guns music on a daily basis ( and I do) why not enjoy the music live!

They will play in South America in the end of the year. Trust me.

Probably not in a stadium again. Repercussion was terrible after Rock In Rio, at least in Brazil.

I won't be seeing them again without a new album, time to save money for good shows.