Three cheers for GNR!

Redhead74

OP is right GNR's 3 hour shows are EPIC.

Even Metallica only do 2 hour sets.

All the more reason then for 3 MORE cheers for GNR! :thumbsup:

I'm not saying 3 hours should be the standard, but with all the whingeing and criticism that goes on we need to acknowledge when they go over and above the usual obligation. I think it illustrates how hard it is to do what they do, yet all we hear is bitching and moaning.

So you don't think people should be able to share their opinions?

This is a groghanism (= a reply that has nothing to do with what was actually said, usually construed to make the poster fit into Groghan's distorted black-and-white view of reality where a large faction of posters are "nutters" meaning that they can't tolerate any criticism of GN'R and want this forum to become like HTGTH). There was nothing in what Redhead74 wrote that even suggests she wants to prevent people from sharing their opinions. In fact the whole thing is absurd since Redhead74 herself did nothing but sharing her opinions.

Thank you Soulmonster! Sorry wasn't aware of the 'Groghanism'. Hahahaha! :lol:

I'm not saying 3 hours should be the standard, but with all the whingeing and criticism that goes on we need to acknowledge when they go over and above the usual obligation. I think it illustrates how hard it is to do what they do, yet all we hear is bitching and moaning.

This is a groghanism (= a reply that has nothing to do with what was actually said, usually construed to make the poster fit into Groghan's distorted black-and-white view of reality where a large faction of posters are "nutters" meaning that they can't tolerate any criticism of GN'R and want this forum to become like HTGTH). There was nothing in what Redhead74 wrote that even suggests she wants to prevent people from sharing their opinions. In fact the whole thing is absurd since Redhead74 herself did nothing but sharing her opinions.

Groghanism :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Yes, you will see an interesting variety of posters here.

Soul is known for arguing weird points to the death. Somebody will make a three paragraph post, full of several valid points, and he will literally pick one word and argue the meaning of it. And will go off on weird tangents where he will twist points just because he isn't capable of debating the actual point. He is more interested in trying to get the best insult in, rather than actually debating the main point.

With me, you get an honest opinion on everything. Sometimes it is pro Axl, sometimes not. Same thing with my responses......I can disagree with somebody 99 times in a row, but if I agree with their 100th post, I will agree with it. Guys like Soul do not have this ability. Carrying a grudge is vital to their happiness.

Nutter and worshippers are terms applied to people like Lolcano and sailway and a few others. They worship Axl's every move. And if you don't do the same, you are labeled a bitter ex-fan cupcake hater reunionist. If one time you say something negative about Axl, soul, popcorn, Lolcano and their ilk will hate you forever. (Some people take the interenet way too seriously).

But you will notice all this on your own. The worshippers will be the ones insulting everybody who isn't worshipping Axl's every move. Because it is easier to insult, than to actually make a valid argument.

Even though he is pretty arrogant, I still say that Soul is probably the most intelligent of the bunch. And he doesn't blindly worship Axl like the others do.

Soul is known for arguing weird points to the death. Somebody will make a three paragraph post, full of several valid points, and he will literally pick one word and argue the meaning of it. And will go off on weird tangents where he will twist points just because he isn't capable of debating the actual point. He is more interested in trying to get the best insult in, rather than actually debating the main point.

With me, you get an honest opinion on everything. Sometimes it is pro Axl, sometimes not. Same thing with my responses......I can disagree with somebody 99 times in a row, but if I agree with their 100th post, I will agree with it. Guys like Soul do not have this ability. Carrying a grudge is vital to their happiness.

Nutter and worshippers are terms applied to people like Lolcano and sailway and a few others. They worship Axl's every move. And if you don't do the same, you are labeled a bitter ex-fan cupcake hater reunionist. If one time you say something negative about Axl, soul, popcorn, Lolcano and their ilk will hate you forever. (Some people take the interenet way too seriously).

But you will notice all this on your own. The worshippers will be the ones insulting everybody who isn't worshipping Axl's every move. Because it is easier to insult, than to actually make a valid argument.

Even though he is pretty arrogant, I still say that Soul is probably the most intelligent of the bunch. And he doesn't blindly worship Axl like the others do.

Vintage Groghanism

The psychology behind us all is endlessly fascinating. GNR brings us all here but it seems we could devote an entire section to the myriad of idiosyncrasies that exist in our little community. I have noticed just as many threads or comments about posters as about Axl & co. There's one thing for sure, there is no lack of personality here. :wow:

FYI I have been known to worship Axl in the past but am doing my best to be as objective as possible because none of us are perfect.

Vintage Groghanism

Colecano?

How long did a GNR show run back in 1986-1988?

Yeah, valid point. But when they were the headlining act I'm sure they played longer than 50 minutes. The support act played the same amount of time as her, which is downright strange IMO. I still like her music, just feel a bit ripped off.

How much were your tickets?

I saw Lana Del Rey on Monday night and she was on stage for a grand total of 50 minutes. Not kidding.

:lol: From the amount of energy that she apparently puts into her live performance she should be up there for at least 5 hours.

Yeah exactly. I love her songs but she really is the antithesis of Axl. Also if you think of it as a ratio, I waited 2hr and 15min for a 50min show, which is like waiting 7 and a half hours to see GNR for 3hrs.

How long did a GNR show run back in 1986-1988?

Yeah, valid point. But when they were the headlining act I'm sure they played longer than 50 minutes. The support act played the same amount of time as her, which is downright strange IMO. I still like her music, just feel a bit ripped off.

How much were your tickets?

$70.

Somebody will make a three paragraph post, full of several valid points, and he will literally pick one word and argue the meaning of it.

Here's some news for you: If I ignore other points it just means that I either agree with them (shocking, I know!) or that I feel them too boring or speculative to discuss. What this means is that I very rarely chime in to "agree" with anything anyone says. An argument is never improved or weakened by other people "agreeing", the arguments stands on its own. Agreeing or disagree without adding new arguments is redundant and a waste of everybody's time. What this also means is that most of my posts will be disagreeing in nature. And it just happens to be that I quite frequently disagree with, at least parts of, your posts. It could be some premise you take for granted but which I find flawed or too speculative, it could be your sloppy tendency to label those you discuss with, it could be your modus operandi of arguing straw men, or whatever. But again, if you think I nitpick by targeting a minor point in your posts it usually means I have less problem with the other points. I understand you will prefer me to praise the other points and not just hone in on the smaller ones, but now I hope you understand there is at least a theoretical probability that I do this because I happen to agree with everything I didn't comment on.

And as to "arguing the meaning of words", I don't think you can find many examples of this. "Original" springs to mind. If people don't know that 'original' means 'first', then I am sure they will be grateful for being enlightened.

Edited by SoulMonster

I agree a GN'R show is great value for money and whilst there are the instrumental breaks Axl's still on stage a lot of the time. A couple of weeks ago I saw Robert Plant, the whole set was under 90 minutes and for three songs it was Patty Griffin doing a solo set which really killed the flow. For my money, the only act that outdoes GN'R is Springsteen as the guy does a three hour show but without any long instrumentals so its back to back songs.