The most dangerous band in the world

Tabitha27

1985 - 1993 Most dangerous band in the world

2001 - 2012 :rofl-lol:

Agreed! I think once you live in a gorgeous Malibu estate with million dollar ocean views you are no longer 'dangerous'. However, in the beginning there is no doubt that they talked the talk and walked the walk. Nothing wrong with a house in Malibu though!

If anything, wealth can make you more dangerous. There's a lot of powerful people that keep a low profile.

• 3 weeks later...

In your opinion, why was/is GNR characterized as the most dangerous band in the world?

are you asking where the nickname came from? The media started calling GnR "the most dangerous band in the world" I believe after the people died at the Dottington festival, then with the riots it really took off and now its just used for marketing purposes

That's like saying "The Dark Knight Rises" is the most dangerous movie in the world.

Which is exactly what the media has been doing. "Batman shooter," "Batman shooting," "Dark Knight Rises shooter." Blaming the movie for the guy's actions, even though the bastard hadn't even seen the film at the time he started shooting.

“We thought we were so badass, then N.W.A. came out rapping about this world where you walk out of your house and you get shot. It was just so clear what stupid little white-boy poseurs we were. It was like, ‘All right, we can give up the act.’ If you’re talking about which lifestyle is more hard-core, the one where you get shot always wins.”

That's why. :bitchfight:

• 2 weeks later...

In your opinion, why was/is GNR characterized as the most dangerous band in the world?

Don't forget about the 2 shows in upstate NY in 1988. At SPAC, the crowd was out for blood and stormed the stage and Weedsport was a chaotic disaster. I'd say that in 1988, seeing a GN'R show was anything but safe. There was some basis in fact for that label. Nobody died at those shows but certainly some people got the crap beat out of them. For whatever reason, the energy coming from the stage made people lose their minds.

Don't forget about the 2 shows in upstate NY in 1988. At SPAC, the crowd was out for blood and stormed the stage and Weedsport was a chaotic disaster. I'd say that in 1988, seeing a GN'R show was anything but safe. There was some basis in fact for that label. Nobody died at those shows but certainly some people got the crap beat out of them. For whatever reason, the energy coming from the stage made people lose their minds.

Axl said the crowds back then used to be violent, but there's shows that still get overbooked, safety's overlooked, and it's just a recipe for disaster.

GNR were part circus coming to town, but to have riots break out at your shows because the singer stubbed his toe and that means he doesn't want to go to work, I really don't get that at all. Sometimes Axl's anger made him work harder at singing and kicked ass, sometimes it turned him into a complete baby who went off in a huff. Were people paying to go see GNR perform, or pay in the hopes that anarchy would break out in their city, and have war stories to tell the grandkids?

Hell, there were people who went to GNR, and were dead asleep through the whole thing, because they were drunk, passed out, and had gone on late. Didn't matter if it was loud, just stone cold passed out. Some of them had unused tickets, because they passed out in the car. I guess it was prob. the best concert they ever went to, because they don't remember it.

• 1 month later...

are you asking where the nickname came from? The media started calling GnR "the most dangerous band in the world" I believe after the people died at the Dottington festival, then with the riots it really took off and now its just used for marketing purposes

FALSE.

Fairly sure a journalist coined them that after their first gigs in London.