Is there any official statement regarding Brain?

maynard

I couldn't find any official statement about Brain Mantia being out of Guns. Frank has been playing for so long that it looks like Brain is out, but was there any press release or comments from the band or the man himself?

Would he be part of the band again if they decided to record?

Do you guys miss him? I think he's a great drummer, but like Buckethead, a little too "weird" for Guns. I dislike Frank Ferrer drumming a lot so I'd love to have him back though.

Edited by maynard

I don't see how Brain was 'weird' for GNR? He had his own style in dress which was comfortable for him but in terms of technique, he was perfect.

Nothing was formally announced about Brain aside from the fact that Frank was taking over since Brain's wife had a child and it's stayed that way, I guess Brain knows where his priorities are, and respect to him for that.

Axl mentioned in the forum chat that he (Brain) was working on things at home, I think referring to remixes, and hopefullly if any of the CD era music comes out, Brain's parts are not replaced.

Edited by ben

Was weird, he left halfway through a euro tour because he has a kid. Not entirely believable to me not many people would give up being on that amount of money in that job just to help his wife out raise a kid, perhaps he just lost his heart in it and found tour difficult away from America. He did come back and play one show at KROQ after the euro tour where frank took over, that was confusing.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I remember reading he left because he decided he wanted to be with his kid for the first few years of his life so he doesn't want to be touring around the world obviously.

I saw that he bought his kid a little drumset with different colours on each section to help teach him. Adorable :wub:

i conducted a one-on-one interview with brain last year. it was a gnfnr.com exclusive. should answer some of your questions.

In a one-on-one exclusive, BBA talks to former Nu GNR drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia.

While he denies that a gag-order is a requirement of employment, he does admit that:

- the employees aren't privy to band biz

- an Axl / Slash encounter could become physical

- the current band has never been in the recording studio together

- Nu GNR couldn't make any money touring the US

- Axl failed to show for a meeting where the "band" attempted to confront him about the late show starts.

BBA: Guns N' Roses is one of the most wanted reunions of all time. How does that make you feel?

Brain: -Tired

BBA: You have to admit, based on comments made, the members in today's Guns N' Roses seem to have absolutely no clue what is happening with the band. Why is that?

Brain: I have no idea!!!

BBA: Do you view Guns N' Roses in 2011 as a cover band? Can you understand how some would?

Brain: -No and No

BBA: In a nutshell, why was there no US tour in 2010 or thus far in 2011? If you would, please elaborate some beyond it just being "business stuff".

Brain: -Why be a drummer if you can't get paid to be a drummer

BBA: It is widely theorized throughout the Guns N' Roses communities that all members who sign on as an employee of the band are required to sign a confidentiality agreement / "gag order". Is this true?

Brain: -No

BBA: Why won't Axl put out the remainder of the Chinese Democracy session material? Supposedly there were "dozens" of songs recorded over a several year period. Is it just a matter of the material not being any good?

BBA: If Slash walked on to an elevator that you and Axl were riding, how would you see that scenario playing out? Seriously.

Brain: -They would start pulling each others hair and I would take photos and sell it to US magazine!!!

BBA: Have you or any of the other members of Guns ever confronted Axl about the late show starts? If not, why? If so, how did that turn out?

Brain: -Yeah we tried to hold a band meeting about this issue, but the meeting never happened because he showed up late!

BBA: Do you see the current lineup of GN'R ever recording an album of original material together? Most forum dwellers don't ever see it coming to fruition. Ever.

Brain: -OK

BBA: Are the current members of GN'R paId a retainer during the years of inactivity? If you don't want to speak on behalf of other members, are you paid a retainer during the years of inactivity?

BBA: Current GN'R fans are viewed as some of the most abused fans out there considering how little the band communicates with them. By communication, I'm not talking about you or Fortus'instruments. I'm talking about actual news regarding GN'R tours and music releases. Why don't you feel like it is your place to communicate "band" information when you are / or were in fact a member of the band?

Brain: -They don't pay me to do PR

BBA: Have you and the other current era members (DJ, BBF - Axl included) ever been in the recording studio at the same time? If so, was there any output? If you guys never have been, in your opinion, why not?

Brain: -Never... Not sure I'd love too!!!

Thanks for your time, Brain. Appreciated.

Edited by bringbackadler

i conducted a one-on-one interview with brain last year. it was a gnfnr.com exclusive. should answer some of your questions.

In a one-on-one exclusive, BBA talks to former Nu GNR drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia.

While he denies that a gag-order is a requirement of employment, he does admit that:

- Axl failed to show for a meeting where the "band" attempted to confront him about the late show starts.

BBA: Guns N' Roses is one of the most wanted reunions of all time. How does that make you feel?

BBA: You have to admit, based on comments made, the members in today's Guns N' Roses seem to have absolutely no clue what is happening with the band. Why is that?

BBA: Do you view Guns N' Roses in 2011 as a cover band? Can you understand how some would?

BBA: In a nutshell, why was there no US tour in 2010 or thus far in 2011? If you would, please elaborate some beyond it just being "business stuff".

BBA: It is widely theorized throughout the Guns N' Roses communities that all members who sign on as an employee of the band are required to sign a confidentiality agreement / "gag order". Is this true?

BBA: Why won't Axl put out the remainder of the Chinese Democracy session material? Supposedly there were "dozens" of songs recorded over a several year period. Is it just a matter of the material not being any good?

BBA: If Slash walked on to an elevator that you and Axl were riding, how would you see that scenario playing out? Seriously.

Brain: -They would start pulling each others hair and I would take photos and sell it to US magazine!!!

BBA: Have you or any of the other members of Guns ever confronted Axl about the late show starts? If not, why? If so, how did that turn out?

Brain: -Yeah we tried to hold a band meeting about this issue, but the meeting never happened because he showed up late!

BBA: Do you see the current lineup of GN'R ever recording an album of original material together? Most forum dwellers don't ever see it coming to fruition. Ever.

BBA: Are the current members of GN'R paId a retainer during the years of inactivity? If you don't want to speak on behalf of other members, are you paid a retainer during the years of inactivity?

BBA: Current GN'R fans are viewed as some of the most abused fans out there considering how little the band communicates with them. By communication, I'm not talking about you or Fortus'instruments. I'm talking about actual news regarding GN'R tours and music releases. Why don't you feel like it is your place to communicate "band" information when you are / or were in fact a member of the band?

BBA: Have you and the other current era members (DJ, BBF - Axl included) ever been in the recording studio at the same time? If so, was there any output? If you guys never have been, in your opinion, why not?

I call this bullshit, you are a proven demented liar and cupcake. Show us proof this took place or at least show a mod the proof as I'll gladly take their word if they vouch for the interview.

I call this bullshit, you are a proven demented liar and cupcake. Show us proof this took place or at least show a mod the proof as I'll gladly take their word if they vouch for the interview.

Here you go.

ap772q.jpg

I couldn't find any official statement about Brain Mantia being out of Guns. Frank has been playing for so long that it looks like Brain is out, but was there any press release or comments from the band or the man himself?

Would he be part of the band again if they decided to record?

Do you guys miss him? I think he's a great drummer, but like Buckethead, a little too "weird" for Guns. I dislike Frank Ferrer drumming a lot so I'd love to have him back though.

BRAIN makes a great living as a session drummer. People hire him to write and record music because he is one of the best in the world. Just check out his credits.

He is not very keen on doing long tours for whatever reasons he may have. He clearly is not desperate for the money or needs the traveling rock star lifestyle. Hence, why Frank was hired.

That is why there is no need for any "official statement" regarding whether Brain quit or was fired. If Axl called Brain up to record CD II or do a one-off special show, Brain would be there in a heartbeat.

Here you go.

ap772q.jpg

Please ... nobody tell BBA that Brain was just fawking with him with his answers.

Apparently, BBA doesn't know what sarcasm is.

The hell kind of answer is that?

He might have gotten a better answer if not adding "Most forum dwellers don't ever see it coming to fruition. Ever." It ruined a reasonable question with a statement based on a persepective Brain doesn't seem to care for. When asking questions better not to make statements... just ask questions. I can imagine that statement was what led to the 'ok'.

Edited by netcord

He might have gotten a better answer if not adding "Most forum dwellers don't ever see it coming to fruition. Ever." It ruined a reasonable question with a statement based on a persepective Brain doesn't seem to care for. When asking questions better not to make statements... just ask questions. I can imagine that statement was what led to the 'ok'.

It's a common mistake among newbies and those without any shred of respect whatsoever for the interviewee.