Pre-BSSM Red Hot Chili Peppers

Jakey Styley

Is there ANYONE here who likes it? I used to hate it but fell in love with The Uplift Mofo Party Plan. I like the first 7 songs of Freaky Styley too. I think it's a combination of having read the story behind the music in Anthony's autobiography and seeing the songs performed live that brought me around.

I find Mother's Milk to be really boring though. I think that was just a result of the band not having completely adapted to Frusciante.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL50e3zV_Ic

^Not that impressive in itself, but it's the video that inspired me to relisten to the old material. It's always great to hear John's take on an old song.

But if you see it as mindless yelling over generic funkpunk riffs, I totally understand. It's funny how they went from being kind of anti-radio to being an extremely radio friendly band (but still amazing).

also funfact: Buckethead auditioned for RHCP when Frusciante left in the 90s and again when Frusciante left a few years ago.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

Uplfit Mofo is a great album. My favorites are Fight Like A Brave, Backwoods, and Organic Anti Beatbox Band. I've always meant to check out the rest of the pre-BSSM albums (BSSM, while we're on the subject, is hands down my favorite), but I haven't yet.

edit: ME AND MY ME AND MY ME AND MY ME AND MY ME AND MY FRIENDS

that one too.

Edited by Mansin Humanity

Uplfit Mofo is a great album. My favorites are Fight Like A Brave, Backwoods, and Organic Anti Beatbox Band. I've always meant to check out the rest of the pre-BSSM albums (BSSM, while we're on the subject, is hands down my favorite), but I haven't yet.

Judging by those three songs, I don't think you'll like their first album or Freaky Styley but you might enjoy Mother's Milk as it's more rock based than funk based.

Judging by those three songs, I don't think you'll like their first album or Freaky Styley but you might enjoy Mother's Milk as it's more rock based than funk based.

Interesting. I'll still give them a shot though.

Uplift Mofo is one of my favourite albums of all time. Mothers Milk is a close second, followed by Freakey Styley. Pre-BSSM RHCP is the only RHCP worth listening to.

Although, One Hot Minute wasn't bad.

Guest Len B'stard

Uplift Mofo is one of my favourite albums of all time. Mothers Milk is a close second, followed by Freakey Styley. Pre-BSSM RHCP is the only RHCP worth listening to.

Although, One Hot Minute wasn't bad.

I dunno about only worth listening to but i will agree 100 percentedly that early stuff is far far superior. Especially Uplift & Freaky Styley.