2006 reunion

PITBOSS

Marc was it true that there was to be a reunion around 2006ish , but the lawyers looked at the contracts and they were detailed that axl would get the rights to all the gnr back catalogue so it didn't happen? is this a fact or just some folks talking on the internet?

I guess there is no way to prove this now since it was like 2 years ago, but when Slash was DMing people on twitter he said that article was full on BS. The 2006 reunion that is.

Also the article that started the rumor had 2 big inaccuracies. One was where they claimed Steven and Izzy still controlled image and catalogue as well. The other was that 2006 would have been GNR's 20th anniversary and that's why Axl wanted it that year. Of course we all know the band started in 1985.

Edited by therealdoofey

Marc so is it safe to say as far as you know, the last time Axl expressed willingness to play with Slash was in 2001 if Slash apologized he could do a few CD tracks. Other than that since then there has been zero talks out of Axl's camp in regards to peforming/recording with Slash?

Marc so is it safe to say as far as you know, the last time Axl expressed willingness to play with Slash was in 2001 if Slash apologized he could do a few CD tracks. Other than that since then there has been zero talks out of Axl's camp in regards to peforming/recording with Slash?

I think it may have still been open in 2005 or 2006, One thing for sure, the offer was gone after Slash put out his book.

I think it may have still been open in 2005 or 2006, One thing for sure, the offer was gone after Slash put out his book.

the book closed the deal then? i haven't read it it, but what was said in it wasn't that bad was it? have you read it? thoughts?

the book closed the deal then? i haven't read it it, but what was said in it wasn't that bad was it? have you read it? thoughts?

I don't know I didn't even read the whole book. I went through it and skipped around a bit. I do know that Axl is very sensitive and can interrupt things different and there have a few things where there is 2 different sides to them where both parties don't even know what the other was thinking when some of these things when down.

I don't know I didn't even read the whole book. I went through it and skipped around a bit. I do know that Axl is very sensitive and can interrupt things different and there have a few things where there is 2 different sides to them where both parties don't even know what the other was thinking when some of these things when down.

so your official opnion, reunion is not going to happen unless they both get professional help? do you think all the rest would fall into to place if axl and slash could get past their differences? or are there other obstacles?

I thought Slash's book was pretty respectful towards Axl, but there might be things we would think was no big deal and Axl would be picking it apart.

Slash hinted at bad behavior that he saw (and prob. told a few people in confidence) but he never went into detail on what that was.

It's always hard to say whether or not a book can burn bridges until it's out. I don't think Axl would want to give it any publicity or any attention, but Anthony Bozza and Neil Strauss are great at rock bios. I'd love to see Neil interview Axl.