In terms of Axl's productivity

Apollo

There are a few people who support Axl's lack of production regarding new music. They say they would rather get a masterpiece every ten years, than have GnR put out albums every couple of years that have fillers. Quality, not quantity. Intgrity, not sales.

So which would you prefer?

1999-through-2014 with Chinese Democracy. One of my five favorite albums of all time.

Or

1987-1992

The time period where Axl put out tons of music, did interviews, videos, etc.

That time period did in fact produce a lot of fillers.

But Appetite, Lies, Illusions I and Illusions II did also produce a lot of amazing material.

What do you guys hope to see in the next 5-10 years?

One more attempt at a masterpiece and then a decade of touring the world?

Or

Three or four albums, a behind the scenes documentary on the band, multiple videos and Axl playing late night talk shows and awards shows.

I know a bunch of you think the second option would be Axl selling out.

I pick option two.

I think Axl could create amazing albums every couple of years.

Edited by Groghan

I, like most fans would like to see Axl release more music, videos ect. Especially seeing that he is 50 now. Time is defenatly not on his side. Its embarresing seeing him trying to act like he is still 25. What im trying to get at is, we have seen so little from him in the last 19 years, he dosnt have another 19 to waste. Time is getting short. He should either give the fans what they want or bow out as graciously as he can.

There are a few people who support Axl's lack of production regarding new music. They say they would rather get a masterpiece every ten years, than have GnR put out albums every couple of years that have fillers. Quality, not quantity. Intgrity, not sales.

So which would you prefer?

1999-through-2014 with Chinese Democracy. One of my five favorite albums of all time.

Or

1987-1992

The time period where Axl put out tons of music, did interviews, videos, etc.

That time period did in fact produce a lot of fillers.

But Appetite, Lies, Illusions I and Illusions II did also produce a lot of amazing material.

What do you guys hope to see in the next 5-10 years?

One more attempt at a masterpiece and then a decade of touring the world?

Or

Three or four albums, a behind the scenes documentary on the band, multiple videos and Axl playing late night talk shows and awards shows.

I know a bunch of you think the second option would be Axl selling out.

I pick option two.

I think Axl could create amazing albums every couple of years.

the majority support axl's lack of CD productivity. meanwhile, they question you if you're not happy with the tours. telling you "axl doesn't owe you. not one goddamn CD"

the majority 4 ya

Guest Gunns

Bucket n Axl material is what excites me

current band material intrigues me but that's about it

Edited by Gunns

I agree, I pick option 2. I don't think he has that many relevent years left, so make them count. If we can get a few albums out, a dvd on tour, a few interviews, and maybe an awards show or two in the next 10 yrs, I would be happy as hell. We need two or three albums within the next decade. If that doesn't happen, a lot of fans will be dissapointed, and we will have missed out on the capability of this current band.

Ironically I think there's a greater chance of a masterpiece coming if he is more prolific. Appetite is considered a masterpiece and I don't think that was laboured over nearly as much as any of the other albums (Lies excepted, but it's no masterpiece). Really amazing creative work has to have an element of spontaneity to it to get that 'magic'.

Having said that there also needs to be a real dynamic between the other musicians and I don't know if he has that with the other guys. That remains to be seen because we haven't heard any material that the current lineup has written together. Fingers crossed.

I agree, I pick option 2. I don't think he has that many relevent years left, so make them count. If we can get a few albums out, a dvd on tour, a few interviews, and maybe an awards show or two in the next 10 yrs, I would be happy as hell. We need two or three albums within the next decade. If that doesn't happen, a lot of fans will be dissapointed, and we will have missed out on the capability of this current band.

Fans have been waiting the majority of their lives for new music.

I first became a Guns fan in 92 - 93. I waited 7 years untill Axl came out from hiding with the new band. Then waited another 7 for them to release an album. I don't want to wait 7 more. It's such a waste of talent.

i think my biggest problem is the only reason CD was released was because of the leaks.

so my hope for a follow up is pretty low unless someone at the record label leaks a bunch of stuff to pressure Axl to release music.

The guy is in a perpetual holding pattern. Thats fine but we are owed that, don't string us along thinking an album may come down the pipeline SOON.

i think my biggest problem is the only reason CD was released was because of the leaks.

so my hope for a follow up is pretty low unless someone at the record label leaks a bunch of stuff to pressure Axl to release music.

The guy is in a perpetual holding pattern. Thats fine but we are owed that, don't string us along thinking an album may come down the pipeline SOON.

And you know this concerning CD how? :rolleyes:

Edited by sailaway

There are a few people who support Axl's lack of production regarding new music.

Who support his lack of productivity? What a silly thing to do...

I agree.

But there are several posters who always bash other bands when they put out music on a regular basis, saying they just do it for the money. And they always say they would rather get one masterpiece album every decade from Axl than to get an album every three years that is full of fillers. Lolcano and his lot always say that.

phew............. here, watch this. You ll feel better :rolleyes:

YOU MUST BE CRAZY!!! CRAZY!!!!!! (Groghan Ok mate, I think you have the virgin syndrome. It is ok. Its all good, y know. There is no point to try and hide it, neither deny it. Lets say I understand but anyway, listen to this very beautiful and unplugged version of YOU 'RE CRAZY, its gonna make you feel better. Listen to me. I am a doctor) IZZY YOU ARE A BITCH!!!!!! A bitch!!!!! :weeps:

I know its been difficult, for different reasons to everyone but it is SO GODDAMN FUCKIN' COOL because this band, regardless of the era, has had the impact it has with how many songs altogether? ha ha

Can the X -Band overcome this? Beat this motherfucker! & kiss.my.gunner.ass, BITCH! ha ha!!

:)

(sigh) thanks 3STRANG3D! Mmmmm, yes I really do feel a lot better.

4:34 of Axl trying not to say fuck is far more therapeutic than I ever imagined it could be (probably the spandex pants and the cowboy boots helped a lot too).

YOU MUST BE CRAZY!!! CRAZY!!!!!! (Groghan Ok mate, I think you have the virgin syndrome. It is ok. Its all good, y know. There is no point to try and hide it, neither deny it. Lets say I understand but anyway, listen to this very beautiful and unplugged version of YOU 'RE CRAZY, its gonna make you feel better. Listen to me. I am a doctor) IZZY YOU ARE A BITCH!!!!!! A bitch!!!!! :weeps:

I know its been difficult, for different reasons to everyone but it is SO GODDAMN FUCKIN' COOL because this band, regardless of the era, has had the impact it has with how many songs altogether? ha ha

Can the X -Band overcome this? Beat this motherfucker! & kiss.my.gunner.ass, BITCH! ha ha!!

4:34 of Axl trying not to say fuck is far more therapeutic than I ever imagined it could be (probably the spandex pants and the cowboy boots helped a lot too).

What about him forgetting lyrics in 1988!!!

What about him forgetting lyrics in 1988!!!

On one occasion, or for the whole of 1988? Please elaborate :)

I forget the names of most of the people I know on a regular basis so what's a little lyric here or there?

There are a few people who support Axl's lack of production regarding new music.

Who support his lack of productivity? What a silly thing to do...

I agree.

But there are several posters who always bash other bands when they put out music on a regular basis, saying they just do it for the money. And they always say they would rather get one masterpiece album every decade from Axl than to get an album every three years that is full of fillers. Lolcano and his lot always say that.

Oh, I can certainly understand the sentiment that people would accept lower productivity if it guaranteed quality. I mean, we can't all be such die hard fans that we think anything GN'R releases is gold unconditionally. But if the quality is high, then I can't understand why we wouldn't all prefer high productivity as well. Like Beatles did with three classic albums per year.