In terms of Axl's productivity

Apollo

There are a few people who support Axl's lack of production regarding new music.

Who support his lack of productivity? What a silly thing to do...

The same people who just want to go and watch the same show over and over.

You're saying there are some people who just want to see the same show again and again and therefore opposes the idea that Axl should spend time producing new music?

1987-1992 a lot of fillers?

Chinese democracy your favorite album of all times? the best songs of Chinese democracy are worst than the fillers of the first era except my world.

This cant be serious..hey! but im in a forum who 99% thinks that Oh my God ,silkworms,rihad and scraped are master pieces ( of shit for me)

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of productivity.

I see.

You might get it right next time, and on its own terms. Probably the spandex pants and the boots will help a lot too. Mmmmmm, thanks 3STRANG3D for not sayin therapeutically get fucked, imagine, it could be the X-Band can overcome possibly my gunner ass kiss, goddamn fuckin' cool yo, regardless of the 3STRANG3D impact, I know its been difficult!

Mmmmmm who knew? Broski? :rolleyes: He fucked you crossovered or dafucked not included in the Urban dictionairy in terms of legibility? (ask the popcorn snare, he ll tell ya)

I personally did not wait. in terms of productivity. I regret it. Go and bake a cookie, y know if you did? It was the WORST thing that I have ever done in my life. By far. With NO comparison. In terms of productivity.

And so, someone told me in the past, never meet your Idols. (If am I supposed to call Axl like that anyway, thats a total Rosie fantasia King Bullshit, Whola, y know?) but I didnt run to conclusions back then, I just heard what the guy told me and kept it in my mind.

In 2012 what I have to tell you, Redhead74 in terms of Axl productivity by 3strang3d with weird fuckin spelling is: Never leave them.

If I could take the time back, in terms of productivity, I would have done things differently.

In terms of productivity, NO MOTHERFUCKING ARTIST owes anything to anyone. MY OPINION. Go grab a cocktail, it will make you feel better in terms of critisism. Drawing a conclusion for which you have already jingling your stones around, I hear the sound you know, so, we talk just so we can talk? You gonna tell me, or anyone else who reads this topic/post that gnr have not released many albums considerably? Well fuck that. 100 million albums sold with how many studio albums overall? Beat this and go and jump up the Devil as Izzy sung LOL !

Have you chatted with MLS?

In terms of productivity.

I see.

You might get it right next time, and on its own terms. Probably the spandex pants and the boots will help a lot too. Mmmmmm, thanks 3STRANG3D for not sayin therapeutically get fucked, imagine, it could be the X-Band can overcome possibly my gunner ass kiss, goddamn fuckin' cool yo, regardless of the 3STRANG3D impact, I know its been difficult!

Mmmmmm who knew? Broski? :rolleyes: He fucked you crossovered or dafucked not included in the Urban dictionairy in terms of legibility? (ask the popcorn snare, he ll tell ya)

I personally did not wait. in terms of productivity. I regret it. Go and bake a cookie, y know if you did? It was the WORST thing that I have ever done in my life. By far. With NO comparison. In terms of productivity.

And so, someone told me in the past, never meet your Idols. (If am I supposed to call Axl like that anyway, thats a total Rosie fantasia King Bullshit, Whola, y know?) but I didnt run to conclusions back then, I just heard what the guy told me and kept it in my mind.

In 2012 what I have to tell you, Redhead74 in terms of Axl productivity by 3strang3d with weird fuckin spelling is: Never leave them.

If I could take the time back, in terms of productivity, I would have done things differently.

In terms of productivity, NO MOTHERFUCKING ARTIST owes anything to anyone. MY OPINION. Go grab a cocktail, it will make you feel better in terms of critisism. Drawing a conclusion for which you have already jingling your stones around, I hear the sound you know, so, we talk just so we can talk? You gonna tell me, or anyone else who reads this topic/post that gnr have not released many albums considerably? Well fuck that. 100 million albums sold with how many studio albums overall? Beat this and go and jump up the Devil as Izzy sung LOL !

I remember mentioning something about Stephanie Seymour being a nasty piece of work, but you really take the cake don't you? Next time you want to post something about someone fucking someone else that has no basis in fact, do it in the Attitude section and I'll be happy to sort you out over there.

Axl's productivity is like the KKK's love for black people or Michael Moore's chances of winning Olympic gold.

None.

Probably because Beta is telling him the air doesn't smell right for it and the earth's aura is off or something.

Plus, I haven't seen hem produce a masterpiece in the past 10 years. Why would he do so in the next?

Don't get me wrong, CD is a pretty good album. But not a masterpiece by far.

I'm sure they have tons of good music. Stop overproducing and over-tweaking it and put it out already.

The CD demo's were better than CD. Especially Catcher and the 2002 version of The Blues.

Edited by username

Guest Len B'stard
There are a few people who support Axl's lack of production regarding new music. They say they would rather get a masterpiece every ten years, than have GnR put out albums every couple of years that have fillers. Quality, not quantity. Intgrity, not sales.

What masterpiece though man? Nobody but GnR fans think Chi Dem is a masterpiece. More like a fuckin' disaster-piece in most folks mind. And also, y'know, how long was it, 15 odd years, does that even qualify as a masterpiece? Because i mean, fuck me, 15 years, you could learn how to play all the instruments on an album and produce it yourself in that space of time, 15 years is literally the entire span of time in which Jimi Hendrix played guitar, period. Great artists don't need to hide in a hole for 15 years to make a masterpiece, i think thats a cop out, what was exceptional about bands of yesteryear that made their masterpieces is that they actually got the shit done and put it out, it's not exceptional when you've dedicated 15 years of your life to make a good album to then come out with a good album. I firmly believe that if me and you were given 15 years, unbriled access to fuckin' technology and space age studio shit we could come out with a pretty fuckin' good album. I'm being the fuckin' lead singer though so back off, i got dibs! :lol:

If there was some kind of indicator that they might actually be masterpieces in the offing then perhaps it'd sweeten the pill somewhat but quite frankly nothing Guns n Roses have done has ever been a masterpiece...Appetite perhaps.

I'd much rather the first option. On the road, put out the fuckin' matierial, you think like the more time you take the better the matierial gets? It don't work that way man, matierial is as good as the idea you get and those appear to be like, set in stone very early in the offing, the rest is just obssessing over details which is commendable but if the foundation for it isn't masterful (and it's that foundation that is essentially spontaeneous or more spontaeneous than the rest of the creating of a piece of music) no amount of what amounts to Christmas Tree decorating is gonna make it into a great album, it just won't happen.

This is what i think Chi Dem suffers from because, to my understand they had the basic tracks down fuckin' ages ago, right? So essentially he spent all those years building on and adding too and brushing up something that, although good, wasn't exactly amazing or brilliant.

Yeah, definitely, put out matierial, hone your craft, go out on the road and perform it, have the fucking guts to live and die by the shit you produce.

Edited by sugaraylen

There are a few people who support Axl's lack of production regarding new music. They say they would rather get a masterpiece every ten years, than have GnR put out albums every couple of years that have fillers. Quality, not quantity. Intgrity, not sales.

So which would you prefer?

1999-through-2014 with Chinese Democracy. One of my five favorite albums of all time.

Or

1987-1992

The time period where Axl put out tons of music, did interviews, videos, etc.

That time period did in fact produce a lot of fillers.

But Appetite, Lies, Illusions I and Illusions II did also produce a lot of amazing material.

What do you guys hope to see in the next 5-10 years?

One more attempt at a masterpiece and then a decade of touring the world?

Or

Three or four albums, a behind the scenes documentary on the band, multiple videos and Axl playing late night talk shows and awards shows.

I know a bunch of you think the second option would be Axl selling out.

I pick option two.

I think Axl could create amazing albums every couple of years.

Axl is not going to be able to recreate your option two, as he doesn't have the same band with him and isn't in the same place to be able to write like that (assisted on a lot of the first 4 albums). It's not going to happen. I very very very much doubt axl could produce an album every couple of years, he's too much of a perfectionist, and especially if working by himself (which in essence if he starts another album he will be).

I'm guessing that all that would be possible is another re-run of CD - He sets off on making a new album, it takes years and years and years, and never looks like getting released until someone hacks in and nicks a couple of the songs, then it's rushed out. And you have a new album, which will be pretty much marmite (people either love it or hate it) to the gnr fans.

The old gnr is dead, it's never going to come back around or happen again as the guys can't work together. All that leaves is axl's new way of working, which isn't going to suit everyone.

This was your original post, right?

" (sigh) thanks 3STRANG3D! Mmmmm, yes I really do feel a lot better. 4:34 of Axl trying not to say fuck is far more therapeutic than I ever imagined it could be (probably the spandex pants and the cowboy boots helped a lot too). "

I can make you feel helluva betta, in terms of therapeutic Mmmmmness and censorship over his spandex pants and cowboy boots. You get what I am sayin or you start wondering if Beta get money out of Axl & if Beta was beautiful would Axl marry her , putting so many different people in an awkard position, and fuck knows what else you have been posting? It seems to me you appear mature and coherent enough for those kind of posts but now you seek another section of the forum to sort me out? What is your username in htgth by the way, where you that user sayin: "Its in his blood?" meanin being a rock star which terms I have been using, do you know why? What is your username in Cd.com I wonder.

Listen motherfucker, you can say all you want, in terms of Axl's productivity. I have been listening to this band when you were around a mirror bleachin your 'air blondie or black. I suppose you aint Mustaine, are you? although I read the topic around, yes. And oh so many other...

Stephanie had let her girlsfriends Naomi & Linda and started worrying about Axl in terms of his productivity? :wub: So this is what they are thinkin’ when they do the catwalk? I am not a nasty piece of work, I am the factory producing the nasty pieces of work everytime your season didnt get the recipe of that cake right.

When I come around here then my cow went dry. My hens won't lay and my ducks won't quack, since you brought the devil round my chicken shack! Well, you and the devil make a terrible pair, and make me jump out my long underwear - in terms of Axl's productivity jump up around this production by Izzy :D

Why dont you just go somewhere else and spandex your boots over your hair colour for therapy and leave gnr and their fans lonely? (Whadda?)

Fingers crossed.

Sorry what was that? That red color text was just useless.

Contraband took a year to make and was better than Chinese that took over a decade.

And some Beatles' records took even less and are considered by most people better than both, but who cares? You can't force art. Besides, during the years that CD was under production the band worked on other songs that may be released later. So it could easily be that the number of years must be divided on not one record, but two or three.

Yo lead singa, park your internet personality around this post yo.

U into Nikole Kidman I see Redhead74, by your avatar description. And you always trying to escape reality, you are daydreaming, hanging out in cool places (generally in the Northern Hemisphere), but you come from Australia and you are also listening to everything from GNR to gregorian chants (yes, u kid us you not!) and making gorgeous clothes... ok

How long you have been messing in gnr forums, drippin your fuckin poopoo everywhere and blaming VR & GNR fans etc pretending that you are also fans and making them kill each other? You also good in photoshop Redhead cause I have this feelin that I even know the country you live it, hey? Imagine! Its in my FUCKIN blood, cant. (How is the proxy goin, good?) Lick the breadcrumbs under my mums kitchen from the floor, and sell those breadcrumbs so you can go and buy yourself a life.

Now get this whopper double XL, and why do I use red letters, mmmmmmm. Maybe we can ask 3:13 of another song to let us know? What do you think? And for whatever Axl has not said in terms of fuck in the song U R Crazy you can use therapy by BARKIN AND HOWLIN AT THE MOON. :D

From wikipedia:

Guns N' Roses is an American hard rock band, formed in Los Angeles, California, in 1985. The classic lineup, as signed to Geffen Records in 1986, consisted of vocalist Axl Rose, lead guitarist Slash, rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin, bassist Duff McKagan, and drummer Steven Adler. Today, Axl Rose is the only remaining original member, in a lineup that comprises Use Your Illusionera keyboardist Dizzy Reed, lead guitarists DJ Ashba and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, lead and rhythm guitarist Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, drummer Frank Ferrer and keyboardist Chris Pitman. The band has released six studio albums, accumulating sales of more than 100 million albums worldwide,[9] including shipments of 45 million in the United States.[10]

A year after its release, Guns N' Roses' debut album Appetite for Destruction (1987) reached No. 1 on the Billboard 200, on the strength of the hit "Sweet Child o' Mine", their only single to reach No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100.[11] The album has sold in excess of 28 million copies worldwide,[12] including 18 million units sold in the United States, making it the best-selling debut album of all time in the U.S.[13] The success of their debut was followed by the eight-song album G N' R Lies (1988). The twin albums Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II (1991) debuted at No. 2 and No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and have sold a combined 35 million copies worldwide,[14] including 14 million units sold in the United States alone.[13] The cover album "The Spaghetti Incident?" (1993) was the band's last studio album to feature Slash and McKagan. After more than a decade of work and many lineup changes, Guns N' Roses released the long-awaited album Chinese Democracy (2008) which, at an estimated fourteen million dollars in production costs, made it the most expensive album to ever be produced in music history.[15][16][17] It debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 but underwhelmed industry expectations, despite mostly positive critical reception.[18]

Doesnt mean I agree with all being writte but whateva. ACCEPT. OR buy something from the new era section n dont you give me the stupid ol' this is not the attitude section.

Nice poster btw in terms of productivity.

gunsnroses-upcloseandpersonaltourposter.jpg

(Edit: Is it better now Gem? You know the way out of all this, let me know too)

I seem to have gotten under your skin :kiss:

But anyway, mocking someone for their personal interests is just juvenile. Let it go.

Edited by Redhead74

So which would you prefer?

1999-through-2014 with Chinese Democracy. One of my five favorite albums of all time.

Or

1987-1992

The time period where Axl put out tons of music, did interviews, videos, etc.

That time period did in fact produce a lot of fillers.

But Appetite, Lies, Illusions I and Illusions II did also produce a lot of amazing material.

What do you guys hope to see in the next 5-10 years?

One more attempt at a masterpiece and then a decade of touring the world?

Or

Three or four albums, a behind the scenes documentary on the band, multiple videos and Axl playing late night talk shows and awards shows.

I know a bunch of you think the second option would be Axl selling out.

I pick option two.

I think Axl could create amazing albums every couple of years.

Rock and roll's supposed to be more immediate than how Axl does things. I get that a lot of things delayed Chinese Democracy, but he should have had plans in place back in '98 to have a follow up ready for it.

it doesn't take 10 years for a rock band to make a "masterpiece", anybody suggesting that doesn't know shit about music

I wish Axl and Team Brazil realized that.

In the old days, bands would get together and spend a month or two in the studio writing an album. Now it takes 5-6 years to do the same thing?

I would bet that if Axl and the rest of GnR rented a house together and spent a month writing and recording songs, they could produce an album that is just as good as any rock album released in 2012.

I love CD, one of my favorite albums of all time.

But I have no doubt that Axl could have released 5 albums in the past 15 years and they all would have been just as good as CD. They could have all sold 4-5 million copies and had 2-3 songs that made the rock charts, and the touring sales would have been just as good as they are now - and probably BETTER.

IF we get anymore new music it will likely be 1 or possibly 2 more full length albums, not holding my breathe on this though.

I think due to his age that is the most we could get.

Release new music when a tour first starts up and then a year later while still touring release another album and tour for a year or so, off and on then retire. That is a best case scenario.

Worst case scenario 1. No new music and tour 2. even worse just retire now and nothing at all.

If no new music I hope they still do a more or less farewell tour than do nothing, he is 50 and still has a something left in is tank even if it is just touring.

Edited by bigcountry