Slash Rocks The Park!

Zint

Bloody amazing show!

More info,pics and videos to follow.

Pretty wiped out right now,long night followed by a long day..but finally got the first upload done. :devilshades:

1080p

WAV format

He's getting much more slick on the start of Anastasia, it's awesome now :) He was a bit all over the show the first few live ones I heard him do :)

They just keep getting better!

Third show of the year for me, starting with the Toronto warm-up show in March.

When this show ended,a friend I was there with (the guy I've mentioned on here before,who first saw GnR open for the Cult,and has followed GnR/Slash since) turned to me and said "that's the most passionate I've seen Slash play since the early days of Guns".

I told him that's exactly what I posted here after seeing the Orlando show.

We both agreed that the shows on this tour are the best we've seen Slash since the Illusions tours.

It's just....really-fucking-good!

His solo now??...jesus!...getting ready for that (those yet to see him).

Absolutely stunning!

Slash is back...big time! :devilshades:

Anastasia sounds tight.

i think if they release another DVD with these new songs they might even do better than last one, besides it'll be probably easier as there might be less GNR songs.

i want a Pro Shot NOW! lol

jealous.

Have any live videos of Not for Me popped up anywhere from any show? That was one of my favorite songs on the album, and while they are playing it live now from what I've seen absolutely nothing on youtube.

Someone film it at a show if you're going!

Have any live videos of Not for Me popped up anywhere from any show? That was one of my favorite songs on the album, and while they are playing it live now from what I've seen absolutely nothing on youtube.

Someone film it at a show if you're going!

I've got it.

Next up...by request. :)

(Takes hours though..HUGE file).

Thanks Zint!

That is a great fricking song and I had been really waning to hear the live version (not just the acoustic they played).

I love how pretty much all of the Apocalyptic Love songs almost the exact same way live as they do coming out of the studio. There was no pro-tool wizardry or computer distortions going on when they recorded this as they replicate them almost perfectly live every night and I really love that.

according to Setlist fm:

Halo

Nightrain

Ghost

Standing in the Sun

Back From Cali

My Michelle

Nothing to Say

Not for Me

Rocket Queen

Doctor Alibi

Out Ta Get Me

No More Heroes

Starlight

Shots Fired

Guitar Solo / Godfather Theme

Anastasia

Sweet Child O' Mine

You're a Lie

Slither

Encore:

Fall to Pieces

Paradise City

I think Becket said No More Heroes was played for the first time in Thunder Bay.

That setlist looks accurate (I was bummed they didn't play One Last Thrill)...but hell they frikkin opened with HALO so that was cool!

I have everything except the solo and and the encores (battery died).

Any requests? :tongue2:

Now that he has the new album to pull from he is really mixing up his setlists which I love.

FTP is back again? I am surprised how often it is exiled from the setlists considering it is probably his biggest post Guns hit.

Now that he has the new album to pull from he is really mixing up his setlists which I love.

Yeah I can't wait to see what the setlist is when I see them in Toronto (September).

FTP is back again? I am surprised how often it is exiled from the setlists considering it is probably his biggest post Guns hit.

Yeah people were looking at each other like "oh cool,this is a surprise".

There were about 10,000 or so at this gig,and they were headlining,so maybe they shuffled the setlist up for a larger crowd.

I think Becket said No More Heroes was played for the first time in Thunder Bay.

No More Heroes was debuted the show before that. I saw them do it in Winnipeg. Todd wrote about it in his blog too:

Let me just say that Brent Fitz is the mayor of Winnipeg. I don’t know who the actual mayor of Winnipeg but I think anyone who knows him will agree that Fitz is. Fitz is the kinda guy that knows people in every single city. I’m talking Europe, Japan, Australia, South America. It’s mind blowing. When you get to Winnipeg it is simply ridiculous. Rather than have everyone backstage for our usual aftershow meet and greet we had everyone meet at our fave restaurant, Johnny G’s cuz there’s no way our backstage could accommodate.

We debuted No More Heroes from Apocalyptic Love at this show. We’d been jamming it at soundcheck for a few days and decided to bust it out that night. All told we are doing almost the entire Apocalyptic Love album live. Not all in one show as we change them out. From the album we are currently playing live- 1. Apocalyptic Love 2. One Last Thrill 3. Standing In The Sun 4. You’re A Lie 5. No More Heroes 6. Halo 7. Anastasia 8. Not For Me 9. Hard And Fast 10. Shots Fired That means the only songs we are not playing from the record in any live capacity are We Will Roam, Bad Rain and Far And Away. We did do Far And Away for the acoustic show we did for Guitar Center. We are also not playing the bonus tracks, Crazy Life and Carolina. It is quite an achievement to be playing 10 out of 13 tracks from an album live. That’s how proud of Apocalyptic Love we are.

We played at the Burton Cummings Theater which is where we played a couple of years ago. Named after the singer for the Guess Who, one of Winnipeg’s biggest exports. It was the sweatiest rock show of the tour. People were delirious from the heat. I have to admit I was high on lack of oxygen and extreme heat myself. I wore my tee shirt from The Zoo a Winnipeg club I’ve been playing from the very beginning of my career. It is still there in Osbourne Village.

After the show we made our way to Johnny G’s for a little meeting and greeting. The Conspirators were there-Brent, Frank and I, plus several members of our touring company. A good time was had. Winnipeg is always a good time!

From there we made our way to Thunder Bay, Ontario to celebrate Slash’s birthday. Well, we didn’t go there to specifically celebrate Slash’s birthday it just happened to fall on this particular date. Thunder Bay is another one of those towns I have played a thousand times. It is the last stop between Winnipeg and Toronto so there is always a gig in Thunder Bay.