Fernando Responds To Bumblefoot

LoadedNightraiN

Wow. Bumble's talking like someone that just spilled the beans about area 51 and being held at gunpoint. He literally backtracked on everything he said and implied just days ago.

For a brief moment in time, I thought Bumble was more than a neutered sock puppet, but his newest twitter post speaks for itself. I guess it must have been before he was thunderstruck with all those zeros on his paycheck compared to what'd he being doing outside "GNR". In his defense, fast food industry is fucking brutal.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether or not you appreciate Team Brazil you have to admit that using social media as a means for communicating these kinds of issues is very unprofessional and doesn't send the right message at all, both Ron and Fernando are guilty of this.

Edited by sweetness

Exactly,good points SM

I rarely get wound up by anything anyone says here, but it is pretty miserable to see members attack people they don't know anything about just because they are pissed off by what is happening to GN'R. It is such a primitive, non-cognitive, heartless thing to do. I judge Team Brazil and its individual members by what I actually know about them, and nothing else. I don't know shit about Fernando, but from everybody who's met him he said to be a cool, friendly guy, and he works for Team Brazil who seems to do an excellent job at managing GN'R. Why should I bash Fernando or Team Brazil? I have no reason at all. But then we have these childish members who willingly lowers themselves to attack anyone who perhaps could have some associated fault in whatever they dislike about GN'R anno 2012. It's a study of mass mob behaviour.

hahahah

Who the fuck are you to call anyone a psycho? You have a picture of Axl's Cat as your fuckin' avator... and you get so fuckin' personally wound up about any criticism of the Ginger Fat Boy, and his precious 'Team Brazil'...

Sado...

And you come to an internet forum daily to whine about a 20 year old breakup and insult the only original member of the band that's left. Some would say that the pathetic label belongs to you. :shrugs:

Who broke up?

Here you go. That should answer everything.

A personal attack against his employer would cross Bumble's name off anyone's list who wants to hire him in the future. Even if the next band don't like Axl for whatever reason, no one wants a band member/session musician with a habit of public and personal attacks. Could you imagine if Rob Trujilo of Metallica blasted Lars or James Hetfield publicly? Not only would he be fired but chances are he would never work for another big name band ever again. Ron is even lesser known than Rob too.

What you're overlooking is that most of the music world, even if they appreciate his talents, thinks Axl Rose is an asshole too.

I don't know shit about Fernando, but from everybody who's met him he said to be a cool, friendly guy, and he works for Team Brazil who seems to do an excellent job at managing GN'R

The first point is salient, I've never interacted with Fernando but if he's cool and friendly then great. But many disagree with the second point.

Edited by Bards

Whether or not you appreciate Team Brazil you have to admit that using social media as a means for communicating these kinds of issues is very unprofessional and doesn't send the right message at all, both Ron and Fernando are guilty of this.

Fernando posted on GN'R official webpage. Do you seriously think he should have sent out a press release about this non-issue?

Fernando posted on GN'R official webpage. Do you seriously think he should have sent out a press release about this non-issue?

I don't think he needed to address it publicly at all.

Exactly

If the management feared that Bumblefoot's claim that they had put the health of the crew at jeopardy would spread and take hold, then they HAD to deny this publicly in an effort to counter it. Refusal to do so would be interpreted as admitting the case. And as a consequence of Fernando going public Bumblefoot more or less retracted his "venting tweets". So all in all I think this worked out well for Team Brazil.

Fernando's the old dude who lives with his mom and leaches off Axl's money right?

LOL....just spat my adult beverage. And yes, he lives with mommy (the maid/housekeeper).

Uhm, doesn't Fernando live in New York?

Jesus, people here are just mindless drones perpetuating lies and rumours.

As an example Soulmonster of how this guy thinks he is something special in the Guns N' Roses world, let's imagine this situation were one between Joe Perry and Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. Suppose Joe complains about something that basically leads back to Steven Tyler. Would you expect a minor player in the band's management team to come along and dispute Joe, basically saying there's no validity to what Joe just said? And do this via Facebook or twitter. Really?

For one nobody would give a shit about what this person said, and it wouldn't be their place to get in on the dispute, especially in public. They wouldn't do it because they wouldn't feel they held such an influential role in the world of the band to feel that people need to hear their side of things. It's like since they saw the Osbournes they think they're entitled to their own level of celebrity or something.

Edited by rydog

If the management feared that Bumblefoot's claim that they had put the health of the crew at jeopardy would spread and take hold, then they HAD to deny this publicly in an effort to counter it. Refusal to do so would be interpreted as admitting the case. And as a consequence of Fernando going public Bumblefoot more or less retracted his "venting tweets". So all in all I think this worked out well for Team Brazil.

Fernando's the old dude who lives with his mom and leaches off Axl's money right?

LOL....just spat my adult beverage. And yes, he lives with mommy (the maid/housekeeper).

Uhm, doesn't Fernando live in New York?

Jesus, people here are just mindless drones perpetuating lies and rumours.

Well, he's halfway home. He mooches off Axl's income so he can pour his OWN milk and cookies every night before bed.

That right there is the American dream :rofl-lol:

Fernando was originally released as a single in Sweden by Frida, where it topped the charts for 9 consecutive weeks and broke all records. Abba realised it had international potential and released their own single version in March 1976. It topped the charts in many countries, and stayed at no. 1 in Australia for 14 weeks, equalling Hey Jude by The Beatles.

Abba made their first tour to Australia in March 4-14 1976, and experienced Abbamania. Melbourne airport was beseiged by fans chanting for them when they arrived. The girls were moved to tears. Newspaper and tv headlines read "Abba fever hits Australia". Channel 9 recorded the tv special "The Best Of Abba", which included this performance of Fernando. The show was watched by 54% of the viewing public, more than watched the moon landing. They performed their biggest hits, with several costume changes. The tv producer declared "I have never worked with such an agreeable group of people. The image they present on screen - friendly, warm, bright, intelligent people - is exactly what they are. Complete modesty is the group's most refreshing quality".

Expessen published some astounding figures after the tour. Abba had 5 singles and 2 albums in the charts at the same time in Australia. Fernando was no. 1, Ring Ring was no. 4, Rock Me was no. 5, Mama Mia was no. 20 and SOS was no. 22. "Abba" and "The Best Of Abba" were numbers 1 and 2 in the album charts.

I bet Axl wished China Dem was a popular.

Edited by vaida

As an example Soulmonster of how this guy thinks he is something special in the Guns N' Roses world, let's imagine this situation were one between Joe Perry and Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. Suppose Joe complains about something that basically leads back to Steven Tyler.. Would you expect a minor player in the band's management team to come along and dispute what Joe just said, basically saying there's no validity to what Joe just said? And do this via Facebook or twitter. Really?

For one nobody would give a shit about what this person said, and it wouldn't be their place to get in on the dispute, especially in public. They wouldn't do it because they wouldn't feel they held such an influential role in the world of the band to feel that people need to hear their side of things.

Is this supposed to be your defence of your attacks on Fernando? How sad....

Bumblefoot criticised the band for putting the health of the crew in danger. Fernando, as a prominent members of the management team, publicly denied this via the band's official web page. There is nothing wrong in this at all. In fact, he did a good job.

Can you now start to substantiate your claim that Fernando is a yes-man and not a good manager and basically deserves your bashing?

Not really because fans are only further speculating, some are even assuming this means Ron is out. Should have just left it alone like his other cryptic tweets everyone forgot about after like 4 days.

He mooches off Axl's income so he can pour his OWN milk and cookies every night before bed.

"Mooching off someone's income" is a weird way to describe a management's fee from the total revenues generated by a rock band, revenues that the management themselves have contributed in obtaining.