Led Zeppelin is one of the worst rock bands in history.

arnold layne

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Dog is what got me into them. Was riding in the car with my dad, the station was playing the song and he turned it up and started doing air guitar while driving. It is a bad ass song. Then I heard the others, Whole Lotta Love, Stairway to Heaven, Battle of Evermore, Good Times Bad Times, Dazed and Confused. By far the best sounding band in history. The tone from each member was perfect. Nothing can match it.

Black Dog is what got me into them. Was riding in the car with my dad, the station was playing the song and he turned it up and started doing air guitar while driving. It is a bad ass song. Then I heard the others, Whole Lotta Love, Stairway to Heaven, Battle of Evermore, Good Times Bad Times, Dazed and Confused. By far the best sounding band in history. The tone from each member was perfect. Nothing can match it.

especially a whiny emo bitch from seattle

I love Nirvana too. They were the sound of the 90's.

Dark Side of the Moon is the great album of the 70's along with Whats Going On by Marvin Gaye. There was so much more to the 70's than Disco, I think it was an even better decade for music than the 60's.

Dark Side of the Moon is the great album of the 70's along with Whats Going On by Marvin Gaye. There was so much more to the 70's than Disco, I think it was an even better decade for music than the 60's.

70s music kicks ass the 60s had decent stuff but the 70s had all kinds of good music

The 70's perfected what began in the 60's. All went downhill from 2000 and on when garage rock came back because everyone ran out of ideas.

yeah the 2000s for rock n roll sucks

metal has been great in the 2000s though

True, but that's an unfortunate point, as there were tons of bands (both underground and mainstream) better than Nirvana in the 90s.

Edited by Zeppelin

The only outside help Led Zep needed was the sound guy at the concerts and the recording engineer. They were pretty self-contained.

Even if you find them boring, not sure how that makes them horrible.

There's plagiarism on the first album,even though 2 of the songs were credited. What popular band hasn't stolen from someone else?

They were almost strictly blues musicians at the time, and blues songs tend to copy earlier songs making very small changes.

Guest Len B'stard

I don't like em but "the worst?" Nah, can't be having that. Page, Bonham and John Paul Jones i think his name is, as players, are fucking fantastic. Just because i don't particularly care for the resultant product they create thats more to do with finding it dificult to relate to in any kinda way, certain songs are incredible, like Black Dog, Rock n Roll...none of them are inciteful to me in the way rock n roll is, that song sounds up and like...there's a relief to it and a gleefulness that goes back to like, the earliest rock n roll songs which were quite literally about the music and how it makes you move, Rock n Roll is like that...Black Dog is incredible too. It's just a lot of it to me is like...un-relate-to-able. But thats as much a lacking in me, more so i guess, than the music itself. If YOU can't relate to it yet you recognise it's merit as i do then i guess to some point the problem is you (i.e. me).

I'd include Tapestry with those 70s albums. And dont forget the Stones and Stevie Wonder in their prime.