What unreleased GNR material would you rather pay money for?

Freddie Mercury's Ghost

What unreleased GNR material would you rather pay money for?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I would pay for the Illusions tour documentary and Chinese Democracy sessions material, but I would definitely want to hear the re-recorded version of Appetite. I´m pretty sure it doesn´t beat the original, but still, it would be interesting to hear. Besides, now it would be a good moment to release deluxe edition of AFD with the rerecorded version on a bonus disc and rehearsals + live from the early years on third disc.

You have $50.00.

Which of the above would you actually spend money for if they were available?

instead of having 2 pay for it.....axl rose should release the unreleased chinese democracy material as promised on cd 2 and cd 3

That movie would make a zillion dollars if they put it in theatres. Think of Metallica's "Some Kind of Monster".

Umm... "Some kind of monster" grossed a staggering $1.22 million opening weekend. $22k more then to going rate for GnR at a wedding.

Just saying.

Anyone who would pass on NEW MUSIC for snippets of footage of things that have been written about in like 9 books is crazy imo. New music all the way!

Edited by DeadSlash

Could "they" (the perverbial they) release the UYI stuff or does Axl need to sign off on it?

My guess is that it falls under the "Guns N' Roses Partnership" (i.e. Axl, Slash and Duff) and would therefore require approval from all 3 parties (or their designated representatives, successors, transferees, etc. if any). Also complicating things may be Robert John's involvement- if any. I believe Axl and/or Guns ended up in some kind of lawsuit with him a few years back. Not sure how things stand these days. Not sure if John was even behind the camera for the footage- but knowing Guns- they've probably been in some dispute with whoever was!! Lol!

Anyway- would be fascinating to see some day for historical purposes if nothing else (world's biggest rock band at their absolute pinnacle while simultaneously falling apart at the seams and music under-going a seismic shift to grunge/alternative) but I suppose we shouldn't hold our breath... ;)

I always find it amusing that Axl does not want to be associated with old GnR but continues to tour and play all of the AFD music....I'd Personally take anything on offer from the 85 to 95 vault, Perfect Crime Doco, Unreleased material, Interviews....anything. Simply because THAT was Guns N' Roses, This current Band is nothing more than a bunch of users taking advantage of a mixed up dude with millions to blow on lunacy...

I honestly believe that back in 2001 we had a genuine band who wanted to build on the legacy of GnR.

In 2012 you have a bunch of people who are just in it for the money.

REAL BANDS RELEASE MUSIC!!!! Thats what they are supposed to do right?

Also as far as the UYI footage- IF there truly are hundreds of hours of tape lying around- imagine how hard it would be to get Axl, Slash and Duff to agree which 2-3 hours should be shown?!?

Axl: "Here we are in Dallas, TX and Slash and Duff are in drunken stupors... AGAIN... puking in some groupie's cleavage... AGAIN..."

Slash & Duff: "Here we are in the dressing room in Cologne, Germany... waiting on Axl... AGAIN... I guess Axl needs a nuclear energy reading from Yoda... AGAIN... At least this crowd ain't tearing shit up like they did in St. Louis..."

You have $50.00.

Which of the above would you actually spend money for if they were available?

Duff said in 93/94 that there was a almost completed album in the hopper...that the band had been recording ect...Ive only heard reference to it a few times. I think it was a radio interview that he saidit. In Guns there was never a lack of material. Id love to hear those songs by the legacy band shortly before Slash got demoted to hired gun and decided to hit the road.