What performances did Axl give you goosebumps?

Haters Gonna Hate

Watching it live? actually being there as appose to watching on TV? "Perfect Crime" -- Wembley Stadium, England, 1991.

GNR were effectively "The Ritz" video that was going around Channel 4 in the UK -- We heard the raw rock n roll vibe of AFD and we knew GNR had a double album due out in September (UTI 1&2) and this was month earlier. Remember, MTV was how you kept up to date with bands (and that was shite). no internet guys we knew nothing! Fast forward to the concert....you're expecting Leather pants on Axl coming out to a new bluesy number to open at Wembley and then what happened? White lycra shorts, a crop white t shirt, screaming Perfect Crime it was just like "WTF JUST HAPPENED" -- Goosebumps, in fact, even now just typing this out. Brilliant.

Freddie tribute show. When he burst on stage "So you think you can love me & leave me to die".......wrapped in red/white/blue! Pretty sure Sorum said it was Axl's greatest performance too.

That's definitely one. Jungle from RIR 2001, purely because of the insane energy you see in the crowd, I can only imagine what it would've been like to be there. Nightrain from Tokyo 2009, too.

As far as shows I've been to, definitely Street if Dreams from Calgary 2010. Also, when you're at the show and Axl rips into the Shackler's chorus, holy fuck.

- When they used to open with Welcome to the Jungle, you'd see him coming on stage and "you know where the fuck you are" from 2006 was amazing. His jungle intro now is more like the album version.

- When he sang sailing at wembley

- First time I heard him sing IRS

- When he stopped welcome to the jungle at liverpool, then ranted and started the song again. You could tell he wanted to stop the song to re-start it cause the crowd loved the reaction.

Estranged at Rio 2011 for sure. I was thinking we might see another new song or something in the coming shows (unfortunately didn't happen).

When the Chinese intro started the first time I saw them in Hamilton, ON (2010) was definitely a chill. Getting TWAT a few songs later was definitely the greatest GNR moment for me.

The Queen tribute in 1992 when Axl came spinning out for the second half of "Bohemian Rhapsody" with Elton John.

Second that. It just works beautifully with the pyro.

Also every time they play Heaven's door and Axl does that final scream during the singalong part...just mesmerizing

Knockin' On Heaven's Door - Alpine Valley 1991... i don't why

first time i get goosebumbs from Axl (i think it was 2007, first time in the internet and youtube)

and then 2012, when i saw GN'R live in Germany.

The Intro of Chinese Democrazy. I was in the first row. Axl Rose looked at me and smiled :--D

Free falling with Tom Petty, NR in tokyo 1992, we will rock you (92).

There's so many I think. He can totally suck sometimes but there might be this one moment in the one song that make it all special.

I think he's an extremely honest performer and sometimes you can really feel that he's feeling what he's singing.

Free falling with Tom Petty, NR in tokyo 1992, we will rock you (92).

There's so many I think. He can totally suck sometimes but there might be this one moment in the one song that make it all special.

I think he's an extremely honest performer and sometimes you can really feel that he's feeling what he's singing.

YES, YES, YES! Free falling with Tom Petty was AMAZING! When he came out and started singing the crowd went nuts and everyone else on stage knew they were in the presence of something incredible, even Tom Petty had the expression "holy shit!". It was truly something to behold!

I am silenced and mesmerised too when I watch him playing Black Sabbath's 'Its Alright' (Argentina 1992). This wild, crazy little rocker playing the most beautiful piano music. It does more than give me shivers! :wub:

I really agree too that he is such an honest performer. It's what makes him truly unique. He shows us a little piece of his soul sometimes and I don't know many other performers of any genre that do that.

Edited by Redhead74