Why does the public like Sorry?

Jakey Styley

A couple of my friends who watched the Rock in Rio stream (lol) fell in love with Sorry. I've seen people on this forum say that their friends enjoy Sorry a lot too. I think it's interesting that it's considered one of the worst CD songs by us fans but others enjoy it.

Have you noticed the same thing? What is it about the song that's appealing to others?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define "us fans". Do you mean "Unites States fans"? Can't say anything about them, I'm from Germany. Didn't pay much attention to the song on the album, but it's awesome live. I don't know the reason though. It just is.

Define "us fans". Do you mean "Unites States fans"? Can't say anything about them, I'm from Germany. Didn't pay much attention to the song on the album, but it's awesome live. I don't know the reason though. It just is.

I was referring to the people on this forum.

I love it too, but it's in the bottom 5 of the album for me. It comes out very nicely live though. How do the crowds at the shows like it?

I think the "slower" songs are more often than not liked by the general public.. Take UYI, November Rain and Don't Cry were two of the biggest hits.

EDIT: Maybe not "slower" but "softer".

Edited by Spirit

A couple of my friends who watched the Rock in Rio stream (lol) fell in love with Sorry. I've seen people on this forum say that their friends enjoy Sorry a lot too. I think it's interesting that it's considered one of the worst CD songs by us fans but others enjoy it.

Have you noticed the same thing? What is it about the song that's appealing to others?

I always kind of liked Sorry. But I don't know... There's something about the Rio performance.

The faces Axl does, the way he puts himself into the music. It's a very good performance of this song, overall.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

It sounds like a Metallica song.

It's kind of memorising the first time you hear it. Then you get bored of it - mainly because of the lyrics.

Not a big fan of Sorry. One of my least favorites from CD. Probably my 2nd least after Riad. And I don't think it's a good live song. If anything, it's a mood breaker. I think Axl only plays it 'cause it's easy to sing.

I remember Sorry being one of the most well liked songs on the forums when it came out

Most of the people in the online forums who dislike it are butthurt over the lyrical content

The reason people outside of the fanbase seem to like it, my guess would be that it is very melodic, it has a big chorus, has a cool solo, and it has "atmosphere;" it always reminded me of a cross between Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath. Plus the lyrics are vintage Axl in terms of the attitude

It sounds like a Metallica song.

It's kind of memorising the first time you hear it. Then you get bored of it - mainly because of the lyrics.

the lyrics are amazing slaa - thanks a million!:angry:

Seriously, when someone you know/knew are getting on your nerves to the point of despair, stick it on!:devilshades: