Why does the public like Sorry?

Jakey Styley

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about anyone else but I think the lines "Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree? It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me." are probably some of Axl's finest if not THE finest of his whole career.

I agree! I like these lines as much as "And now that you've been broken down got your head out of the clouds you're back down on the ground and you don't talk so loud and you don't walk so proud any more, and what for"

I don't know about anyone else but I think the lines "Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree? It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me." are probably some of Axl's finest if not THE finest of his whole career. Easily the highlight of the entire album lyrically imo.

This.

Outstanding song and without doubt, the most listened to song on the album for me.

Great live and Axl's expression on those lyrics live just is amazing!!!:devilshades: love it.

Agreed Subsy!!

The dark lyrics and the Floyd-esque melody is powerful and remains one of my favorites :thumbsup:

Don't you EVER compare Sorry to Pink Floyd ever again.

That is very rude to Roger Waters and Gilmour.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It's one of the few songs I can stand on the album. One out of three songs with a good solo too.

Outstanding song and without doubt, the most listened to song on the album for me.

Great live and Axl's expression on those lyrics live just is amazing!!!:devilshades: love it.

Agreed Subsy!!

The dark lyrics and the Floyd-esque melody is powerful and remains one of my favorites :thumbsup:

Get off of it,I'll compare who.I like.

For the record I am a PF fan,own all their Albums,plus "Barrett" & "Madcaps laughs".

Met Waters some years ago while attending his gig.

"Sorry" has a floyd groove to it IMO.

Agreed Subsy!!

Get off of it,I'll compare who.I like.

For the record I am a PF fan,own all their Albums,plus "Barrett" & "Madcaps laughs".

Met Waters some years ago while attending his gig.

"Sorry" has a floyd groove to it IMO.

:no:

Every time I hear it, all I say is, "Doom metal? Really?"

:rofl-lol: Lol. I just realised what an idiot Baz is. Love him for this one. There aren't many people in the world who would describe Sorry as fuckin' doom metal. :D

Anyway, I think the reason is most of chi-dem songs grow on you a lot, even through you don't like them that much in the first place. But there is not that much in Sorry you have to discover, that's why the general public seems to enjoy it live.

Edited by BatVin

Agree. Its easily the best raw song on the album. And yes, very Slash-esque guitars. Axl's lyrics, superb.

Raw ? - there's nothing raw about Sorry. I'm sorry for you if you consider Sorry close to Raw.

Edited by vaida

Agree. Its easily the best raw song on the album. And yes, very Slash-esque guitars. Axl's lyrics, superb.

Raw ? - there's nothing raw about Sorry. I'm sorry for you if you consider Sorry close to Raw.

You're right, nothing on CD is RAW lol. I should go back and state "acoustic guitars, layered chorus/melodies... but very stripped down vocals in the verses.." I stand corrected on such a statement lol

Agreed Subsy!!

the melody reminded me of Pink Floyd too and don't waste time asking me not to compare because I won't listen nor care :rolleyes:

Every time I hear it, all I say is, "Doom metal? Really?"

The tempo is slow, the vocals are clean... it's got some elements of doom metal.

To be fair, I think Baz said it was "almost like doom metal", not that it was a doom metal song.

• 2 weeks later...