Has anyone ever heard any Chinese Democracy songs on the radio?

liers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better. Once.

A friend of mine also said he heard Better, that was on early 2009.

Brazil's most watched TV program is... Big Brother Brazil. Yes, it is.

And on the 2009 both Better and If The World were on the program, they played it every once in a while, every week.

heard street of dreams and better on the radio during the week of the 4th of july

also when released in florida the rock station down their played at least once an hour it was also requested quite a few times as well

Edited by bran

Yes. when they were coming here last year(Atlanta), there was a decent rotation of material from them and the station talked about the gig frequently. It apparently didn't take very well.

Edited by Rustycage

Heard CD a few times when it was released, then the last time was about a year ago when the station did a full half hour to GNR (which they do for a different band every day) They played CD as one of the middle songs

This is a true story that I may have posted once or twice before, but I'll never forget it, unfortunately. I was in my senior year of high school when the I.R.S. leak occurred. By that point I was already on the forums and had been following the band for a bit, and was excited for the record. I'd already heard the leak and loved it, and I went to school the next day...on the way home, on the bus (I had just moved to the U.S. from Europe so I didn't have a driver's license and had to take the bus! Oh what a terrible year :lol:), I was talking to a friend of mine when a DJ on the radio station the bus driver always tuned in to started talking about a new GN'R leak.

Of course, I immediately knew what was about to come on, so I started getting excited and told my friend that a song had leaked the night before. He wasn't a GN'R fan but he and I had similar taste so he was like Cool, let's hear it!

Well, the song starts playing, and I'm loving the fact that it's playing on the bus, until literally during my favourite part of the song - where Axl screams "You know it's true" - this freshman girl at the front of the bus stands up and asks the bus driver, "Can we turn this noise off?" (And yes, she actually used the word 'noise,' like it was the 1960s or something. She didn't ask in a nice way, either.)

And the the driver turned on some other pop radio station and I felt my heart crush. My friend didn't like the song either, I could tell, but said he thought it was OK as not to hurt my feelings. Later he told me he thought it was pretty awful.

That was the only time I've ever heard a ChiDem song on the radio.

Having said that, I don't listen to radio a lot, so I'm not trying to say the songs were never played. But sadly that was my first and last exposure to Chinese Democracy on the airwaves.

I havn't heard a Chinese Democracy song played on the radio here in the UK for years. Come to think about it, I've never heard a song from Chinese Democracy song played on the radio here in the UK, and we have the radio on all day at work. They do play songs from AFD and UYI.

The only time I have heard a Chinese Democracy song played on the radio was while on holiday in Bulgaria, and they played The Blues.

Only Catcher to me would really go over on mainstream radio to just about anyone. Every other song either is too heavy or has a caustic vocal. Maybe TIL or Sorry might be ok if they had a hit with Catcher or ITW.

isn't that from digital sales not radio play? It means that for a a couple of weeks Chindem and Better topped the rock chart. That's what a hit is these days it seems. I never saw a cd single to buy with 3 b sides. That would have been cool.

when CD first came out, local station here in Phoenix played Chinese Democracy in one of those 'which do you like better' contests. Can't remember who it was against. But, hands down the other band won and it turned into a bash Axl fest. Other than that, I have not heard anything played. I hear old Guns all the time, 5-6 times a day at least.

Been a long time sadly, but the only time I've heard a CD song on the radio here was... wow, I can't remember how long ago. I want to say around the time of CD's release though. It was none other than Chinese Democracy itself, oddly enough. Of course, they did the usual Axl/new band bashing too. I've yet to find anyone here though who thinks otherwise, whether on radio or just day to day bullshitting with people about music. And it never fails that I don't have access to some form of CD at that time to at least attempt to convince them otherwise lol