Who played the better Joker?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack. The 89 Batman was also way better than Nolan's Batman movies.

Wrong, but the 92 version was. :thumbsup:

? Did they release the movie 3 years late over there?

Batman_returns_poster2.jpg

;) Ann Hathaway can suck my ass, there's only one Catwoman and it ain't her! :)

Edited by Dazey

My bad, I got lost somewhere. :monkey: My one track mind has betrayed me again.

Take Pfeiffer out of the equation though, and what does Batman Returns have going for it (aside from the art design, obviously). Batman is a stronger film, IMO.

Take Pfeiffer out of the equation though, and what does Batman Returns have going for it (aside from the art design, obviously). Batman is a stronger film, IMO.

I just think it captured the whole gothic grandiose atmosphere even better than the original and the interaction between Michelle Pfeiffer was so much more satisfying than the Bruce Wayne/Vicky Vale dynamic in the original. :shrugs: I also thought Danny DeVito did a fantastic job as the Penguin cos as good as Jack was it's like Homan said, he was just playing Jack Nicholson. :shrugs: Also it had the "anything with Christopher Walken in is automatically 10% better than most other movies" factor going for it. :) It's one of the few films that I think managed to incorporate as many antagonists as it did without it looking forced. Take note Spiderman 3. ;)

Edited by Dazey

Jack Nicholson was Jack Nicholson in Batman. I think Ledger's performance is head and shoulders above everyone else's. And if you don't agree, please try and convince me.

When you put it that way, you're right. Same.

Trust is a really good song.

But the Batdance was ground breaking shit.

I love that album.

Is there a blu of Batman.

Yeah. I've been holding off though because I think they'll come out with a better quality blu ray version.

I don't think you're really going to get too much better quality out of those. I mean, you can get the Anthology for like $40 or something, which is a real good price.

Heath by a long stretch. Took the character to a far better level.

Cesar Romero was good for his period, but nothing to write home about tbh (lol @ the feeble cupcake of pointing this out - very hipster esq of the OP :rolleyes: ). Jack Nicholson put in a performance that was good, but he suffered from his joker coming across so strongly as 'jack nicholson as the joker', it was him being a bit out there in makeup, it could have been any of his previous characters (eg. Jack Torrance) in Joker makeup. Heath Ledger made the character SOMETHING, with some sort of manic essence to it, there was some substance there and it was different and fresh (no idea if this was all him, or the script/story defined it more than his craft did, but it was certainly the best joke we've had imo - in all formats, comic, film, cartoon, game etc).

Heath Ledger was scarey good in The Dark Night, he managed to be hilarious and disturbing at the same time, not exactly an easy thing to do, I don't think Jack came close and not even Mark Hamil (probably my personal favorite joker) could nail that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-DaKtOkz7s

Until TDK actors only played the Joker, Ledger brought him to life.