Who played the better Joker?

There is a right answer and it's not Heath Ledger.

It was Cesar Romero.

NOPE.

Mark Hammill.

Mark Hammil was amazing. He changed everything. Every joker after him was inspired by his take. Comes a very close second to Heath, IMO.

It was good to have him back one last time for the Arkham games. :thumbsup:

Never played any of those games. My brother has and says they're really good. Wanted to see how he pulled Joker off this time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a right answer and it's not Heath Ledger.

It was Cesar Romero.

NOPE.

Mark Hammill.

Mark Hammil was amazing. He changed everything. Every joker after him was inspired by his take. Comes a very close second to Heath, IMO.

It was good to have him back one last time for the Arkham games. :thumbsup:

Never played any of those games. My brother has and says they're really good. Wanted to see how he pulled Joker off this time.

The cutscenes from the game are probably all over youtube. Some BTS too:

Edited by moreblack

Batman (1989) is probably the most seminal movie of my childhood. I wore two VHS tapes out on that film. I'm obviously predisposed to say that Jack will always be the Joker to me, but what Heath did was brilliant in its own nuanced way.

I remember reading one film reviewer and they hit it on the head for me when they said the secret to Heath Ledger's performance was that he wasn't playing the Joker, he was playing the Devil.

Trust is a really good song.

"Trust" is modeled on one of Prince's best songs, "Baby I'm A Star", because Tim Burton demanded that the parade scene feature that song, or an original Prince song just like it.

Same thing goes for "Partyman." That scene featured "1999" in an early cut and Burton again wanted an original tune that evoked the same sound.

Probably why those two were really the only featured Prince songs in the movie, even when Warner Brothers had him write the whole soundtrack.