Nevermind The Bollocks

Guest Len B'stard

Guest Len B'stard

http://www.philjens.plus.com/pistols/pistols/pistols_news.html

Christ almighty, thats a lot of shit with it...fuckin gig DVDs though, from the fuckin' SPOTS tour and all that, i'm not usually a big one for this kinda shit, never bought none of it cept The Stoneses Exile thingie...Iggys Funhouse i would've bought the reissue-master thing if i could fuckin' find it anywhere, y'know the one with like, every shred of reel recorded for that album, downloaded it and heard it a million times.

But yeah, fuck all that:

CD1 - Never Mind The Bollocks Here’s The Sex Pistols: 2012 Re-mastered, from the thought lost original master tapes with process overseen by original producer Chris Thomas.

CD2 – 1977 Studio Rarities & B-Sides: Previously unreleased 1977 recordings including the legendary Belsen Was A Gas with John on vocals plus the original single b-sides, again all remastered from the original master tapes.

CD3 – 1977 Live: High quality live recordings from 1977, most of which are previously unreleased.

DVD – 1977: Live 1977 DVD produced by Julien Temple and featuring many previously unseen performances plus DVD extras of promo videos and radio interviews.

1977 Diary: Hardback 100 page 12” by 12” diary with quotes, rare and previously unseen photos, memorabilia and exclusive images.

7” Single: Replica of the withdrawn God Save The Queen A&M single.

Poster: 3FT by 4.5FT Never Mind The Bollocks replica promo poster.

Stickers: Reproductions of the original Never Mind The Bollocks promo stickers.

Lyrics: A copy of the original handwritten lyrics to God Save The Queen will also be included.

NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS HERE’S THE SEX PISTOLS

Super Deluxe Box Set Track List

CD1 – Never Mind The Bollocks Here’s The Sex Pistols*

1. Holidays In The Sun

2. Bodies

3. No Feelings

4. Liar

5. God Save The Queen

6. Problems

7. Seventeen

8. Anarchy In The UK

9. Submission

10. Pretty Vacant

11. New York

12. EMI

CD2 – 1977 Studio Rarities & B-Sides

The single b-sides remastered.

1. No Feeling

2. Did You No Wrong

3. No Fun

4. Satellite

Dave Goodman Jan 1977 demos recorded at Gooseberry Studios **

5. New York

6. EMI

7. Liar

8. Pretty Vacant

9. Problems

10. GSTQ

Chris Thomas Demo’s & Outtakes***

11. Did You Know Wrong (March 3rd 1977)

12. 17 (April 21st 1977)

13. Satellite (April 22nd 1977)

14. Submission (April 22nd 1977)

15. Holidays In The Sun (April 22nd 1977)

16. EMI (April 22nd 1977)

17. 17 (May 16th 1977)

18. Holidays In The Sun (June 11th 1977)

19. Bodies (June 11th 1977)

20. Submission (August 12th 1977)

21. Belsen Was A Gas (original demo) (19 September 1977)****

CD3 – 1977 Live

Ssamfundet Club, Trondheim, Norway - 21st July

1. Anarchy In The U.K.

2. I Wanna Be Me

3. 17

4. New York

5. EMI

6. No Fun

7. No Feelings

8. Problems

9. God Save The Queen

Happy House, Stockholm, Sweden - 28th July***

10. Anarchy In The UK

11. I Wanna Be Me

12. 17

13. New York

14. EMI

15. Submission

16. No Feelings

17. Problems

18. God Save The Queen

19. Pretty Vacant

20. No Fun

DVD – 1977

Riverboat Party, The River Thames, London - 7th July

1. Pretty Vacant

2. Anarchy In The UK

3. Problems

Happy House, Stockholm, Sweden - 28th July***

4. Anarchy In The UK

5. I Wanna Be Me

6. Seventeen

7. New York

8. Problems

9. No Fun

S.P.O.T.S. Tour - Winter Gardens, Penzance, Cornwall – 1st September***

10. Problems

11. No Fun

12. Anarchy In The UK

DVD EXTRA’S

1. God Save The Queen video

2. Pretty Vacant video

3. Holidays In The Sun video

4. The HeyDay Interviews. Interviews by Judy and Fred Vermorel recorded in August 1977 with:

a. Steve Jones

b. Paul Cook

c. John Lydon

d. Sid Vicious

e. Glen Matlock

5. BBC, Radio 1, Rock On, December 12th 1977 – John Tobler interview with John and Sid (previously unheard full uncensored version)

OTHER CONTENT

1977 (The Bollocks Diaries)

100 page full-colour hardback diary detailing every significant band event in this explosive year. Written by former Mojo editor Pat Gilbert, the book includes multiple quotes from key figures, previously unseen photos, recording details, memorabilia and much more.

+ replica A&M GSTQ/No Feeling 7” single.

+ 3FT by 4.5FT Never Mind The Bollocks Here’s The Sex Pistols replica promo poster.

+ copy of original handwritten lyrics to God Save The Queen.

+ Replica Never Mind The Bollocks Here’s The Sex Pistols promo stickers.

+ 4 postcards

Content Key/Bullet Points

* = remastered from the recently found original album master tapes by Tim Young under the guidance of original producer Chris Thomas.

** = these 6 demo’s would make up the legendary ‘Spunk’ album but are heard here for the very first time in their original, untouched form following the very recent discovery of the original master tapes.

*** = All tracks previously unreleased except Submission (track) which unlike in 2002 when it first appeared is now mastered from the original tapes.

**** = This is the legendary original demo featuring John Lydon on vocals and is taken from the recently recovered original master tapes.

Ooooh yes :D The greatest album of all time by the greatest band of all time, all laid out there on the table :)

Edited by sugaraylen

I wonder why Richard Branson couldn't be bothered with it, unless they found the master tapes in the past few years.

Oh yeah, Pretty Vacant was shown at the Olympics. No Russell Brand, either. NBC (owned by Universal, ironically enough) edited it out... JUST in the US. "This is what america missed, thanks NBC, toss" - Steve Jones, Twitter

• 1 month later...
Guest Len B'stard

Also, it says that new Holidays in the Sun video is unseen footage...no its not, i've seen that footage all over the gaff, Zint, that ain't no fuckin unseen footage, is it?

Awesome boxset. And the Sex Pistols kicked the living shit out of the Ramones. The Sex Pistols caused a fucking social upheaval. There were no riots because of the Ramones, no secret police following the Ramones.

And the most underrated quality of the sex pistols was their musicianship. All except Rotten and Sid Vicious (who barely even counts), by punk standards and certainly when pitted against the Ramones, were fairly talented at their instruments. I'm not trying to shit on the Ramones, but the two don't even compare. Ramones can strum fast and hit the hi-hat fast and wrote the same song over and over 300 more times than AC/DC ever did. Sex Pistols put out one killer and seriously important album and went out in a blaze of glory.

And the most underrated quality of the sex pistols was their musicianship. All except Rotten and Sid Vicious (who barely even counts), by punk standards and certainly when pitted against the Ramones, were fairly talented at their instruments.

that's the difference between punk rock bands like the sex pistols and people like throbbing gristle... the sex pistols still wanted to learn how to play their instruments whereas throbbing gristle said "we don't give a shit about how to play a guitar, let's make as much noise as possible and destroy everything".

i'm not defending throbbing gristle, or attacking the sex pistols. i don't like any of them.

Guest Len B'stard

Awesome boxset. And the Sex Pistols kicked the living shit out of the Ramones. The Sex Pistols caused a fucking social upheaval. There were no riots because of the Ramones, no secret police following the Ramones.

And the most underrated quality of the sex pistols was their musicianship. All except Rotten and Sid Vicious (who barely even counts), by punk standards and certainly when pitted against the Ramones, were fairly talented at their instruments. I'm not trying to shit on the Ramones, but the two don't even compare. Ramones can strum fast and hit the hi-hat fast and wrote the same song over and over 300 more times than AC/DC ever did. Sex Pistols put out one killer and seriously important album and went out in a blaze of glory.

Fuckin' spot on (although not so with you on The Ramones critique) but yeah, Pistols were serious fuckin' musicians man, that weren't no fuckin' slouch outfit. I think it was Bill Price who worked with em in the studio (and GnR later too if i'm not mistaken) said Steve Jones was the tightest guitarist he's ever worked with. And the power of the songs is in the pacing, it's loud and it's cranked up but it ain't fast at all, thats what makes it feel so fuckin' intense, the guitar work on that album is beautiful.

And Glen Matlock, Mr Beatle, his contribution should not be underestimated either, there's a reason why they only really made Holidays and Belsen after Glen left although i do think they had great potential even without him.

And Cookie was just perfect, strong, solid, forceful, steady, the perfect anchor for Steve and Glenn, never fuckin' faltered and no frills, exactly what that music required, it was a perfect marriage and John Lydon, well he's just from another planet, there is no fuckin' praise good enough there.

In my opinion NMTB is the greatest album ever to come out of rock n roll.

Edited by sugaraylen

The Pistols were like a poor man's Romones.

You don't listen to the Sex Pistols much do you? (Or the Ramones, since it's Ramones, not Romones)

I mean seriously, I haven't listened to either of them for very long (in fact, Lenny had me listening to the Ramones for the first time 2 days ago) and even I can tell you that they are quite different from one another. Yes, they both have a punk sound but the attitude is completely different. It's a no brainer really. :shrugs:

What a load of bollocks few posters write here The Ramones and The Pistols despite being Punk were completely different bands from each other different style, mindset, attitude etc one was the English Punk and the other American/New York Punk so comparing them is apples and oranges

Guest Len B'stard

http://www.sexpistolsofficial.com/holidays-in-the-sun-video/

Sex Pistols Holidays in the Sun gets official video after 35 years...

Fuck me, they sounded/looked amazing :)

Thanks for the heads up on that len.

Getting close to this set actually arriving..really stoked for this. :devilshades:

Is it new footage though? It ain't is it, i've seen that stuff all over..

In my opinion NMTB is the greatest album ever to come out of rock n roll.

I think any rational person coming up with a list of the 10 most important albums in the evolution of rock n roll, that one would have to be on it. Hell maybe even top 5.

http://www.sexpistolsofficial.com/holidays-in-the-sun-video/

Sex Pistols Holidays in the Sun gets official video after 35 years...

Fuck me, they sounded/looked amazing :)

Thanks for the heads up on that len.

Getting close to this set actually arriving..really stoked for this. :devilshades:

Is it new footage though? It ain't is it, i've seen that stuff all over..

Not sure len, but some of those clips I've never seen before.

I think any rational person coming up with a list of the 10 most important albums in the evolution of rock n roll, that one would have to be on it. Hell maybe even top 5.

Absolutely!

"Important" being the key word.