Nevermind The Bollocks

Guest Len B'stard

Guest Len B'stard

Not sure len, but some of those clips I've never seen before.

The footage is new by the way, i was wrong, my comments were made over a quick glance and i recognised shots from it from The Filth and the Fury but those were just bits of it edited in, this video, with the audio of it being on Holidays in the Sun, has never been shown :)

Just watched R&R Swindle with the commentary for the first time.

I actually haven't done that yet.

Any good?

Yes, but like most commentaries it kind of drags for a little bit, I didn't think there was much point to the bonus interview, but the discussion about what what the intent of the movie was, why they added the Sid Vicious obituary at the end, some of the things going on at the time they were making this, and how much they spent making it (ties into Lydon's lawsuit years later), is pretty interesting. There's mention of bands like Slade and T-Rex making movies at the time factoring into this being made.

Awesome boxset. And the Sex Pistols kicked the living shit out of the Ramones. The Sex Pistols caused a fucking social upheaval. There were no riots because of the Ramones, no secret police following the Ramones.

And the most underrated quality of the sex pistols was their musicianship. All except Rotten and Sid Vicious (who barely even counts), by punk standards and certainly when pitted against the Ramones, were fairly talented at their instruments. I'm not trying to shit on the Ramones, but the two don't even compare. Ramones can strum fast and hit the hi-hat fast and wrote the same song over and over 300 more times than AC/DC ever did. Sex Pistols put out one killer and seriously important album and went out in a blaze of glory.

Couldnt have said it better myself. The Ramones just lack that real fucking punk snarl that you totally get with the Pistols and even like the Stooges. The Ramones also put out way too much shit. Should have called it a day when the second lineup fell apart.

I was really itching to get this pack today.

Awesome boxset. And the Sex Pistols kicked the living shit out of the Ramones. The Sex Pistols caused a fucking social upheaval. There were no riots because of the Ramones, no secret police following the Ramones.

And the most underrated quality of the sex pistols was their musicianship. All except Rotten and Sid Vicious (who barely even counts), by punk standards and certainly when pitted against the Ramones, were fairly talented at their instruments. I'm not trying to shit on the Ramones, but the two don't even compare. Ramones can strum fast and hit the hi-hat fast and wrote the same song over and over 300 more times than AC/DC ever did. Sex Pistols put out one killer and seriously important album and went out in a blaze of glory.

Couldnt have said it better myself. The Ramones just lack that real fucking punk snarl that you totally get with the Pistols and even like the Stooges. The Ramones also put out way too much shit. Should have called it a day when the second lineup fell apart.

The problem with The Ramones, they kind of got themselves stuck in club band limbo for 15 years.

• 1 month later...

My box set just arrived today.

Price drop to $110.00

The book alone is worth it.

The dvd (went on first),,cool stuff. LOVED the SPOTS tour footage.

Cool radio interviews.

The remaster is quite good, time to throw that old shit cd transfer version away.

(still prefer the original vinyl though).

The 45 vinyl was a nice touch!

Zint is very happy right now! :devilshades: