Do you think anybody has ever tried telling Axl that almost nobody cares about who is in NEW GNR other than him?

Randy Lahey

Do you think anybody has ever tried telling Axl that almost nobody cares about who is in NEW GNR other than him?

Hollllllld on just a fuckin minute there chief!

Riddle me this, if "almost nobody cares about who is in NEW GNR," then why are there so many posters on this forum who bitch about Bucket and Finck being gone?

Only forum people care.

I used to post on Steve Vai's forums (vai.com) back in the early 2000s, and just so you know, there was a lot of discussion about Buckethead, which, if you'll remember was around the time of his tenure in Guns n Roses. Yes indeed there were threads aplenty discussing, debating, analyzing, comparing his technique and style, etc. I am not bullshitting you. While you could conveniently say "yes but popcorn they're forum people too [*rimshot*]", the truth is most of them were guitarists- a distinct segment from the so-called forum people.

Anyway, that might not be the way you meant it, but Buckethead definitely did elicit people "caring," depending on your point of view.

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

Riddle me this, if "almost nobody cares about who is in NEW GNR," then why are there so many posters on this forum who bitch about Bucket and Finck being gone?

Only forum people care.

I used to post on Steve Vai's forums (vai.com) back in the early 2000s, and just so you know, there was a lot of discussion about Buckethead, which, if you'll remember was around the time of his tenure in Guns n Roses. Yes indeed there were threads aplenty discussing, debating, analyzing, comparing his technique and style, etc. I am not bullshitting you. While you could conveniently say "yes but popcorn they're forum people too [*rimshot*]", the truth is most of them were guitarists- a distinct segment from the so-called forum people.

Anyway, that might not be the way you meant it, but Buckethead definitely did elicit people "caring," depending on your point of view.

Buckethead was amazing and Axl had the chance to take New GNR in a successful new direction with him, but that time has long since passed, unfortunately.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Only forum people care.

Buckethead was amazing and Axl had the chance to take New GNR in a successful new direction with him, but that time has long since passed, unfortunately.

Be that as it may, I also don't discount the theory that: from a certain point of view, Buckethead's intention was always to use GnR has a stepping stone for his career. I'm not saying that's a horribly reprehensible thing, but I just want to be clear I think Bucket was looking for any excuse to bail and Axl obliged him. But that is for another thread.

While I do begrudgingly acknowledge that not many people are "hardcore" Guns fans these days, I still think that, of the new Guns fan base (not just forum people), some folks do indeed emotionally invest in the players. If you would like to know who I care about- I will be honest I prefer Brain's style over Frank's. However I have the feeling Frank may be hindered by post-processing effects added to his drum output and the click tracks he is instructed to play with. But I like Brain's snare drum... it was the perfect evolution of Popcorn's snare drum. But anyway, my snare drum obsession aside, I think that there are more than just "forum people" who care who is in the band. Hell I can dig some Buckethead, fuck yeah. But I'm a forum person, aren't I? You got me there.

Nonetheless, Chinese Democracy didn't sell 3-to-5 million on just the band name alone: most people knew what was up. I was going to go somewhere with that but I forgot... ... carry on.

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

Why do I still come to these forums anymore? I don't know, maybe because that last shred of hope hasn't faded.

With all respect to the current members of GnR, I want to hear CD2/3 with Bucket and Robin's parts mostly still intact. I'd say that's prob never going to happen. I fear we'll get new renditions of those songs with DJ, Ron and others replacing those parts. It might still be a good experience, but for me CD isn't over yet. And Robin/Bucket were CD.

CD2 and CD3 should have been put out, and then a new chapter with current members could get on with things.

Reality is we may never hear this stuff until the rights to these songs change hands, and sadly that might not happen until Axl departs this world. By then whose going to care. I mean who really cared when Smile was finally released by The Beach Boys. Too much time had passed.

People seem to care about Dj outside of forum. I didn't really know who he was but from the first show people were going crazy for him.

But it's like two different things. Ron fans follow Ron in GNR. But I'm not sure if they care about GNR. But people discover Bucket or Ron through GNR. But again do they really care about Ron or Buck in GNR that much.

The line up changes have kept it fresh and interesting to follow the band. There's always a new challenge.

i agree he should not try to replace something that was better with lesser stuff just because people who were part of that are not in the band now. With all do respect to the other guys i dont think anyone is going to do better than Bucket and Brain, but also this older CD era material has a mythical-ness to it, we want it as it was. Id even like to hear versions of songs before the Bucket era.

Edited by amacfantasy

from a metal website:

" just saw them in concert, and my God, where the hell did Axl find these guys? they are some of the most talented musicians I've ever seen, they played for 3 fucking hours, the longest single concert i've ever seen and even at the very end still had the energy to run around and nail that awesome ending of Paradise City. I have never seen a band play that much with few if any fuckups, and apparently this was a typical show for this tour (only difference is that on some other festivals they were a bit more time-constrained, which did not happen here fortunately).

I still think the real GnR is with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler, in addition to Axl and Reed, but this version of Guns kicks serious ass. to the people who don't give them a chance in concert, "I'm sorry for you, not sorry for me".

from a metal website:

" just saw them in concert, and my God, where the hell did Axl find these guys? they are some of the most talented musicians I've ever seen, they played for 3 fucking hours, the longest single concert i've ever seen and even at the very end still had the energy to run around and nail that awesome ending of Paradise City. I have never seen a band play that much with few if any fuckups, and apparently this was a typical show for this tour (only difference is that on some other festivals they were a bit more time-constrained, which did not happen here fortunately).

I still think the real GnR is with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler, in addition to Axl and Reed, but this version of Guns kicks serious ass. to the people who don't give them a chance in concert, "I'm sorry for you, not sorry for me".

wow. 3 hour concert. longest ever seen. guns n roses isn't the only rock band who's done 3 hour concerts.