I had an adventure at work today.

TeeJay410

I work in an old one screen movie theater in a small town. The building has been here since 1921. Above the main lobby is an old apartment that hasn't been used for years, the only access is climbing up into a hole that is on the back wall of the projection booth. It is quite creepy, horror movie creepy.

Every now and again the marquee leaks, and the only way to fix it is to climb into the apartment, stick a broom out the window, and clear out gunk from around the drain on top of it. I had never been into the apartments before, so I decided while I was up there I'd explore.

The place is a snapshot of a 1940's-50's apartment. The classic oven, refrigerator, the works. There's no furniture. It looks like someone had begun to renovate the place, but had given up. One wall had been torn down and the concrete debris lay everywhere. I stop over the debris to venture into what was the only bedroom. This room is the only completely cleaned room, no furniture, no debris, anything. There is some graffiti on the wall, strange symbols and the word "masterbate". Figures. Regardless I venture further into the room and there are two doors. I decide to be brave because what's the worst that can happen? I end up in Narnia. I open one door, and boring. Just a closet. However it was stranger that the ceiling of the closet was much higher than the room. Then I open the next door.

It turned to be a perfectly clean bathroom. However it still was a 1940's style bathroom, black and while tile, metal everything. When the bathroom door is open light from the window in the bedroom shines in it in a most disconcerting way. However I pick up my balls of steel and venture further into the bathroom. I look at the toilet, there's no water in it, look at the shower, nothing in there. I fidget with faucets, hoping there'd at least be some nasty sludge left in the pipes. Now admittedly I'm on edge the entire time, and why it didn't occur to me that there'd be a mirror above the sink I don't know, but I looked up and flipped shit at my reflection. After peeling myself off the wall I jumped back into, I became curious to check what was in the medicine cabinet. I count down to calm myself.

I rapidly open the door and what do I see? A family of motherfucking centipedes come out and crawl everywhere in the bathroom. There's a hole in the mirror and another room on the other side. At this point there's a centipede on me and my terrible fear of bugs is making it difficult to keep my trousers unsoiled, so I had no further interest in exploring. I ran downstairs and told everyone what happened and they looked at me like I was an idiot. Apparently everyone knew about all that already.

And I forgot to unclog the drain. I had to go back up there. :scared:

Edited by TeeJay410

lol

Kind of related; at the end of my street is the old campus for the Michigan School for the Blind, apparently Stevie Wonder learned classical piano there in its heyday. Anyway all of the buildings have been abandoned for about 6 years, but the place was build in like the mid 1800's. Me and my friends explore it and scare the shit out of each other every once in a while, good fun.

That's freaking awesome. I've only had two similar experiences. One was being 11 and exploring this old warehouse that had been abandoned for the past 100 years (a few years later they installed yuppie apartments, boutique, and antique shops in it since it is on the river. They used to unload the ships into it and load stuff right onto the railroad on the other side). The other was going in the back half of my middle school, which was the first public school ever built in North Carolina. It had been abandoned and there were holes in the floor, but the desks were still arranged where the floor hadn't collapsed and lessons still on the chalkboards :scared: Very creepy.

That's freaking awesome. I've only had two similar experiences. One was being 11 and exploring this old warehouse that had been abandoned for the past 100 years (a few years later they installed yuppie apartments, boutique, and antique shops in it since it is on the river. They used to unload the ships into it and load stuff right onto the railroad on the other side). The other was going in the back half of my middle school, which was the first public school ever built in North Carolina. It had been abandoned and there were holes in the floor, but the desks were still arranged where the floor hadn't collapsed and lessons still on the chalkboards :scared: Very creepy.

Where in NC is that? Seems worth checking out haha

Wilmington. The school is still being used, just not the back half of it. Like 20 years ago the public school system sold it to the Catholic Church across the street, which is where I went to school and why I was educated in part in that building. I would definitely advise against a Breaking and Entering for the sake of adventure :lol: Back in the day, eventual President of the United States Woodrow Wilson went to school there.