Do people only listen to NIN because Axl liked them?

arnold layne

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't even know axl was a big fan.

NIN was pretty huge back in the day, not like they were always some kind of cult band. they had some hits. but trent has drifted off doing movie soundtracks and stuff and industrial isn't really as popular as it used to be, so i think his fanbase is more of a cult following now.

i really like them, but i have to be in the mood. listen to them a lot at the gym, etc. i was addicted to year zero when it came out - still think it's their (his) best record.

Axl is the reason I started listening to NIN, but it's not what you think.

When I was watching a GN'R video, one of the recommended videos was NIN's Hurt. I was bored, so I gave it a spin and it made me cry, so I bought The Downward Spiral. I totally didn't know what I was getting myself into and it was one of the strangest albums I'd ever heard. I hated everything on it except Hurt. But I liked the concept and wanted to know the storyline, so I started listening to it more (especially when I was in a bad mood), and one night, everything just clicked. It's one of my favorite albums, behind only Skunkworks. Then I bought The Fragile and Pretty Hate Machine and everything just took off.

I think NIN can be major shellshock for people. Industrial in general, actually. You have to develop a taste for it. You gotta let it grow on you.

Yes. I genuinely believe they haven't written a single good song. :unsure:

Are you going to give a legitimate reason for saying this?

Yes of course. I think they they're a bad band.

Epic trolling bro. You sure got me good.

I'm not trolling you cockgobbler. It's called having an opinion, something you are apparently against!

I know. And I wanted to know, specifically, what you didn't like about NIN. To which your response was "CUZ THEYRE BAD". Nice opinion.

:shrugs:

NIN should have opened for GNR after "Broken" was out, it would've gone over better. It wasn't the weirdest opening act, I think Sisters of Mercy opening for Public Enemy won that one. I'm sure Axl wearing the "Sin"T-shirts at the concerts got people curious, but any shirt he wears gets people curious.

I mean, this is what opened for GNR, guys...

/\ everyone in that room needs a punch.

the band, the audience, the tv host, everyone.

nice haircut trent. no wonder gnr fans threw bottles of piss at you. LOL

It was a low budget "American Bandstand" they shot in New Jersey. Their bastard children are "Jersey Shore".

I didn't like NIN for many years, but all of a sudden about 6 months ago I heard them in a different way. I think earlier their music had no relevance to my life up to that point. Something I Can Never Have is one of the most amazing, emotional songs I have EVER heard.

Maybe Arnold, you just need to get out a bit more and experience life and then you will understand them. :D

I started listening to NIN because Axl likes them/him. Started with The Downward Spiral since some members on here suggested it. I didn't like it that much at first, but after a few listens I started liking it a lot. Trent is a good songwriter. His lyrics hit hard and he never holds back. I feel like he truly expresses himself in his music.

Axl also got me into N.W.A. :D