Anyone here play WoW?

Dan H.

How is WoW worse than Call of Duty or any video game?

The notion that it is for lifeless losers exclusively is kindof ridiculous. It's not so bad if you play casually and aren't prone to being a video game addict.

Edited by NormalGuns

Because WoW is designed to keep you to keep you compulsively playing whether you're enjoying it our not. It's a constant grind. A virtual Skinner box demanding you constantly push that lever to get your virtual pellet. People continuously play Call of Duty games because they like to win. It's competitive. In playing the game they develop a skill - a somewhat pointless one, but a skill nonetheless. People don't play long after mastering that skill because the competitive element is gone.

In WoW you are performing random pointless tasks over and over again. It's nothing more than a very pretty virtual treadmill.

Edited by Nobodys_Fault

Because WoW is designed to keep you to keep you compulsively playing whether you're enjoying it our not. It's a constant grind. A virtual Skinner box demanding you constantly push that lever to get your virtual pellet. People continuously play Call of Duty games because they like to win. It's competitive. In playing the game they develop a skill - a somewhat pointless one, but a skill nonetheless. People don't play long after mastering that skill because the competitive element is gone.

In WoW you are performing random pointless tasks over and over again. It's nothing more than a very pretty virtual treadmill.

That's why there's pvp or raiding. You don't have to grind for materials.

Playing any video game that much is fucking stupid. I think just as low of the douchebags that ignore fucking their girlfriend or leaving the house for Call of Duty as I do people that play WoW. But WoW just has a higher percentage of people that are the fat losers chugging Red Bull that South Park made them out to be.

Playing any video game that much is fucking stupid. I think just as low of the douchebags that ignore fucking their girlfriend or leaving the house for Call of Duty as I do people that play WoW. But WoW just has a higher percentage of people that are the fat losers chugging Red Bull that South Park made them out to be.

No, WoW doesn't.

South Park just picked WoW because of the stereotypes. It's laughable that you are using South Park as an excuse for your views on a video game that is no more unhealthy than any others.

That's why there's pvp or raiding. You don't have to grind for materials.

Yeah but WoW has the gear grind, doing the same BGs and Heroics/ Raids to get better tiers of gear so you can then tackle harder content and repeat the process.

No, WoW doesn't.

South Park just picked WoW because of the stereotypes. It's laughable that you are using South Park as an excuse for your views on a video game that is no more unhealthy than any others.

I'm not using South Park as an excuse for anything. I've seen many Warcraft addicts and they act the same as Everquest addicts (if you remember that). League of Legends, Warcraft, Everquest, any game where you sit in a chair for 20 hours straight.

A few of my friends did (and do) and persuaded me to get the trial a couple years ago. Played it for two days and got bored as hell. I've never been a fan of MMORPGs.

Gotta do the pvp thing man. The normal grind is pretty boring but the pvp is always something different.

And you also develop the same useless skills that you do in CoD.

No you don't... hand-eye coordination, reflex time, real time decision making. I'm not championing CoD as a fantastic way to spend your time (I don't even play it) but compared to WoW it's an olympic fucking sport. Because WoW has no end game you're not even advancing a narrative as you would in a traditional RPG. You're performing menial labour to watch an animation you've seen umpteen times just so you can watch it again wearing different "gear."

Yeah but WoW has the gear grind, doing the same BGs and Heroics/ Raids to get better tiers of gear so you can then tackle harder content and repeat the process.

Exactly. The game manipulates and exploits its players in order to get that next month's subscription fee. "Raid's" are just another technique employed by the developer to eliminate stopping points. Once you're in one it's difficult to get out without losing progress so the player continues whether it's fun or not.