The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

Media event is currently live:

BOND 24: SPECTRE!!!

All of the rumored locations confirmed.

New Aston Martin DB10 unveiled - designed by Aston Martin in association with EON.

Cast:

Daniel Craig - 007

Rory Kinnear - Bill Tanner

Ben Whishaw - Q

Naomi Harris - Monnypenny

Ralph Fiennes - M

Andrew Scott - Denbeigh

Dave Bautista - Mr. Hinx

Monica Bellucci - Lucia Sciarra

Lea Seydoux - Madeleine Swann

Christoph Waltz - unannounced role

Most importantly, Christoph Waltz is the only one whose character's name wasn't announced and no one else was announced as Blofeld.

• Like 1

He has to be Blofeld. Surely?

Official synopsis,

“A cryptic message from Bond’s past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.”

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/galleries/spectre-poster-and-synopsis-revealed-for-new-bond-film

Apparently hes not blofeld wtf. I hope they dont pull any into darkness shit, just tell us who blofeld is. Hell obviously be in the film

They didn't announce anything about his character - to me, that's a pretty good sign that he's Blofeld.

He has to be Blofeld. Surely?

Official synopsis,

“A cryptic message from Bond’s past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.”

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/galleries/spectre-poster-and-synopsis-revealed-for-new-bond-film

Cool, sounds like Finnes will have a bigger role as M than others in the past.

I'm willing to bet he'll be unveiled as Blofeld. With Skyfall we only knew of Moneypenny as "Eve" all throughout the production and whenever the rumors were addressed they were denied. I have a feeling that this will be very much the same.

What a great title though. So obvious, so simple and yet - so Bond. I love the one word titles and it feels all the more appropriate because this is the 50th Anniversary of Thunderball.

Also, I'm glad they let Daniel have a decent hair length again. The shorter length in Skyfall made him look older.

23BC083C00000578-0-image-m-96_1417692429

I'm also happy to see Thomas Newman return. I figured as much, but the confirmation is nice. I loved his Skyfall score so I expect he'll only improve.

Otherwise, I'm just happy to see most of the rumors we already knew confirmed and I'm pumped to see Craig's Bond in the snow.

I thought I was pretty damn excited for Skyfall but EON might have just surpassed themselves. I took a much needed break from all things Bond related after some serious burnout a couple of years ago but now this has me going all over again.

Apparently we'll also see the return of Mr. White. At this point it seems like a lot of the predictions have been true and that Skyfall truly was Craig's Goldfinger - the unrelated middle film to an ongoing plot.

• Like 1

I would love Mr. White to be in this. The Quantom story arc still deserves closure, and holy shit if they could tie it in with SPECTRE and Blofeld I would be thrilled

What if Quantom is SPECTRE?

WHAT IF MR. WHITE IS BLOFELD?!

What if QUANTUM and SPECTRE are rival organisations who go to war with each other with Bond caught in the middle?