The James Bond Thread: RIP Robbie Coltrane

James Bond

Blofeld is like the Moriarty and Joker of the Bond series.

Ahh, but Moriarty was only in two of Doyle's stories. He would have only been in the one, the one in which Holmes dies, if Conan Doyle had gotten his wish and Holmes had stayed dead.

Holmes was pretty much one of the inspirations for Bond, wasn't he?

Reddit is so funny. The /r/movies subreddit are all trash talking this because it's by largely the same cast/crew as Skyfall, so it's gonna be awful, overblown shit. Then you go to the /r/JamesBond subreddit and everyone is acting like they need medical attention to control their erections.

I'm definitely siding with the /r/JamesBond people.

I knew it was a loose analogy but do not underestimate the stupidity of filmmakers.

I know...killing off Blofeld in one movie would be dumb. One of the great things about him was the way he'd just slip away at the end.

I'd be fine with Bond killing the henchman and Blofelds second in command (Mr White?) and Blofeld escaping.

Was this discussed in the thread a while back? I knew why NSNA was made but I didn't know they were doing a waiting game.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/dec/04/007-back-to-the-future-as-new-bond-movie-spectre-channels-60s

Eon only regained the rights to use Spectre and Blofeld in 007 movies last year after resolving a long-running legal dispute

I would love Mr. White to be in this. The Quantom story arc still deserves closure, and holy shit if they could tie it in with SPECTRE and Blofeld I would be thrilled

What if Quantom is SPECTRE?

WHAT IF MR. WHITE IS BLOFELD?!

What if QUANTUM and SPECTRE are rival organisations who go to war with each other with Bond caught in the middle?

You guys are getting me all excited! I'm just happy that the whole Mr. White thing will finally get some closure.

I edited the thread title since it was getting a tad long. It was time - sorry P5. ;)

:max:

I really hope Mr. White returns.

Alright, alright. I refined my original post a bit. You'll approve. ;)

Also Jesper Christensen confirmed that he will indeed be reprising his role as Mr. White.

• Like 1

I knew this was going to come up -

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/things-you-need-to-know-about-monica-bellucci-the-oldest-james-bond-girl-cast-in-spectre-at-50/story-e6frfmvr-1227146334591

AT 50 years of age, Monica Bellucci’s name has been trending on Google for hours after she broke the record as the oldest Bond girl to be cast in the next 007 film — and this is what you need to know.
1. Bellucci is an Italian actress who has now become the oldest Bond girl in the next 007 film titled Spectre, after the title was previously held by Honor Blackman, 39, who starred in Goldfinger.
2. The actress and model had previously auditioned for a Bond girl role before. Pierce Brosnan told Playboy Magazine that she screen tested for the role in 1997 that eventually went to Teri Hatcher in Tomorrow Never Dies. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
3. When asked what she really thought of the James Bond character, Bellucci has said: “James Bond is our fantasy — the ideal man. The man is a protector, he is dangerous, mysterious and sexy, and a perfect English gentleman.”
4. She is single now, after getting a divorce from her former actor husband Vincent Cassel (who would have been a good Bond villain). She told Vanity Fair Italia that her relationship with him continues, after they were together for 18 years. “He made me grow up, he put me in front of a mirror and he made me see more things about myself,” she said.
5. Bellucci and Cassel have two daughters, Deva, who was born when she was 39, and Leonie when she was 45. The star famously posed nude on the cover of Vanity Fair when she was pregnant in 2004.

7. She has a healthy Hollywood show reel with roles in films including The Matrix, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Shoot ‘Em Up, Tears of the Sun and she was also known for her role as Mary Magdalene in the award-winning The Passion of the Christ. She also starred alongside Cassel, her former husband in foreign films such as The Apartment and Irreversible. She has also been a Cannes Film Festival judge.