James Bond Thread - No Time To Release (October 2021)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Alicia Vikander was announced as Lara Croft in the upcoming reboot, the best comment I saw on Facebook was "Idris Elba should be the next Lara Croft." While clearly in jest, that about sums

The day we get a female Bond is the day I stop seeing Bond films. It's not a sexism thing, it's just that it would change the entire character. I mean, you couldn't even keep the name James Bond, FFS.

Eveyones drunk, SPECTRE was a great Bond movie

Posted Images

Me too. It's interesting to me that they almost rebooted with Dalton (no wonder they call him the original Craig) and set it in 1972.

Parts of the other 2 possible movies got merged into Brosnan films, mostly Tomorrow Never Dies, apparently. 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I don't mind the serialized storytelling from the Daniel Craig movies. However, I hope that they will return to stand alone episodes with the next Bond. 

Just my two cents. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I do like Daniel Craig as Bond, but i heard that actor Luke Evans might be up for the Bond role after Craig leaves. That would be interesting. He certainly is handsome, but can he fill Bond's shoes?

Fans have asked the question since the 1960s. They will keep him around for a couple of movies if he is good or hire a new actor if he fails to deliver a good performance. 

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I do like Daniel Craig as Bond, but i heard that actor Luke Evans might be up for the Bond role after Craig leaves. That would be interesting. He certainly is handsome, but can he fill Bond's shoes?

Evans did theater and can convey emotion pretty good. For a movie like Bond you need a certain charm and stoic poser deep badass. It's not the scale of the the premise that is the problem is playing the character with the right James Bond flavor. Remains to be seen. A lot of good Bond movies were possible thanks to Daniel Craig. Many scenes where he totally nailed it.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Evans did theater and can convey emotion pretty good. For a movie like Bond you need a certain charm and stoic poser deep badass. It's not the scale of the the premise that is the problem is playing the character with the right James Bond flavor. Remains to be seen. A lot of good Bond movies were possible thanks to Daniel Craig. Many scenes where he totally nailed it.

Luke Evans will be at least 45 when a movie with him would be due. I say he's too old.

43 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Luke Evans will be at least 45 when a movie with him would be due. I say he's too old.

it's not ideal for a James Bond movie, I agree. He can still pull it off, I'll reserve judgment. Tom Cruise still accomplishing the impossible while being 60 so I think that the american film industry has no problem casting older men in this day and age. Not sure how much it could make a difference for me as long as the movie is good and I believe the performance and accept Evans as the new Bond as a viewer. Can't know until it's released.

Edited by Rovim