I want to be SPOOKED out of my mind

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Gilly you should watch "M". It's a German film about a child murderer with Peter Lorre and it's fucking great!

Also knowing you I think you might like the TV adaptations of Steven King's IT and Salem's Lot. Watch the version of Salem's Lot from the 70's with David Soul in though. There's scene in that that fucking terrified me as a little kid. :) Pet Cemetary was a good creeper too. :)

Which part of Salem's Lot terrified you? There were a few parts that creeped me out. Yes IT was scary, any film with clowns in it is scary. What about Funhouse from he 80s, too cheesy now?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thanks for all the suggestions. I have a lot to get through.

I started watching The Fourth Kind all alone in bed last night and I had to turn it off mid way through.:scared: I will resume the rest of it asap though. That kind of thing freaks me out. It really depends on your inner fears. A friend of mine can't watch a zombie film without getting freaked out where as that doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's all relative I suppose.

The Fourth Kind was surprisingly decent. Thought it was gonna suck but I was a little creeped out by the end.

Almost all my suggestions have already been mentioned, but here goes:

[REC] & [REC] 2 - These are top of the heat. First one is the scariest movie I've seen in recent years, and the second one has some creepy/disturbing moments despite being more of an action movie. You have to check these out.

The Strangers - Very creepy in a more personal and subtle way. Theres shots in this movie where something will be going on in the background but you won't notice it until its in plain sight, and then its absolutely terrifying.

Alien - It's a classic, but a very worthy watch if you haven't seen it. Theres something inherently creepy about a ship's crew getting picked off one-by-one by an organism that is for all intents and purposes, undefeatable.

House Of 1,000 Corpses - Its campy at times, but is still creepy at times. Captain Spaulding, Dr. Satan, and Tiny are some of the most unnerving characters in recent horror cinema IMO.

The Wicker Man (1973) - A cult classic. Not a very scary movie all the way through, but the last 15 minutes more than make up for it - absolutely disturbing ending.

Cannibal Holocaust - This is the most terrifying movie I've ever seen, and it is without a doubt the most disturbing too. I enjoy watching it, but its incredibly fucked up. 6 animals were actually killed just for the sake of this movie (As well as a 7th on a take that they wanted to redo); a possum, a tortoise, a spider, a snake, a monkey, and a pig. All are explicitly shown, and extremely graphic. The special effects in the movie are quite stunning as well, and again, quite disturbing. There are several rapes, extreme cruelty towards natives, a forced abortion, a woman who was impaled through her vagina with the spear coming out her mouth, a man has his penis cut off, a woman is raped while being skinned by cannibals; this movie has it all. This is a movie that once you've seen it, you can't un-see.

Wow thanks for all the suggestions. I have a lot to get through.

I started watching The Fourth Kind all alone in bed last night and I had to turn it off mid way through.:scared: I will resume the rest of it asap though. That kind of thing freaks me out. It really depends on your inner fears. A friend of mine can't watch a zombie film without getting freaked out where as that doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's all relative I suppose.

The Fourth Kind was surprisingly decent. Thought it was gonna suck but I was a little creeped out by the end.

Almost all my suggestions have already been mentioned, but here goes:

[REC] & [REC] 2 - These are top of the heat. First one is the scariest movie I've seen in recent years, and the second one has some creepy/disturbing moments despite being more of an action movie. You have to check these out.

The Strangers - Very creepy in a more personal and subtle way. Theres shots in this movie where something will be going on in the background but you won't notice it until its in plain sight, and then its absolutely terrifying.

Alien - It's a classic, but a very worthy watch if you haven't seen it. Theres something inherently creepy about a ship's crew getting picked off one-by-one by an organism that is for all intents and purposes, undefeatable.

House Of 1,000 Corpses - Its campy at times, but is still creepy at times. Captain Spaulding, Dr. Satan, and Tiny are some of the most unnerving characters in recent horror cinema IMO.

The Wicker Man (1973) - A cult classic. Not a very scary movie all the way through, but the last 15 minutes more than make up for it - absolutely disturbing ending.

Cannibal Holocaust - This is the most terrifying movie I've ever seen, and it is without a doubt the most disturbing too. I enjoy watching it, but its incredibly fucked up. 6 animals were actually killed just for the sake of this movie (As well as a 7th on a take that they wanted to redo); a possum, a tortoise, a spider, a snake, a monkey, and a pig. All are explicitly shown, and extremely graphic. The special effects in the movie are quite stunning as well, and again, quite disturbing. There are several rapes, extreme cruelty towards natives, a forced abortion, a woman who was impaled through her vagina with the spear coming out her mouth, a man has his penis cut off, a woman is raped while being skinned by cannibals; this movie has it all. This is a movie that once you've seen it, you can't un-see.

The maker of the film made the actors sign a contract that they couldn't appear in another movie for 12 months, he then was taken to court as they thought he had actually allowed rape & murder to take place on the set and when they couldn't find the actors it proved they were right. Finally the actors were traced to prove him innocent, as they weren't able to act for a year they had taken off & were difficult to find. Too disturbing for me.

Gilly you should watch "M". It's a German film about a child murderer with Peter Lorre and it's fucking great!

Also knowing you I think you might like the TV adaptations of Steven King's IT and Salem's Lot. Watch the version of Salem's Lot from the 70's with David Soul in though. There's scene in that that fucking terrified me as a little kid. :) Pet Cemetary was a good creeper too. :)

Which part of Salem's Lot terrified you? There were a few parts that creeped me out. Yes IT was scary, any film with clowns in it is scary. What about Funhouse from he 80s, too cheesy now?

It was the bit where the little boy floats out of the mist and starts rapping on the patio doors to beckon his friend. Don't know so much now but I was nine when I first saw it and we lived in a bungalow where I had doors just like that in my room and our house backed onto some fields and woods at the back. I couldn't sleep for weeks. :lol:

Also it's cos anything with kids in automatically creeps me out. It's like if it's an adult doing horrible things you can rationalise it y' know? Was it their upbringing or they've simply been made that way through things that have happened to them? For a kid to be like that it means they have to be just, like, evil in a primal sense and I find the concept of somebody being born inherently evil to be very unsettling. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

The Strangers.

Oh yes, I hate any movie where there is constant loud knocking at the door. Even worse if they open the door & there's nobody there but not sure if that was the case with this movie. Very creepy.

It was the bit where the little boy floats out of the mist and starts rapping on the patio doors to beckon his friend. Don't know so much now but I was nine when I first saw it and we lived in a bungalow where I had doors just like that in my room and our house backed onto some fields and woods at the back. I couldn't sleep for weeks. :lol:

Also it's cos anything with kids in automatically creeps me out. It's like if it's an adult doing horrible things you can rationalise it y' know? Was it their upbringing or they've simply been made that way through things that have happened to them? For a kid to be like that it means they have to be just, like, evil in a primal sense and I find the concept of somebody being born inherently evil to be very unsettling. :shrugs:

For me at the time it was the vampire in the rocking chair with white eyes, still stays with me.

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is worth a look too. :)

CRACKIN' fuckin' film! "Otiiiiisss, thats your sister!" *shrieks and runs* Remember getting that on pirate from Bovvy Market. You should watch Salo: 120 Days of Sodom Dazey, i guarantee you you will not leave viewing that movie the same man :lol:

Watched Salo a few years ago and yeah it was pretty fucked up but then what do you expect from a world famous pervert who wrote it in a nuthouse on a sheet of bog roll? :lol: Men Behind the Sun is a pretty fucked up watch too. Set in a japanese prisoner of war camp where they carry out loads of medical experiments on the POWs. :nervous:

It appears we have something else in common, a propensity for fucked up movies. I went through all the classic 70s ones like I Spit On Your Grave and Cannibal Holocaust, Clockwork Orange only for them to release them on DVD proper 10 years later, the fucking cunts!

i spit on your grave and clockwork orange are awesome movies

Guest Len B'stard

I think De Sade was a fucking genius, i really do. Mental and a proper sick fucker...but a genius also. I mean, he kinda sussed the importance of sexuality as like...a guiding thingie in our psyches, isnt that pretty much what Freud was lauded for years later?

I think he understood more than the world around him understood. And i love people like that, the paradox of it all, the way we work in society we kind of like...there's nothing more unsettling to modern society than a nonce thats got a point, you know what i mean? :lol: You can't really let someone like him live out in the world and live free, going around imprisoning girls for 2 days and doing freaky sexual shit to them and fuckin', y'know, every housemaid he ever had done a bunk, claiming sexual mistreatment, you can't let a fucker like that walk the streets...but then to burn his works and try to neutralise his genius is also a crime. The overriding notion that nothing good or elevated can come from a truly sick fucker in the way De Sade was is actually a load of bollocks.

He was a pervert and a sicko BUT his genius and his contribution to human history is intrinsically tied to his perversions and sickness, a difficult man to truly admire but i don't think he genius can really be denied, except by the squeamish and *stands up* by God, I am not of those :lol:

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

You're right, we shall all rap-post like you :rofl-lol:

But Johnny dont!!! Oh Johnny, please no! But Johnny NO! I said NO! Please dont! Johnny, please stop, you are hurting me! You brought a lot of drama there yo! I mean I could never top this, even with my name is! LOL Johnny from the Candyshop,listen, stop trying to bootie freestyle my 33 by hitting the disco forum floor with your rocking shakin bootie giving me beats and shit out of the blue, ok? & Fuck your booty drama, Johnny from the world of net trauma (Apologies to any 2Pac & 50c fans, I dont mean to be disrespectful, I am just playing here with Johnny Drama). & I am a girl, wanksta never popped naught so you shut up Sir.

I wasnt listening to rap when I was younger, I was mainly listening to cling clong music by boys who want to rock (rock!) & some others who were barking but never you mind now. Thankfully Em changed that.

drama, drama, farmer, bad karma, driving a Lada, dadadadada....clearly a case of someone whoose mother wept before during and after their birth ;)

drama, drama, farmer, bad karma, driving a Lada, dadadadada....clearly a case of someone whoose mother wept before during and after their birth ;)

More like a case of somebody whose mother took home the afterbirth. :takethat:

I always thought Devils Rejects was better than House. More creepier anyway.

Frailty is a great creepy movie. Little known movie even though it has some star power in it.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre.....the original. Very creepy and much better than all the remakes.

The Strangers isn't that popular amongst movie snobs, but it is a bit scary simply because it could actually happen. And it is something that all of us have been scared by.

Exit to Eden. There is a scene with Rosie O'Donnel that will scar you for life.

The most disturbing movie I've seen has been Martyrs (so far, watching Cannibal Holocaust tonight and have seen others in this thread). It's a pretty brutal movie, not necessarily what I'd call gorey... There is gore, but it's not a thrasher film at all. The gore and brutality are also really important to the psychological horror element.