Bumblefoot: Glad To Be Here Studio Version....

SMG

Perhaps your tastes just haven't matured past 1987 yet.

Considering that in the 80's there were actually some pretty good hit songs across the board, it's not a bad place to be.

Also, considering the state of music today and the shit that becomes a hit, why would anyone WANT to progress to recent music with their "taste?"

The thing that gets on my tits are people who are so arrogant that they condescend to others and accuse them of having unsophisticated musical tastes just because they disagree with them. Arseholes! :rolleyes:

Don't forget, Normal and Abnormal are concept albums. It's one continuous story told over the album, with several changes of style in the songs of which the story is reflected. I can see why someone who just listens to Glad To Be Here itself thinks it's a badly written song, but it makes sense in the context of the album. Musically, there's nothing wrong with it. It's meant to be funny.

Glad To Be Here is a really weak song, IMO. Ron has A LOT of good songs. Don't know why he chose to play Glad To Be Here. And finck6... At least Ron has more than one song under his name. Robin has a 17-year career and ONE songwriting credit. Man's a joke.

Glad To Be Here is a really weak song, IMO. Ron has A LOT of good songs. Don't know why he chose to play Glad To Be Here. And finck6... At least Ron has more than one song under his name. Robin has a 17-year career and ONE songwriting credit. Man's a joke.

Ron and Robin are both cool but it doesn't make them infallible. finck6 is a blatant cupcake and is best ignored! ;)

Ron and Robin are both cool but it doesn't make them infallible. finck6 is a blatant cupcake and is best ignored! ;)

Robin is no joke, he's ok... I got carried away by finck6's ridiculous posts.

r u kidding? this is the best ronald has to offer in the rock industry as a guitar player in the studio. if axl disrespects bucket and erases him with ronald.....cd2 won't be worth a dime

and

robin hasn't co-written one of the greatest guns n roses songs ever. you might have heard it. it's called better. dj ashba didn't write better. dj sucks trying to play robin's better live

and

dj and ronald have 0 guns n roses song writing credits. that's right 0. so who's the joke now?

Edited by finck6

Come on, lets stay on topic. No need to argue about what each other thinks of Ron. If you want to debate what you think of the song, by all means, go for it.

then i go for it and say ronald's song doesn't measure up to robin's or bucket's chinese democracy songs like TIL and prostitute

how dare axl let this loser ronald overdub buckethead on chinese democracy. fucking joke

big beard fucking clown not big deal fight here buckethead, lord of all twat flayer how could you.

Weird how you talk to yourself..

shouldn't this be in the former members section?

No. BBF is in GnR.

no way the axl rose i know and love would let a third string guitar replacement mock him and beta online. if axl doesn't fire him, then axl's going to look like a major bitch. i mean, he threatened to kick slash's ass on stage for far less.

Slash deserved to get his ass kicked. Slash broke up Guns N Roses!!!!

Edited by AxlRose14

how dare axl let this loser ronald overdub buckethead on chinese democracy. fucking joke

big beard fucking clown not big deal fight here buckethead, lord of all twat flayer how could you.

Weird how you talk to yourself..

of yourself go fuckings make, robin and bckthead are real gnr

Don't forget, Normal and Abnormal are concept albums. It's one continuous story told over the album, with several changes of style in the songs of which the story is reflected. I can see why someone who just listens to Glad To Be Here itself thinks it's a badly written song, but it makes sense in the context of the album. Musically, there's nothing wrong with it. It's meant to be funny.

This. :thumbsup:

Glad To Be Here is a really weak song, IMO. Ron has A LOT of good songs. Don't know why he chose to play Glad To Be Here.

Because of the lyrics perhaps?

What about them? He's glad to be playing for the crowd? Nahh...

Glad To Be Here is a really weak song, IMO. Ron has A LOT of good songs. Don't know why he chose to play Glad To Be Here.

Because of the lyrics perhaps?

What about them? He's glad to be playing for the crowd? Nahh...

Glad to be touring when he was meant to have treatment :)