When the shit hit the fan...

zepsun

How were things from your perspective when things started unravelling? This was a band you cared about. You were friends with the band and according to their books, were a big help to them on a daily living level. First Steve went, then Izzy, were you thinking by then, this is the end? Or were you not shocked at all?

It blows my mind that you're here answering questions by the way. :)

I was sad to see Steven get fired. Seems like they could have chained his Ass to a water heater and made him get sober. Thats what I would have done if it was left up to me. As far as Izzy quitting, I knew they could get a long without him live but, I don't think they knew that they couldn't get along when it was time to make a new record. It was like fuck Izzy he quit and left us hanging. So when it came down to making a new record they didn't even ask him if he wanted in. By the time they saw they needed him, things were already off the tracks.

Edited by recklessroad

what are the fact surrounding izzy leaving, was he afraid there would be lawsuits so he bailed? was he too loaded to deal with it? any insights?

also when steven was fired was he out and forgotten or did he come around try to hang out and bug to be back in and ask for money or other stuff?

There were a lot of reasons Izzy left. One of the reasons was that he was afraid of the lawsuits. He was sober when he left. Steven didn't come around and I didn't see him for many years after that. Steven didn't go away quietly and there were lawsuits from it. However in 1994 when I was working on my book, I still made sure that Steven and Izzy were included in every event. Just because they were gone didn't change the fact that they were in the band in 1985/1986 which is when the book takes place. Iput the book together as if they were still in the band.