Sebastian Bach: "Axl says The General comes out in 2012"

Stipemanblue

So back in the day Mr. Bach mentioned that the THIRD new album from GN'R would be coming out in 2012. That means we should be getting a new double album this year because the SECOND new GN'R album didn't arrive in 2010. I want to understand the creative process of Mr. Rose. What I gather is that for many years Mr. Rose saved up a lot of material. What I think is that the 14 songs he knew were going to be on Chinese Democracy the FIRST album were the ones he focused his attention on. I think there are probably many instrumentals that he hasn't recorded a vocal on. I think it shows a great desire to put out quality material by saving your songs and improving upon them. Soul Monster, Thyme, Daddy Can the Devil, etc. are great song titles. But don't you think you should wait to mention them until they're somewhere in the vicinity of time they are coming out? Why are you telling us about your favorite guitar bridge in a song that four years later nobody has heard yet? Now on Facebook people are talking about how a GNR member introduced The General to the band. Hey, sounds great! CAN WE HEAR WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT or is this another "one song released in a decade" Oh MY God tease?

Dizzy said it best in his last interview on tour: "The fans should get what they deserve."

Here's what the fans deserve:

A box set of all the Chinese Democracy material.

OR

If it's all not ready yet, release one song at a time until all of songs from CD sessions have been released.

We love you and what you do Mr. Rose. It's great you want future generations to love the new GN'R but what about THIS GENERATION of waiting loyal fans?

• Like 1

Appreciate your thoughts, but it is obvious things have changed considering that a successive release of new material has been spoken about since 2000 or so.

You are right, not so much that we "deserve" to hear anything, but I am sure it would please alot of fans who have been waiting - and at the same time provide a good income to the band as a business - if more new material was released.

What it comes down to though, is Axl and his management, who work things out in their own time/pace. Unfortunately we can't do much.

Edited by ben

It's okay. The Billy Joel Syndrome is quite common. "One of my songs is being played on at least one radio station somewhere right now. I better not make any new music cause if people don't like it they might stop liking what I already did."

Here in Hollywood everybody loves GN'R! Looking forward to hearing that third new album in 2012.

It's okay. The Billy Joel Syndrome is quite common. "One of my songs is being played on at least one radio station somewhere right now. I better not make any new music cause if people don't like it they might stop liking what I already did."

Here in Hollywood everybody loves GN'R! Looking forward to hearing that third new album in 2012.

you haven't even heard cd 2 yet. cd 3 is years away

The Billy Joel syndrome?

He stopped writing rock and pop songs because he likes composing classical music, yet he'll still do the 13 albums worth of songs year after year. Billy's last CD had hits on it, and that was the same year TSI? came out, but I think what it is, is not trying to write songs to cater to what's popular at the time.

you haven't even heard cd 2 yet. cd 3 is years away

When Axl say "jump" Sebastian will ask "how high?"

I disagree.

I don't believe Mr. Rose would set up Sebastian as a payment for letting Sebastian tour with GN'R.

Sebastian very kindly told us in 2007 what is happening this year: 2012.

Can't wait to hear the official announcement about the double album CD 2 and CD 3!

No. CD 3 comes out this year. This year is 2012. Sebastian Bach said the third album comes out in 2012. Sebastian Bach said The General comes out this year. Lots to look forward to.

hahahaha this guy!!!

ROFL :rofl-lol:

Wait a minute... did I miss CD2 already?

I think he's joking..... :thumbsup:

No. CD 3 comes out this year. This year is 2012. Sebastian Bach said the third album comes out in 2012. Sebastian Bach said The General comes out this year. Lots to look forward to.

hahahaha this guy!!!

ROFL :rofl-lol:

Wait a minute... did I miss CD2 already?

Joking? Not sure how you mean that. I don't think GN'R wants Sebastian to look misinformed and wait another day after December 31, 2012 to release the two albums promised before this year's end.

Actually its called trolling

Let's judge things factually. If Sebastian didn't say we get three GN'R albums between 2008 and 2012 tell me I'm wrong.

Just because I'm not as good looking as you must be Loaded Night Train doesn't mean I'm a cupcake.

You'll all be saying I was right come December 31, 2012 and we have our two new albums. (Might as well join Sebastian on this)

Actually its called trolling

Let's judge things factually. If Sebastian didn't say we get three GN'R albums between 2008 and 2012 tell me I'm wrong.

Just because I'm not as good looking as you must be Loaded Night Train doesn't mean I'm a cupcake.

You'll all be saying I was right come December 31, 2012 and we have our two new albums. (Might as well join Sebastian on this)

so true!