Will we hear more Use Your Illusion Songs?

Screamin' Demon

It's really great that Axl has finally opened up to more Illusion material on this tour, perhaps realising they are indeed great albums. I really hope that we get to hear more songs. Realistically, we cannot expect them to play songs like Right Next Door To Hell, Perfect Crime, Garden Of Eden, Coma or Shotgun Blues considering that they would kill Axl trying to perform them. We also can't expect realistically to hear songs like Back Off Bitch, Don't Damn Me or Get In The Ring because if Axl didn't feel appropriate performing them in the heat of the moment in 1991 when they had lyrical relevance, despite the childishness of the lyrics, there's no way he would perform them now. Nor should we expect them to perform filler songs that have no particular appeal to many Gn'R fans. However, considering all this, this still leaves room for a couple of great songs that haven't yet been performed by the new band, which are within Axl's vocals. This includes The Garden (My god, they must play this one!), Locomotive and Dead Horse. It also leaves room for Dust N' Bones as another possible when Izzy joins them again on stage. 14 Years was also an excellent addition for the Izzy appearance!

I would rather hear The General, Checkmate, Soul Monster, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, If the World, TWAT, or Scraped over any Illusions song they haven't played yet. If they continue to add more older songs to the set-list, Axl might as well reunite with Slash and the old band because it'll be clear whatever his intentions were a decade ago are long gone and he wants to tour as a "Greatest Hits" act.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

If there must be a choice between one or the other, than yes, my vote is for new songs, but if they could throw in a couple like Locomotive or Yesterdays as well that'd be great, and it'd still be better than getting nothing changed at all if they only add the Illusions songs.

more covers and more Greatest hits tours ?

AXL you suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

what do you want? more covers, more greatest hits or more beautiful new songs that you like as much as the other new songs? :rofl-lol:

I would love to hear Dust N Bones.

Edited by Mindray11

If anybody is wondering, when I said more UYI songs, I didn't mean throwing more into the setlist at once, but rather rotating them. Asides from Live And Let Die, You Could Be Mine, November Rain & Knockin' On Heaven's Door we hear as staples, they've thrown in Civil War and Estranged. Maybe on the next tour they could rotate the last two with The Garden & Locomotive or Dead Horse.

Edited by Screamin' Demon

Locomotive would be badass, but then isn't that one Slash's baby??

Yes. Locomotive and Coma are Slash's babies. I don't think the current band would ever perform those songs, not because they're not capable of covering Slash's material but because Axl would never perform a song that has Slash's mark on it. :shrugs:

Yes. Locomotive and Coma are Slash's babies. I don't think the current band would ever perform those songs, not because they're not capable of covering Slash's material but because Axl would never perform a song that has Slash's mark on it. :shrugs:

Perhaps. Although I seem to remember during the Axl chats, he had some strong words to say regarding Slash taking all the credit for Locomotive and Coma. Can't remember his exact words though...

Perhaps. Although I seem to remember during the Axl chats, he had some strong words to say regarding Slash taking all the credit for Locomotive and Coma. Can't remember his exact words though...

I do. He said "...and the whole I came to him for his riff (regarding Jungle if I'm not mistaken) is as much crap as him saying he brought Locomotive and Coma in as complete songs". But then you have the 1990 interview with Kurt Loder where Axl said that Coma was Slash's baby, his monster. :shrugs:

Well, do you think Axl would have written all the riffs and music for Coma and Locomotive, apart from the piano bit at the end of Locomotive? For those songs I'd put a lot of money on the music being Slash's and the amazing lyrics being Axl's. Didn't he say he passed out after he finished the Coma lyrics?

Well, do you think Axl would have written all the riffs and music for Coma and Locomotive, apart from the piano bit at the end of Locomotive? For those songs I'd put a lot of money on the music being Slash's and the amazing lyrics being Axl's. Didn't he say he passed out after he finished the Coma lyrics?

I think the piano bit at the end of Locomotive was written and performed by Dizzy Reed, but I'm not 100% sure. That said, Slash wrote Coma and Locomotive in full and Axl added his lyrics.