The Robert John Fallout

Yesterdaze

Hi Marc.

Can you touch at all as to why Axl and Robert John are no longer friends / associates?

Axl mentioned that his equipment was out of date, I was just wondering if you had any more to add.

I spoke to Robert before the 12.31.01 show and he mentioned that the band "aren't even close" to doing

any photo shoots and that the album wasn't in sight and "if they ever tour" again, it might be his last. He also

spoke about what a good guy Slash is.

I do know that I prefer George Chin's photos night and day over John's.

I don't know for sure how it all went down but this is what might have happened. Robert was trying to stay loyal to Axl by not working with some bands that Axl didn't want him to work with. There came a time where Robert couldn't pay the bills anymore and there was no New GNR photos that were going out to magazines. They had a falling out over it and Axl made Robert an offer for all his GNR stuff. For some reason Robert never got paid and filed a suit for it. I think GNR management didn't pay Robert and it got ugly. Axl probably was not even aware of what was going on till it was to late. Take this with a grain of salt.

Edited by recklessroad

What does Robert say about Gun today, Marc? Do you ever see him?

He is not happy with how things went down between him and Axl. I don't know what he thinks about the new band. we have never talked about it. was working with him on on GNR doc, but the other people he was working with wanted too much control of my footage, so I backed out.

Was that the old GNR doc he did in the mid 90s? Or did he make a new one?

I guess he has closed the door on working with Axl and Guns ever again then? That's too bad.

The one that aired on the BBC aired in 94. It was about him

Do you have a link by chance?