The 'lol Bumblefoot' incident and other MyGNR nostalgia

Dan H.

I never knew the entire story, only bits and pieces - how bizarre! :lol:

Seeing that pm reminded me of one similar she sent when Angelica, Daria and nameless girl were banned, and she threatened I'd be following my pals too if I mentioned them in a thread again. It was one of several reasons I just stopped posting eventually. The power trip got way out of hand and too many good posters were getting banned or leaving. The forum didn't feel fun anymore.

• 2 years later...

i miss everyone in this thread.

Discuss the old days. Anyone remember mymafiamania? :lol:

Yes, I joined, because I was chatting on MSN with Dean_16 at the time and he got points for brinigng another person on board. I didn't actually play Mafia though. I remember that Kevin would give out warnings for silly things though. :)

I miss BigBoySixx (is he still around under a different screen name?) he was a lot of fun. Madagascar was from York too, though we never got to meet, we went to rival schools. He was a few years older than I. Jack_the_ripper/Metatron who is one of the handful of people from here who was universally despised by other members added me on Facebook around a year ago, that was weird. Kissable Kate anyone? There are quite a few people who I remember the avatars off but not their screen names, who I remember being nice.

Edited by Gracii Guns

Well its good to learn something about the history of the forum from this thread, things have changed for the better. When Madison was banning people for these types of things, din't Eric or HV do something about it?

Well its good to learn something about the history of the forum from this thread, things have changed for the better. When Madison was banning people for these types of things, din't Eric or HV do something about it?

HV was only a moderator at the time so he didn't have much authority to stand up to Madison iirc. It was Subsy, Madison, and Eric. Subsy was very very mellow and so he never really got involved unless he said stuff behind the scenes. Madison was essentially the eyes, ears, judge, jury, and executioner of MYGNR Forum.

Eric was NEVER around in the early days. I suspect he didn't care much for discussion on the forum and saw it mostly as a revenue source. Eric became active after the Axl Rose incident in which Madison famously got banned.

Then began "the dark ages" where Eric kindof turned everyone evil. It was like a forum version of the Stanford Prison Experiment. Zint, HV, and gunsguy were all mod happy, and banning, deleted threads, mysterious suspensions, and conspiracies ran rampant. A lot of old members left and never returned, and GNFNR's was created. The forum was a very dark and depressing place during eric's administration.

After eric's downfall the place mellowed out really fast. Zint, GG, and HV were suddenly normal again. There was a lot of mistrust in the moderating team and Subs caught a lot of flack that he didn't really deserve. cupcakes began popping up, "Skype Crew" surfaced, but slowly from there the forum has returned to a state of more or less "normality".

Anyone remember madisons story about being at Ground Zero during 9/11? :lol:

Edited by Dan H.

Thanks for sharing man, I heard stuff from other members too, but bits and pieces, so its always good to know about the history of this place, I wish I was a member back then, I was never a forum type of a person.

Even what after Madison did, I have seen a few people who still side with her and say she was good and cant take anything against her

I hope more people post to this thread so people who were back then would have their nostalgic moments and new people like me would learn something what used to happen back in the day.

I miss Madison, in hind sight. She was great entertainment, and breathed a lot of life into the forum. She could also be a real asshole, and very power hungry. Had it out for a lot of members here on the forum, the women in particular.

I think it would be great if she came back as a member, I'd never see her as a mod again.

What Axl did to her was totally out of line. She shouldn't have had to have gone out like that, MYGNR was her baby. She should have left, but it's a shame she had to go in such shame and embarrassment.

Edited by Dan H.

Calling her a cunt was a bit much.

Taking it upon himself personally to come back to the forum just to throw a tantrum at her for investigating claims (that turned out to be true) that fans were being asked not to wear Slash shirts at shows.

What's even more maddening is that after the chats, he never came back to talk to his fans, he just swooped in to attack Madison, advertised secret shows that never materialized, and disappeared. Of course he was nice enough to leave Beta and Fernando with us to help terrorize the forum for the next two years.

Thanks for sharing man, I heard stuff from other members too, but bits and pieces, so its always good to know about the history of this place, I wish I was a member back then, I was never a forum type of a person.

I hope more people post to this thread so people who were back then would have their nostalgic moments and new people like me would learn something what used to happen back in the day.

In hindsight, those times weren't The Golden Years or anything. The pros were that the forum was busier, we were getting frequent leaks from Chinese Democracy, and there was plenty of fresh GN'R news to discuss. We also had some great personalities on the forum who have moved on.

The downside was, that the forum being busier (this may have been to do with that particular time in Internet history, before social media, before YouTube etc.) I certainly felt as though that you needed to be a bit of a hard nut to post here. The arguments spiralled, the insults were tolerated more, and some people had more run-ins with mods. I remember posting a thread about Axl being on the cover of Kerrang! and someone said "you can't be a true Guns N Roses fan if you read Kerrang! because Mick Wall wrote for them and he pissed of Axl once". That's not the best example, but I still think it was a bit of a sickish opinion.

I remember the Sex Thread Era, where every other thread was sexual. I think that the crowd at the time were more comfortable to discuss things like that. I assume that because many of us are now friends on Facebook, discussing our sex lives behind a screen name isn't as anonymous as it used to be.

Eric was very much an absent father. In fact, the only time he spoke to me was when I asked him to delete my account in around 2009.

Overall, I prefer the way things are now. :)

Edited by Gracii Guns

Is that why the picture threads are gone?

I'm guessing they got lost during the forum updates earlier this year. No one has bothered to start a new one

Remember when that kid played the Better leak over the school PA and everyone dropped their books and started dancing? 2006 brah.

And luis juts wantd 2 c gnar in mexico plz axel slash

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/9190-pleas-go-to-mexico/%22%20title=%22Previous%20page%22%20rel=

Edited by Dan H.

ronaldo09 lurkin' <3

Didnt know you were still around

If anyone can find kevins legendary smack down with madison over metal detectors on buses, I'd love you forever

Edited by Dan H.

I miss Madison, in hind sight. She was great entertainment, and breathed a lot of life into the forum. She could also be a real asshole, and very power hungry. Had it out for a lot of members here on the forum, the women in particular.

I think she only got bad in the last 2 years or so. I don't remember her being particularly out of line before that, but near the end she went completely crazy.

Calling her a cunt was a bit much.

Taking it upon himself personally to come back to the forum just to throw a tantrum at her for investigating claims (that turned out to be true) that fans were being asked not to wear Slash shirts at shows.

I got the impression that there was a lot more that went on behind closed doors, and that was just the final straw. Either way, Axl's never been known for his self control.

I used to look into this place for ages before I started posting. 2 threads in particular that i remember being very entertaining was a guy who was trying to stay awake for a week and kept updating his progress as his mind and body started to shut down and another where a guy said he'd eat his shoe if Chinese democracy ever got released.

I also got far too far involved once when i got caught up in an argument with MSL, it got as far as me looking at prices for airlines cos i was going to fly over to Florida to play him in a game of tennis :lol:

• Like 1