Is anyone else concerned about this season

arnold layne

Well, Season 6 of Dexter redeemed the non-worthyness that Season 5 was, but anyway, I kind of have the same feeling. I mean, to me, something just feels a little off about this season. I'm not sure if it's because I'm used to just watch an episode after episode, but this season doesn't seem to have the same "Breaking Bad Grab" for me that the others did. Not sure.

Also,

The whole cooking in houses that are about to be pest-bombed is way out there, in my opinion. I mean, I suppose it's believable, but it's not that believable. But, I think if it wasn't for the whole thing that happened with Ted and the money, Season 4 could have easily been the last season.

I've fallen behind this season. I've only seen the first episode of the season. Thought it was a poor start to the season compared to what I've come to expect from the show and yeah I'm kind of worried. Not reassuring to see this from people who are (assumedly) caught up with the show. :(

Bearing in mind tonights episode is halfway through this years season I think it will pick up tonight in a big way. I

I am still enjoying the series immensely but I can't really think of a better way to have ended the series than last season, after it finished I was left wondering how they hell they would follow it up and being completely honest at the moment I am a little disappointed so far. The progression is logical though, after Gus was taken down they would have to lie low for a little while before the heat died down.

Still awesome though, Bryan Cranston has been great this year and really unlikeable which is what they have been going for. Needs more Hank though!

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

Guest Broskirose

I don't watch this show but it seems to be a problem in TV in general. Show makers don't know when to stop when they're at their peak and finish strong.

I've fallen behind this season. I've only seen the first episode of the season. Thought it was a poor start to the season compared to what I've come to expect from the show and yeah I'm kind of worried. Not reassuring to see this from people who are (assumedly) caught up with the show. :(

Same here. Watched the first episode, and it was kind of slow, and haven't really had the drive to catch up on it yet. Then again, this always happens to me when I get into shows - I burn through all of the show there is up to that point, and by the time a new season comes on, it's hard for me to get back into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I think this season is one of the best so far. Season 5 (this one) seems to be the mirror opposite of season 1. The only thing that's really different is now Walt's disease isn't cancer, it's his own character. The story, to me, is that of a character transformation from a desperate and sick family man to a cynical and deranged sociopath. Walt's character has now been totally reborn and it's great to see the fallout of that. There would be something sinister in ending the show at the culmination of last season. Such a conclusion would be triumph for Walt, and that's not what the show is about. The audience needs to see the fall of not just the drug operation, but the man himself. Walt succeeded against his enemies, but in the process, season 5 has shown he has become his own worst enemy.

If you focus on character development rather than a simple plot to plot narrative, this season is vital to the story of Walter White. Many of the struggles Walt had in season 1 are now coming back and being resolved (his Grey Matter past, his motivations, his initial wish to leave his family, etc.). Bottom line, I can't wait to see how this whole thing plays out. The ending for Walt isn't going to be a happy one. He's got too much blood on his hands. The story will end when we see Walt either dead or caught.