Brian Carroll

MJG

Hey Marc - I think love him or hate him (or anything in between!!) Buckethead is one of the biggest mysteries in the history of GNR. I find any information about him fasinating.

Did you ever:

1) meet him face to face?

2) have a "normal" conversation with the man?

Thanks in advance should you reply to this one :-D

Yes he was very humble and a bit shy and a very nice guy. Also a very good guitar player

Can I ask your opinion on whether you felt he was a good fit for the band?

I always struggled with the fact my favourite band had a guitarist that wore a bucket on his head and played with nun-chucks! I know he is a fabulous guitarist as I have some of his solo work but I always thought of GnR as a more organic, Stones-type band and I saw with BH and Robin it was becoming more slip-knot like ...

If that makes any sense?

Anyway, I love the current line-up.

Yes he was very humble and a bit shy and a very nice guy. Also a very good guitar player

I always struggled with the fact my favourite band had a guitarist that wore a bucket on his head and played with nun-chucks! I know he is a fabulous guitarist as I have some of his solo work but I always thought of GnR as a more organic, Stones-type band and I saw with BH and Robin it was becoming more slip-knot like ...

If that makes any sense?

Well it's true the image was very different. It hard to find people that might look the part and also be a fit with the music. Bucket was very different but one thing for sure he didn't try to copy anything form anyone, he was who he was.

If that makes any sense?

Well it's true the image was very different. It hard to find people that might look the part and also be a fit with the music. Bucket was very different but one thing for sure he didn't try to copy anything form anyone, he was who he was.

He certainly is a unique individual. I must say I have loved his work on GnR material. I would love to see a Buckethead solo show live. I just missed out by two days when in Cleveland a couple of years ago. I also missed out on seeing Slash play at the Viper room by one night, and Motörhead by a couple of nights in Anaheim. Not a very well planned trip on my part. These kinds of shows don't come to Australia too often so I really should have been more organized :(

I would love to see a Buckethead solo show live. I just missed out by two days when in Cleveland a couple of years ago.

I also missed out on seeing Slash play at the Viper room by one night,

I seen BH for the first time few months ago. He's cool. He passed out little toys to the crowd.

He does silly stuff onstage too. Plus he's is an amazing guitar player.

MARC, Have you ever seen BH with out his mask. I gotta' ask. lol

I would love to see a Buckethead solo show live. I just missed out by two days when in Cleveland a couple of years ago.

I seen BH for the first time few months ago. He's cool. He passed out little toys to the crowd.

Yes he was eating with his family after the Vegas gig in 2001 no one knew who he was. When I said hi to him, he looked shocked that I knew who he was.

Yes he was eating with his family after the Vegas gig in 2001 no one knew who he was. When I said hi to him, he looked shocked that I knew who he was.

that's awesome, marc. not many people have seen buckethead unmasked and lived to tell the tale. :lol:

there were reports that he and axl got kind of close and bucket would hang out with him at his house...do you know if bucket 'stayed in character' during these visits? or did he ever take off the mask around axl and relax and act like himself? just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

that's awesome, marc. not many people have seen buckethead unmasked and lived to tell the tale. :lol:

there were reports that he and axl got kind of close and bucket would hang out with him at his house...do you know if bucket 'stayed in character' during these visits? or did he ever take off the mask around axl and relax and act like himself? just curious.

Really wanted to hear this question answered so... BUMP.

I don't know but I do know when he was around like at a dinner or something and not at a gig, he didn't ware the mask

I don't know but I do know when he was around like at a dinner or something and not at a gig, he didn't ware the mask

Marc, what do you think that happened with bucket in 2003-2004 that lead to quit GNR?

Marc, what do you think that happened with bucket in 2003-2004 that lead to quit GNR?

I don't know but my guess is maybe he wanted to make more music and I think the way things were moving in GNR was too slow for him.

I googled and found these pics of Brian Carroll. Axl/Brian in middle.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-701&va=buckethead+unmasked

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-701&va=buckethead+unmasked

That's not Bucket.

That's not Bucket.

Really? Huh...my bad then.

Marc, you were at the Vegas gig in 2001? Were you in contact with Slash? I believe the show he tried to get into was the one I was at on December 29th 2001. This was at the Hard Rock.

I didn't make it because I was sick. Yes I was in contact with Slash. I have always been in contact since 1976

That's not Bucket.

That's Fanalo to be more accurate, and he is friends with bumble.

Marc, you were at the Vegas gig in 2001? Were you in contact with Slash? I believe the show he tried to get into was the one I was at on December 29th 2001. This was at the Hard Rock.

I didn't make it because I was sick. Yes I was in contact with Slash. I have always been in contact since 1976

Marc, this leads me to another question. When they were on tour in 1987, did any of them ever call you to say "Hey Marc, what's up"? Because there was no twitter or cell phones or internet back then. Did they make contact with the outside world from Europe, Canada or the East Coast? I remember EZO. It makes me wonder what name Paul Stanley would have chosen for GN'R if they had gone with him.

No one checked in with me in 1987 but Axl used to invite my wife and I to gigs on the 91 tour and 2001 tour He also tried to get us to the 2006 UK tour but it was too short notice to travel like that after 911.

Edited by recklessroad

That's not Bucket.

Yes. If it was Buckethead, this picture would be a LOT cooler:

HPIM0721.JPG

That's not Bucket.

Yes. If it was Buckethead, this picture would be a LOT cooler:

HPIM0721.JPG

:rofl-lol: nice pic