Can'tgetintoAC/DCanymoreism?

Guest deleted_19765

Guest deleted_19765

I loved them when I was younger, but now when they come on the radio I can't get too hyped up about it. I still feel like there has to be something fundamentally awesome about them, wish I could lock into that again. Angus of course is a beast and has a lot of blues in his playing. Stone solid rhythm section and good riffs always. The vocals with both singers are very goblinish, I think that's what turns me off now.

Thanks.

I used to love everything about AC/DC when I was like 10 but now Brian Johnson's voice annoys the living shit out of me, I can still tolerate Bon though. While I couldn't sit through a whole album nowadays, depending on the song if they come on the radio its still better than a lot of artists that are played.

Edited by sweetness

While I like AC/DC, too many of their songs sound the same to me to get in to full-blown fandom.

I feel the same way. Plus, I'm not really a fan of Brian's vocals outside of Back in Black. I absolutely love Bon Scott's vocals though. One of the best frontmen ever to live in my opinion. He had that look in his eyes that few frontmen nowadays have.

Edited by HB3

They do what they do well, but I guess the complaint about them is that they don't branch out and try different things. It's no wonder then why so many people seem to get bored with AC/DC (including me).

I prefer Brian's voice to Bon's, but they do share some of the same qualities. It's definitely not a night and day difference between them.

For Those About To Rock was the last gasp at them attempting anything more than a minimal effort.

Each proceeding release you just heard a little bit more of the air wheezing out of the balloon.

The live show are always fun.

Bon era..Powerage,Highway To Hell,If You Want Blood...always get a spin in the car deck each and every summer. :devilshades:

AC/DC was the first rock band I ever got into. At the time, I was literally obsessed. I couldn't get enough of them - there was seriously some magic there. I still like them a lot, enjoyed seeing them live three times on the Black Ice tour, and still collect the new releases. However, I just don't have that genuine excitement about them I used to have. No idea why really. I still like the music, but that spark is gone. It's kind of funny because three other bands I got into not long after (Guns N' Roses, Rush, and KISS) are three I still most certainly have that excitement for.

I can enjoy most of their stuff from Back in Black and earlier, but anything after that aside from Thunderstruck is laughable.

I wouldn't say laughable, but they weren't as good.

For Those About To Rock and Flick Of The Switch were pretty good records. When you follow albums like Highway to Hell and Back in Black, you're kinda screwed. As far as the original question goes, I'm the exact same way. I used to be into AC/DC a ton, but as my musical tastes grew, I just left them behind. Now, I can't even listen to them at all.

For Those About To Rock was the last gasp at them attempting anything more than a minimal effort.

Each proceeding release you just heard a little bit more of the air wheezing out of the balloon.

The live show are always fun.

Bon era..Powerage,Highway To Hell,If You Want Blood...always get a spin in the car deck each and every summer. :devilshades:

flick of the switch blows away for those about to rock and should have been back in blacks follow up IMO

AC/DC is the definition of rock n' roll to me. One of my 5 favorite bands, constantly changing places. A few facts about my love for AC/DC:

• My favorite non-live album is either Back in Black or Let There Be Rock
  • I prefer Brian Johnson to Bon Scott by a little
  • I prefer Angus Young to Slash and any other GnR guitarist
  • I never went to an AC/DC concert and it hurts me to say this
  • My favorite songs are, in no particular order:
    • Back In Black
    • For Those About To Rock
    • TNT
    • Ballbreaker
    • Stiff Upper Lip
    • Shoot To Thrill

AC/DC is the shit. They are my co-favorite band along with Van Halen and Gn'R. Also by far the best traditional rock concert I've been to (although I'd say tied with Roger Waters' The Wal overalll, but that was so different than anything else I'd seen that I make a separate class for it).

Oh man, you've seriously missed out. I saw them in 2009 and they're only behind GNR (2010) for the best live act I've seen.

AC/DC is the shit. They are my co-favorite band along with Van Halen and Gn'R. Also by far the best traditional rock concert I've been to (although I'd say tied with Roger Waters' The Wal overalll, but that was so different than anything else I'd seen that I make a separate class for it).

I wouldn't call The Wall a concert, I'd call it a musical. I saw it too, but imo it's overhyped and overrated. The way people talk about it, it was supposed to blow my mind away and it didn't. Most of it was just projections on that wall and sorry but that's not enough for me. Although those images of soldiers coming back to their children during Vera was a pretty powerful moment.

Oh man, you've seriously missed out. I saw them in 2009 and they're only behind GNR (2010) for the best live act I've seen.

I know... they came to São Paulo for the Black Ice world tour but I live in Rio and was too lazy to go to São Paulo. Regret it. The best live act I've seen was GnR 2010 and the second is KISS 2009.

There'll always be a place in my heart for those guys, they were the first rock band I really got into. I just thought the riff from Back in Black was pretty much as cool as shit got, hit me in the face and blew me away... But after time it just seemed like they only really wrote about how awesome Rock n' Roll is (they like this topic quite a lot), some strange tongue-in-cheek quasi-satanic stuff and a hell of a lot of poorly disguised sexual metaphors... Rinse and repeat. I kinda got bored.

Ride On and Ain't No Fun Waiting 'Round to Be a Millionaire are great tunes precisely because they don't conform to that formula.

Edited by Graeme

I like AC/DC because they don't change. I like other bands because they do experiment, but that means it's going to be hit-or-miss. With AC/DC, you always know what you're going to get and it's always good. The same good, but good just the same.

And GivenToFly, I don't know if you missed all the rest of the show somehow, but there was quite a bit more to The Wall than the projections.

I can enjoy most of their stuff from Back in Black and earlier, but anything after that aside from Thunderstruck is laughable.

More or less this. There are very few Brian-era songs post Back In Black that I dig and it's mostly because Malcolm and Angus started writing all the lyrics... they're not very good at it.

I'll always love Bon-era AC/DC even if I don't listen to them a whole lot anymore.