Can'tgetintoAC/DCanymoreism?

Guest deleted_19765

They can certainly still kill it live. Like others have said, they were the first band that I really got into and they'll always have a special place when I think of my favorite bands due to that, but the past few years I really haven't listened to them too much. As of late, however, I have been listening to more of the old Bon stuff (mostly Powerage and HTH) and there are some really great tunes there.

Along with that, I'll still listen to anything new they put out and definitely try and catch them whenever they tour again.

powerage, flick of the switch and fly one the wall are my favorite ac/dc albums

i put on some of their songs every now and then but maybe i listened to them so much i got burned out on them, same thing happend to me with lynyrd skynyrd

^That too. FotS is criminally underrated.

i like it more than back in black :confused:

i think it would have been a killer follow up it sucks it gets forgotten

My favourite bit on the Family Jewels DVD is the Fly on the Wall section, it's all about Sink the Pink. (Hides)

My favourite bit on the Family Jewels DVD is the Fly on the Wall section, it's all about Sink the Pink. (Hides)

B)

fly on the wall sounded like ac/dc trying to do a little bit of heavy metal and i loved it brian sounds like he is singing in a barrell lol

B)

fly on the wall sounded like ac/dc trying to do a little bit of heavy metal and i loved it brian sounds like he is singing in a barrell lol

Some songs are good. Sink The Pink is awesome. I just hate how Brain sounds. Horrible. FOTW songs actually sound better on Who Made Who :lol:

I feel dirty saying this, and I will not say it again:

I really like AC/DC, they're a pop band to me. They aren't artistic, they don't have integrity, they are repetitive, they are cheesy and cliche, but when you put them next to other bands of the same format(Guns N' Roses, Poison, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith), AC/DC actually does their shit well. Like someone said in this thread they don't experiment, they don't pretend, they are simply AC/DC and they love it.

There may be some people on this forum who don't care for them, or who wouldn't pay to see a show, but if you stumbled upon them live, you'd know every song and you'd lose your shit.

That being said, AC/DC is one of the best shows I've ever been to, and I prefer Brian to Bon just by a hair. Black Ice was a good purchase.

Edited by NormalGuns

There's enough variation in their songs, especially on early albums. It's a misconception that they're all the same and you can tell if you actually listen to the songs rather than leave the albums or playlists in the background.

Every one of Chuck Berry's songs is EXACTLY the same and he doesn't get any shit for it. Same goes for most classic rock n roll artists and blues musicians too. And ACDC is old school blues+rocknroll, only louder. So why are they always chastised for not experimenting?

Sink The Pink, Shake Your Foundations, and the title track are my top three from that album. I love it! Horrible production, but some great songs on there. My favorite from Flick of the Switch is Rising Power.

The real secret to why AC/DC is so awesome and has withstood the test of time, and I think also the reason why people say they've never changed at all, is their rhythm section. They don't apply any musical rocket science to the rhythm, but it's so driving, the emphasis predictably just in the right places every time, and so heavy but so clean, that it creates a force almost as real as the force of gravity to make you head bang and literally rock with the rhythm. There is NO other band that, at least for me, and for most other people I've observed, has this effect. Usually half way through their song, I first become aware of my involuntary rocking movement. Other bands can make me groove with the music more smoothly, some make me air guitar, but no other makes me actually rock back and forth physically. People think it's all about Angus and Bon/Brian, but it's actually all about Cliff, Malcolm, and Phil. Angus and Bon/Brian just lend the image and that extra bite.

The real secret to why AC/DC is so awesome and has withstood the test of time, and I think also the reason why people say they've never changed at all, is their rhythm section. They don't apply any musical rocket science to the rhythm, but it's so driving, the emphasis predictably just in the right places every time, and so heavy but so clean, that it creates a force almost as real as the force of gravity to make you head bang and literally rock with the rhythm. There is NO other band that, at least for me, and for most other people I've observed, has this effect. Usually half way through their song, I first become aware of my involuntary rocking movement. Other bands can make me groove with the music more smoothly, some make me air guitar, but no other makes me actually rock back and forth physically. People think it's all about Angus and Bon/Brian, but it's actually all about Cliff, Malcolm, and Phil. Angus and Bon/Brian just lend the image and that extra bite.

Great analysis. I agree completely - the rhythm section in AC/DC is unbeatable. It's funny, since this thread started I've been uploading my AC/DC albums to iTunes to give them all a listen again.