Why isn't there a straight parade?

GUNSNROSES513

There's The Gay and Lesbian parades, LGBT History month. They have the right to be married now, But we're a nation that's supposed to move forward, not backwards and i honestly feel If I WANTED to start a straight parade, i'd be considered a homophone, which i'm not. But if we are equal, then how come they can have a parade and a month dedicated to them, but we can't?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because straight people haven't historically had to overcome centuries of stigma, abuse, adverse legislation and overt criminalisation of their relationships in order to provide them with a sense of some sort of "community in persecution."

Because straight people haven't historically had to overcome centuries of stigma, abuse, adverse legislation and overt criminalisation of their relationships in order to provide them with a sense of some sort of "community in persecution."

There's also this of course! :)

i would agree with this but what would happen if the tea party in america wanted to protest gay marriage with a straight parade you know how many people would freak the fuck out

i would agree with this but what would happen if the tea party in america wanted to protest gay marriage with a straight parade you know how many people would freak the fuck out

Because one is people celebrating liberation and the other is about removing people's rights. Where's the discrimination you speak of? I just don't see it. :shrugs:

Quit making complete sense! You're making it awful hard to sit here and complain about how hard life is as a straight, white, anglo-saxon Protestant male!

Quit making complete sense! You're making it awful hard to sit here and complain about how hard life is as a straight, white, anglo-saxon Protestant male!

For a bloke known to wear a skirt he's surprisingly incitful. :lol:

When was the last time a member of the Tea Party was tied to a fence and beaten to death because they were a member of the Tea Party?

Because the world, and our lives in it, is full of shitty double standards.

Yeah fucking right on!

What was with the Million Man March on Washington?

Martin Luther King spewing on about equal rights for African Americans and all that crap.

Man, if the whites held a Million Man March on Washington just because they wanted to celebrate being white, everyone would freak the fuck out!

It's bullshit man...double standards!

YEAH!

When was the last time a member of the Tea Party was tied to a fence and beaten to death because they were a member of the Tea Party?

that wasnt the point, the point is if they were to set up a parade in protest of gay marriage everyone would call them names, certain groups in the us would try and have it stopped immediately

look at what happend with the chick fil a incident

a tea party member was beaten severly and had his finger bitten off because he was a member of the tea party

the point is if they were to set up a parade in protest of gay marriage everyone would call them names, certain groups in the us would try and have it stopped immediately

Terrible!...god what's next...stopping public cross burnings and KKK African American lynchings?

Where are white people's rights these days!?

a tea party member was beaten severly and had his finger bitten off because he was a member of the tea party

Well there you go,grounds for a parade! :thumbsup:

that wasnt the point, the point is if they were to set up a parade in protest of gay marriage everyone would call them names, certain groups in the us would try and have it stopped immediately

look at what happend with the chick fil a incident

Totally different scenario man. The gay parade is there to show the world that they're fruity and they just prance around and be gay. I think. They aren't saying it's wrong to not be gay.

A tea party parade bashing gays is there to tell them what to do with their lives when it's nobody's fuckin' business about what they do in their spare time but their own.

Until that day we can dare to dream! fingerscrossed.gif