Why isn't there a straight parade?

GUNSNROSES513

You're making the assumption that obese people want to be thin? Isn't that just as bad as making the assumption that gay people want to be straight?

Hahahhaa! No! No, not at all! Obesity is a fucking disability so if you're drawing a direct comparison you're saying that gay people are also suffering from a disease! Wow, can open! Worms..................everywhere!!!!! What next? Am I assuming that people with cancer want to live? What if they're happy the way they are huh? Oh dear god man there's just so much wrong with what you just said that I'm not even going to attempt to address it until after my porridge! :lol:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, society is far more accepting of gays than they are of other groups such as the obese.

I've not yet seen a treadmill that can cure gayness! ;) Just sayin'

Exercise can't cure gayness? Tell that to the guys in the gym wearing muscle shirts with their bulges in each others' faces while they spot guys benching 350.

I did read the whole post but the part where you gave your definition of the motivation for a straight pride parade was as follows.

A straight parade as a protest against gay marriage.

Your words man, not mine and you'd be right cos that's all it would be. Answer me this honest question yeah? I know you're not a bigot cos I've read your thoughts on this kinda thing before but I do think you're playing devil's advocate to the extreme here. Would you personally feel the need to go on a straight pride march? I mean would anybody really? Maybe the reason we don't have them is cos the thought is just plain silly to most people? Y' know what I think this is all about? Not referring to you specifically but the subject as a whole. It's the sour grapes syndrome isn't it?

"Look at all those woofters doing something we have no interest in nor desire for! Why can't we do it?"

"Well why haven't you done it?

"Errr, we didn't want to cos it's silly!"

"But the queers are diong it so we want to now cos errrrr, errrrrr..........."

See what I mean? It's like a kid who doesn't like his greens but will stuff his face until he's sick cos somebody else is enjoying them and he doesn't wanna miss out. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

Marosan filed his first complaint in April 2009, then amended it in April 2010, two months after he was fired, to include charges of discrimination based on sexual orientation.

So people are still being fired over "sexual orientation"?

Thank you!

Welcome to 2012.

that was posted at angelicas request to show how straight people have been persecuted.

everyone will hate everyone until the end of time it will never change. it has gotten vastly better and is a small percent of what it was in the 1950s(where you seem to reside)

10 year old being driven to sucide for being called fat

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Funeral-held-for-10-year-old-driven-to-suicide-by-bullying-134029088.html

12 year old boy driven to suicide for being teased about the death of the kids father http://article.wn.com/view/2012/05/31/Boy_12_driven_to_suicide_by_cruel_schoolyard_bullies_who_tor/

white kid lit on fire by black kids for being a "white boy" http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-04/news/31122324_1_white-boy-fire-tv-station

i can go with this all night as well but only gay people get harmed and harrassed :rolleyes:

Also, society is far more accepting of gays than they are of other groups such as the obese.

Exercise can't cure gayness? Tell that to the guys in the gym wearing muscle shirts with their bulges in each others' faces while they spot guys benching 350.

Aren't you describing the exact opposite of a cure for gayness there? :lol:

that was posted at angelicas request to show how straight people have been persecuted.

everyone will hate everyone until the end of time it will never change. it has gotten vastly better and is a small percent of what it was in the 1950s(where you seem to reside)

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Funeral-held-for-10-year-old-driven-to-suicide-by-bullying-134029088.html

12 year old boy driven to suicide for being teased about the death of the kids father http://article.wn.com/view/2012/05/31/Boy_12_driven_to_suicide_by_cruel_schoolyard_bullies_who_tor/

white kid lit on fire by black kids for being a "white boy" http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-03-04/news/31122324_1_white-boy-fire-tv-station

i can go with this all night as well but only gay people get harmed and harrassed :rolleyes:

First one was bullied for being fat, second one cos his dad died (what????) and the third cos he was white. None of those are examples of people being picked on for being straight. So what we should logically be talking about would be "fat pride", "dead dad pride" and white pride no? :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey

I did read the whole post but the part where you gave your definition of the motivation for a straight pride parade was as follows.

A straight parade as a protest against gay marriage.

Your words man, not mine and you'd be right cos that's all it would be. Answer me this honest question yeah? I know you're not a bigot cos I've read your thoughts on this kinda thing before but I do think you're playing devil's advocate to the extreme here. Would you personally feel the need to go on a straight pride march? I mean would anybody really? Maybe the reason we don't have them is cos the thought is just plain silly to most people? Y' know what I think this is all about? Not referring to you specifically but the subject as a whole. It's the sour grapes syndrome isn't it?

"Look at all those woofters doing something we have no interest in nor desire for! Why can't we do it?"

"Well why haven't you done it?

"Errr, we didn't want to cos it's silly!"

"But the queers are diong it so we want to now cos errrrr, errrrrr..........."

See what I mean? It's like a kid who doesn't like his greens but will stuff his face until he's sick cos somebody else is enjoying them and he doesn't wanna miss out. :shrugs:

what im trying to get at dazey is this, and this was what i was trying to say

tolerance should be shown even if a group of people disagree with what is happening. if a gay pride parade is going on in NYC the anti gay marriage people of NYC shouldnt get pissed, shouldnt run their fucking mouths why? its their view point they are expressing, its their belief and they should be allowed to have it and show it.

now if the anti gay marriage people want to have a pro straight parade as a protest the pro gay marriage as well shouldnt get pissed and shouldnt mouth off why? its their belief its their view points and they too are expressing it. i would disagree with it, but i would show tolerance about it.

Hahahhaa! No! No, not at all! Obesity is a fucking disability so if you're drawing a direct comparison you're saying that gay people are also suffering from a disease! Wow, can open! Worms..................everywhere!!!!! What next? Am I assuming that people with cancer want to live? What if they're happy the way they are huh? Oh dear god man there's just so much wrong with what you just said that I'm not even going to attempt to address it until after my porridge! :lol:

Obesity is a disease or disability? No! Not at all! Wrong on both! Re-read my posts, not once have I stated or speculated as to the cause of obesity. Sometimes it is the result of a medical condition, sometimes it is a choice. Most obese people can function just like everyone else. Yeah they can't move as fast and aren't as flexible, but they ain't disabled unless you're talking about the extremely obese.

Bottom line, obese people can be just as happy being obese as gay people can be happy being gay. You're the one who mentioned the word "cure"!

Hope your porridge was just right :)

Aren't you describing the exact opposite of a cure for gayness there? :lol:

http://www.irishcent...-134029088.html

12 year old boy driven to suicide for being teased about the death of the kids father http://article.wn.co...ullies_who_tor/

white kid lit on fire by black kids for being a "white boy" http://articles.nyda...fire-tv-station

First one was bullied for being fat, second one cos his dad died (what????) and the third cos he was white. None of those are examples of people being picked on for being straight. So what we should logically be talking about would be "fat pride", "dead dad pride" and white pride no? :shrugs:

i posted a link about someone being descriminated against being straight

zint posted stories of people being beaten for being gay and other things, i was posting things of people being harassed for everything, showing that everyone has it rough and are descriminated against not just sexual preferance

FOR. BEING. STRAIGHT.

I DID READ THE LINK!

http://www.buffalone...rticle88318.ece

"Trocaire College is being accused of discriminating against a faculty member who taught natural sciences and was fired in 2009.

The state Division of Human Rights has found “probable cause” that the Catholic college in South Buffalo discriminated against Dr. Csaba Marosan because of his age, gender, national origin and sexual orientation. The division also determined that the college may have retaliated against Marosan because of his original discrimination complaint.

The college, represented by attorney James Grasso, has denied any discrimination. College officials have said Marosan was let go after seven years because his medical degree doesn’t meet guidelines of the college’s accrediting association, the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.

“What the college was doing was trying to improve its program,” Grasso said.

Grasso called the findings “inherently flawed and the result of a poor and incomplete investigation.”

The case will head to a public hearing before an administrative law judge, and Grasso predicted the college would prevail with a more complete unveiling of the evidence.

Marosan filed his initial complaint on April 7, 2009; he was let go on Dec. 18, 2009. He filed a second complaint on Feb. 16, 2010.

State investigators also said they found evidence that:

• There was “preferential treatment of homosexual males” at the college.

• The college wanted to terminate Marosan, a native of Hungary, because of his accent and because “he was not part of a clique of younger and/or homosexual males who socialized with administrators.”

• The college’s reason for terminating Marosan’s employment was a “pretext for unlawful discrimination.”

Grasso said those findings were based entirely on “innuendo,” because the college has never inquired about a person’s sexual orientation in hiring and “doesn’t make decisions based on that.”

Marosan, a former cancer researcher who had taught at Trocaire since 2002, told investigators he was treated differently because he is a 51-year-old heterosexual male, and his superiors were looking to hire young, gay men.

Marosan’s complaints paint a portrait of a scheming administration that sought to orchestrate a sexual harassment case against him based on false allegations, including a statement from a student who later admitted being “coached” by the college’s associate dean for academic affairs, the Rev. Robert Mock. The student ended up retracting the statement and saying Mock, a priest of the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo, had coerced him.

“Father Mock denies coercing any students to make [complaints] against complainant,” the Division of Human Rights investigators wrote in their report. “The evidence reveals that at least one student admits to being coached by Father Mock. into making a complaint.”

Grasso said the scenario involving a student who wrote a statement about Marosan and then retracted it had nothing to do with the sexual harassment complaints.

Edited by bran

tolerance should be shown even if a group of people disagree with what is happening. if a gay pride parade is going on in NYC the anti gay marriage people of NYC shouldnt get pissed, shouldnt run their fucking mouths why? its their view point they are expressing, its their belief and they should be allowed to have it and show it.

now if the anti gay marriage people want to have a pro straight parade as a protest the pro gay marriage as well shouldnt get pissed and shouldnt mouth off why? its their belief its their view points and they too are expressing it. i would disagree with it, but i would show tolerance about it.

I'm guessing people wouldn't mouth off at a pro straight pride march. If it was held in protest against gay rights then they probably would but then no more that people from the other side would equally about the gay pride march. What I'm saying is you won't find an example of people being persecuted and discriminated against for being straight. Simply doesn't happen, there's no historical precedent for it and it doesn't happen today. That's the difference. I'd love to see a straight pride parade, it would be hilarious! I mean would you want to go on one? Can you imagine the kind of people who would undoubtably make up the majority of the crowds? :nervous:

Edit: We live in a world of over 6 billion people, so I'm talking about a significant number of instances. I'm sure it happens occasionally but that's really not the point.

Edited by Dazey

I'm guessing people wouldn't mouth off at a pro straight pride march. If it was held in protest against gay rights then they probably would but then no more that people from the other side would equally about the gay pride march. What I'm saying is you won't find an example of people being persecuted and discriminated against for being straight. Simply doesn't happen, there's no historical precedent for it and it doesn't happen today. That's the difference. I'd love to see a straight pride parade, it would be hilarious! I mean would you want to go on one? Can you imagine the kind of people who would undoubtably make up the majority of the crowds? :nervous:

read the link above

no i wouldnt want to go on a straight pride parade lol i dont feel the need to as i imagine a lot of gay people are compfortable with their sexuality and feel no need to go on a march either.

Edited by bran

read the link above

I read it but that's an isolated incident. Like I said before you can't say it literally never happens but it's not an issue to 99.99% of the population.

no i wouldnt want to go on a straight pride parade lol i dont feel the need to as i imagine a lot of gay people are compfortable with their sexuality and feel no need to go on a march either.

See that's not really what I mean. I mean I don't think gay pride has anything to do with people being insecure about their sexuality in the most part. It's about celebrating the fact that they don't have to hide away anymore. Okay, look at it this way yeah? I've never been to prison so I take certain things in life for granted. I can go where I want, when I want and with whom I choose so I'd find it odd to go out and celebrate that fact cos I take it for granted, it's not a big deal to me. Now had I just got out after a 20 stretch I'd probably look at things much differently. That's the difference and that's why people feel the need to celebrate. Gay people haven't had the luxury of taking the freedoms we enjoy for granted. If as a straight guy I'd had to keep my true nature a secret for years for fear of discrimintation and persecution then I'd be well up for a celebration of my new found freedoms. :shrugs:

read the link above

I read it but that's an isolated incident. Like I said before you can't say it literally never happens but it's not an issue to 99.99% of the population.

See that's not really what I mean. I mean I don't think gay pride has anything to do with people being insecure about their sexuality in the most part. It's about celebrating the fact that they don't have to hide away anymore. Okay, look at it this way yeah? I've never been to prison so I take certain things in life for granted. I can go where I want, when I want and with whom I choose so I'd find it odd to go out and celebrate that fact cos I take it for granted, it's not a big deal to me. Now had I just got out after a 20 stretch I'd probably look at things much differently. That's the difference and that's why people feel the need to celebrate. Gay people haven't had the luxury of taking the freedoms we enjoy for granted. If as a straight guy I'd had to keep my true nature a secret for years for fear of discrimintation and persecution then I'd be well up for a celebration of my new found freedoms. :shrugs:

i posted that edit before you posted yours :bitchfight:

my point is though i dont care if they have a gay pride parade nor do i care if straight people do, i want them to show tolerance to eachother it is the only way we can ever move on to a more peaceful society

Can you imagine how lame a straight pride parade would be? "WOO! Heterosexuality rocks!" :lol:

lmao

it wouldnt be as colorful either those gay pride parades the people who create the signs and the slogans are quite creative :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Because heterosexuality is the standard, it doesn't require empowerment.

Whenever I hear the phrase "straight pride" I can't help thinking about Straight Dave's Man Slamming at the end of Bruno! :lol:

Bruno was fuckin' off key :lol:

Seriously though, what a fucking ridiculous topic, i mean, how many heterosexuals are there out there that are like, y'know, troubled by their heterosexuality or have a distinct lack of pride in it en masse as a result of some form of oppression or another? Straight Pride parade my arse...i mean a girls arse!! Yes, girls arse! Lets get that straight!

Edited by sugaraylen

Not to get too much into the issue of gay marriage (which by the way I am not against), but can a piece of paper really validate one's commitment to another person? Do two people need to be married in order to prove they love each other? Does marriage prove they love each other? Does marriage guarantee faithfulness or devotion? Marriage is an obsolete institution.

There are some legal consequences to marriage, regarding for example visitation rights in hospital and prison, inheritances etc. Unless you were talking about the uselessness of marriage when civil partnerships are available,