Why did Tobias leave?

curmudgeonrose

Axl said:

"...The world tour really wasn’t his cup of tea whereas he's much more comfortable in a studio setting..."

This. I think the real question is whether Tobias is still "part of the GN'R Family" like Brain and Finck or whether he's been fully exiled like Buckethead and most (if not all) of the "old band"...

If I had to guess- I'd say the former- but you hardly ever hear of the guy...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Fact is that without Tobias there'd be no new GnR - Axl's worlds.

So I pay my tribute to the man - hail Paul 'Huge' Tobias!

Paul is the reason we have GNR today and Chinese!! and he is humble, a great guitarist and a great songwriter .. TWAT, CITR, IRS and the the masterpiece Prostitute :heart:

hail Paul 'Huge' Tobias! +1

:hug:

Fact is that without Tobias there'd be no new GnR - Axl's worlds.

So I pay my tribute to the man - hail Paul 'Huge' Tobias!

Paul is the reason we have GNR today and Chinese!! and he is humble, a great guitarist and a great songwriter .. TWAT, CITR, IRS and the the masterpiece Prostitute :heart:

hail Paul 'Huge' Tobias! +1

:hug:

+1

wasn't Paul at the Rio gig ? - he looked like some bum that had gate crashed the stage :D

..if you read Slash's book, Slash don't have a good word to say about the bloke. Seems the guy is about as interesting as watching paint dry.

I think everyone realized that Slash was right all long. The guy is a d-bag.

Who? If Axl likes him, and he calls all the shots, who's 'everyone' and why would he get fired?

Slash said in his book Paul wasn't right for GN'R and look, He's nowhere to be found.

I think everyone realized that Slash was right all long. The guy is a d-bag.

Who? If Axl likes him, and he calls all the shots, who's 'everyone' and why would he get fired?

Slash said in his book Paul wasn't right for GN'R and look, He's nowhere to be found.

But apparently he wasn't fired, and it wasn't Axl's wish for him to leave.. I surely hope he comes back for songwriting and/or has some other songs with Axl in the vault 'cause his songs were the best nuGnR songs.

This. I think the real question is whether Tobias is still "part of the GN'R Family" like Brain and Finck or whether he's been fully exiled like Buckethead and most (if not all) of the "old band"...

If I had to guess- I'd say the former- but you hardly ever hear of the guy...

Axl said in the chats that he still talks to Paul and he helped out with some stuff for the Chinese Democracy liner notes.

I think it really was more of a thing where he wanted to help Axl keep Guns alive and going, and probably wasn't as comfortable on tour and stuff, so has remained behind the scenes. He had more fingerprints all over 'Chinese Democracy', I think, than anyone except Axl, and maybe Robin...