Conspiracy theories YOU actually BELIEVE

arnold layne

I have a natural tendency to be skeptical of most of this stuff. I do believe some of the more "general" stuff, like whenever the government uses "national security" as a reason for heightened surveillance laws - generally I see that as having less to do with genuine security concerns and more to do with wanting to have greater insight/control over their electorates.

My last housemates believed soooo many of them though (one guy in particular). The 2012 "end of the world" theories, that Ancient Indians invented the first nuclear bombs, the whole Illuminati deal... I guess we did smoke a lot of weed there though.

Such as it is presented by governmental leaders, journalists, the police forces and the terrorists themselves, the war fought by terrorism against its declared enemies is completely improbable. To be credible, this story demands -- triply and simultaneously -- an excessive stupidity on the part of the terrorists, an extravagant incompetence among the police services that specialize in anti-terrorism, and an irresponsible madness among the media. This improbability is such that it is impossible to admit that terrorism is really what it seems or claims to be.

More here, it's called The Logic of terrorism, everybody should read it : http://www.notbored.org/logic-of-terrorism.html

To finish up with this kind of "individualist" terrorism, one should recall here the [relatively] recent attack in Oklahoma City. On 19 April 1995, a veteran of the Gulf War, Timothy McVeigh, attacked the FBI building in Oklahoma City with a truck loaded with fertilizer and petroleum. The building collapsed and there were 168 victims. During his testimony, McVeigh declared that he'd been scandalized by the FBI's assault, two years earlier, on a sect of Adventists in Texas, during which more than 80 members of the sect, 27 of them children, were killed. Revolted by this crime, McVeigh fought a solitary war against the FBI. At the end of his widely covered trial, he alone was executed by a lethal injection, in front of American television cameras.

After the attack, 58% of the American people were in favor of renouncing certain liberties to contain terrorism.[10] And in the popular effervescence maintained by the media, President Clinton signed the consternating Anti-terrorism Act,[11] which authorized the police to commit many infractions of the American constitution, created an armed force capable of rapid intervention and deployment, and made up of 2,5000 men under the authority of the Attorney General, who was given dictatorial powers.

Given the ravages caused by McVeigh's attack, General Partin affirmed that "this type of damage was technically impossible without supplementary explosive charges being placed at the base of certain reinforced-concrete pillars." Samuel Cohen, the father of the neutron bomb, confirmed that "it is absolutely impossible and against the laws of physics that a truck full of fertilizer and petroleum (...) could bring the building down."[12] Two experts from the Pentagon even came to say that the destruction had been "caused by five distinct bombs," and concluded that McVeigh's role in the attack(s) had been that of "useful idiot."[13]

During his trial, McVeigh recalled being approached by members of a "group of special forces personnel involved in criminal activities." The FBI did not seek or find them. But in this affair, the federal police had concealed so much information during the investigation and trial that former Senator Danforth threatened to serve the director of the FBI with a search warrant, which he unfortunately did not obtain. Gore Vidal affirms without hesitation that "there is overwhelming proof that there was a plot involving the militias and government infiltrators (...) to make Clinton sign the despicable Anti-terrorism Act."[14]

No doubt it wasn't simply to neutralize future McVeighs that the American government needed anti-constitutional laws and this special armed force. The director of the FBI admitted that his office was more preoccupied by "certain individuals and organizations that suspect the government of participating in conspiracies at the global level; individuals who are organized against the United States."[15]

In the preceding examples, terrorist attacks have been perpetrated by apparently isolated and sincere individuals. Those attacks permitted the passage of repressive laws and the reinforcement of the police forces at moments when civilian disobedience could thwart governmental projects. During their respective trials, overwhelming indications have strongly suggested that these terrorists were manipulated and materially assisted by the secret services, because it is not so easy for a single person to procure detonators, firebombs and explosive charges capable of blowing away the FBI building. Likewise, it is not so easy to torch the Reichstag with matches, unless it has previously been soaked with inflammable substances. However, other attacks of the same genre do not permit one to reach these conclusions, because quite often the terrorists have been killed in the act or afterwards, during a manhunt, and there is no chance for them to make indiscreet revelations to the court.

Edited by axlfan88

Likewise, in 1939, the entourage of President Roosevelt openly desired to enter the war on the side of England so as to channel an over-full American industrial capacity towards war and, in the long term, to prepare the immense Asian market for the USA. But they, too, had to manage a frankly isolationist public opinion. On 26 November 1941, Roosevelt addressed to the Japanese an improbable ultimatum that demanded "the immediate retreat of all Japanese troops from Manchuria and Indochina." Japan was forced into the war and, on 7 December [1941], the American military base at Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese air force without any declaration of war and without any of the base's officers being alerted. In two hours, the American Pacific fleet was lightened of eight battleships, three cruisers, eight destroyers,[26] forty-five airplanes and a large number of young American soldiers. This "terrorist" attack[27] changed public opinion and determined the entry of the United States into the Second World War. The brain-trust[28] got its war.

Several questions were later posed. Why was Pearl Harbor so badly defended, despite the facts that, in January 1941, G. Crew (ambassador of the United States in Tokyo) had announced in a letter to Roosevelt that Pearl Harbor would be the "first target" of a possible Japanese attack, which was a warning reiterated in August 1941 by Dies, a member of Congress? Japan's secret code had long been known by the American secret services, and several allies and the Dutch admiral Helfrich, among others, had already warned Washington of the attack. But the commanders at Pearl Harbor were never alerted. The night before the Japanese aggression, Roosevelt brought several non-commissioned officers to the White House to await the "surprise" attack and, several days later, he demanded absolute silence concerning this state secret from a half-dozen officers: "Gentlemen, this goes to the grave with us."[29]

Nevertheless, there was an investigation, but according to the historian J. Toland, "the witnesses changed their testimony under diverse pressures; dossiers were destroyed or 'misplaced'; leading figures of the government 'forgot' where they were, what they said, and what they did in the crucial hours preceding the attack."[30] The Japanese aggression against Pearl Harbor allowed the Roosevelt Administration to involve the United States in the Second World War, and the large American companies (General Motors, ITT, Standard Oil, Ford, etc.) -- after having greatly contributed to the Nazi war effort that would eventually destroy Europe[31] -- became engaged in a global war in which victory would, not surprisingly, belong to the country with the most dynamic military-industrial production. And this war opened to the United States, not only the Asian market coveted by Roosevelt, but also that of a deathly pale Europe.

fb05.jpg

Edited by axlfan88

-JFK assassination.

-The whole "Illuminati" theory to an extent. I don't believe in the "Illuminati" per se, but I think the concept that there's a powerful, elite group of people who influence what we see on television and other media outlets for the purpose of manipulating our minds could have some truth to it.

-There's a lot behind 9/11 that we don't know about and I'll leave it at that.

-The whole "Illuminati" theory to an extent. I don't believe in the "Illuminati" per se, but I think the concept that there's a powerful, elite group of people who influence what we see on television and other media outlets for the purpose of manipulating our minds could have some truth to it.

Yes, the concept may have some truth to it, but i dont think there is just one big secret group that meets a la illuminati. Not very secret is it if the tin foil hat brigade know about it.

JFK for sure.

As far as the illuminati, it's all true except one fact. The conspiracy is out in the open. The names of the 10-20 people who run the world can be found with a quick google search. There's no secret society behind it. Just elected, some not elected, And financial leaders who have a stunning amount of influence on world affairs.

This is one of my favorite topics ever. I love taking conspiracy theories and tearing them up. Debunking is like my favorite hobby. I like them much more then books or movies because they have to be as perfect as possible with no holes in the plot or they get shot to shit.

I could probably fill this thread with thoughts on these, but I'll share one that I think is POSSIBLE, not that I necessarily believe it, but it fits my criteria of not dismissing immediately.

So, the one I like a lot, again, NOT saying I BELIEVE it, just saying it's got some interesting arguments, evidence, and a motive to employ deception is the theory that we know there was once a civilization on Mars.

- It's not disputed Mars once had oceans, it was much more Earth like.

- There are some seriously interesting pictures of Mars showing some interesting structures on Mars.

Why cover it up though? I think that's the main question of any conspiracy theory.

- Fact: NASA had a study done back in 1959 by big time think tank the Brookings Institution about the impact of discovering Alien life in the universe. Brookings Institution determined that the best course of action would be to cover it up or the world would fall into chaos ... people would question religion, panic in general etc.

- Think about it from a government standpoint. If we could see from our satellites that there are manufactured structures, we would have to keep it quiet until we could afford to send a manned mission to mars to see if there is anything good, like weapons. If we announce to the world that there are pyramids or structures built by intelligent life, bet your ass China gets there first. They have 1.5 Billion people and no human rights. They will let millions starve pouring money into a program to get up there and get any technology, or simply be the country that documented the first know evidence of Alien life.

So anyway, not saying I BELIEVE it's true, I BELIEVE it's possible.

BTW there are about 100 books on this if you want details.

If you want the only one I believe, it's the whole aspartame thing. If you drink or eat anyhting "sugar free" or "diet" google it and I bet you stop.

As far as the illuminati, it's all true except one fact. The conspiracy is out in the open. The names of the 10-20 people who run the world can be found with a quick google search. There's no secret society behind it. Just elected, some not elected, And financial leaders who have a stunning amount of influence on world affairs.

That's what makes it so masterful; everything is hidden in plain sight, and no one can do anything about it. ;)