Patience & Hope

wkuk04

This may be having me having wishful thinking & I'm the king of wishful thinking but I've got a feeling we have something in store for us come the end of the year in terms of a 'release' i say this because coming onto this site recently i sense a lot of negativity, all I'm saying is be a little more patient. I'm looking forward to part two of Chinese Democracy its like the sequel of all sequels, The General & Checkmate come to mind but track name's we haven't heard of i think are more likely.

Morning from Lancashire, England. Current Listening: Thin Lizzy - Chinatown

The only good thing about lancashire is the road to Yorkshire :P

I remain optimistic about the future of GnR too, i dont understand why people are spelling doom weeks after a major tour finishes??

:takethat:

its the usual case after the tour people speaking doom.

GN'R is more active than ever before (2010, 2011 and 2012 are all among the five most active years in GN'R history in terms of no. of songs played live), gets better reviews than ever before (I can't remember any period where they consistently got as rave reviews as today), released a good album less than 4 years ago (some say it is great) and are now, apparently, working on a new album (due to be released in a few years). This is a great time to be a GN'R fan.

GN'R is more active than ever before (2010, 2011 and 2012 are all among the five most active years in GN'R history in terms of no. of songs played live), gets better reviews than ever before (I can't remember any period where they consistently got as rave reviews as today), released a good album less than 4 years ago (some say it is great) and are now, apparently, working on a new album (due to be released in a few years). This is a great time to be a GN'R fan.

I agree dude, party on!

My feelings are divided right now.

On one hand: Well, we've been patient during the "CD-era" so this is nothing compared to that. Plus they have just been touring...

On the other hand: For fucks sake! How long do I have to wait for another album? At least with CD we had an album title and leaks...

Edited by KiraMPD

we don't even have the name of the album and most of the songs we know exist are from an era which doesn't exist anymore.

we lost quality musicians and none of the current members has any power to make the record come out earlier.

I fail to see how a new album wouldn't take the same time as CD to be released, as long as axl is the boss.

On the other hand: For fucks sake! How long do I have to wait for another album? At least with CD we had an album title and leaks...

My bet is 2014. The trick of waiting is to actually not wait, just let life go on sprinkled with the occasional great albums by bands you like.

Agreed 100%.

Shit. We have at least 2 years of leaks to go through before any album is close to release.

Can't assume things will go the same as last time. Axl might be running a much tighter ship his time to prevent leaks.

Shit. We have at least 2 years of leaks to go through before any album is close to release.

Can't assume things will go the same as last time. Axl might be running a much tighter ship his time to prevent leaks.

Anything is possible. I Kind of question Axl's ability to run any sort of ship, but anything is possible.

My bet is 2014. The trick of waiting is to actually not wait, just let life go on sprinkled with the occasional great albums by bands you like.

Lol, in no way am I waiting hand on foot for another album from Guns. :lol:

I don't think anyone is actually just sitting at home holding their breath for one (though it might seem like it on the forum sometimes). :rolleyes: